Author Topic: Inside Out London discusses whether councils condone dodgy parking practices  (Read 1869 times)

Offline Web Admin

• Administrator
  • Follower
Louise Hulland investigates how unsuspecting motorists are being caught out by poor and misleading parking signs and asks if the council is turning a blind eye.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b06z8fk6

Offline 2b1ask1

• Follower
WTF, enforcing a yellow line for 1/2 hour in the middle of the night... How is that helping traffic flow?

Nothing new about Ilford Lane, the CEO's hide around the corner and pounce if you dare dive into a shop for 30 seconds!

My personal beef at the moment however is all over London at the moment the bus lane signs are being 'spun' so you cannot see them as you approach, typically it is the time ones. Lambeth and Tower Hamlets seem the most prolific at it.
Willing to do my bit...

Offline The Bald Eagle

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • THE lowest common denominator
WE ARE WATCHING YOU

Offline 2b1ask1

• Follower
More beef about spun bus lane signs... Homerton Road both ways, every sign is turned so you cannot see them on the carriageway - As these are are bus, cycle, taxi lanes only bikers beware!

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@51.5519127,-0.0242493,3a,75y,3.87h,76.52t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sEqrV2JzwL7w4-LfvIGnPzA!2e0!7i13312!8i6656?hl=en
Willing to do my bit...

Offline Ewan Hoosami

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • Veni, Vidi, $chunti. I came, I saw, I assisted.
I've often wondered what Trouserfire means when he bangs on about "hard working parking managers". I know now because the one in that film was working very hard to maintain illegal ticket targets.

Appealing to the council is like playing chess with a pigeon. You might be a chess grand master but the pigeon will always knock all the pieces over, shit on the board and then strut around triumphantly.

Supporters of the NoToMob

In order to view this object you need Flash Player 9+ support!

Get Adobe Flash player