Author Topic: The singularly most stupid parking restriction I have encountered to date!  (Read 2550 times)

Offline 2b1ask1

• Follower
Have I stumbled into a fast show sketch today in St Leonards Street, Bow, East London?

If you head on St Leonards Street to rejoin the A12 or Bow Roundabout slip as it actually is. There is on the right hand side a set of full depth bays marked out, the first dozen or so are permit only bays then there is a pair of double bay markers indicating (to the informed) a change in requirement, another pair of double markings and another dozen or so bays with the most punitive restriction, daytime parking for ANYONE is limited to just two hours on a Friday afternoon!!!

Oddly all day Saturday and Sunday though???

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@51.5284862,-0.0135289,3a,75y,79.71h,76.22t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sFwdUFN4JVF0jNFhOFg2d9Q!2e0!7i13312!8i6656?hl=en

Why on earth is this other than to catch people out, the bays are full depth nose in type so it cannot in any way be to do with traffic flow...

See attachments also; I'm at a total loss to explain what I have seen.
Willing to do my bit...

Offline The Bald Eagle

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • THE lowest common denominator
Re: The singularly most stupid parking restriction I have encountered to date!
« Reply #1 on: 08 February, 2016, 06:18:53 PM »
 W:T:F: ??? ??? ??? W:T:F: :o :o :o W:T:F: ??? ??? ??? W:T:F: ??? ??? ??? W:T:F: :o :o :o W:T:F: ??? ??? ??? W:T:F: ??? ??? ??? W:T:F: :o :o :o W:T:F: ??? ??? ??? W:T:F: ??? ??? ??? W:T:F: :o :o :o W:T:F: ??? ??? ??? W:T:F: ??? ??? ??? W:T:F: :o :o :o W:T:F: ??? ??? ??? W:T:F: ??? ??? ??? W:T:F: :o :o :o W:T:F: ??? ??? ??? W:T:F: ??? ??? ??? W:T:F: :o :o :o W:T:F: ??? ??? ??? W:T:F: ??? ??? ??? W:T:F: :o :o :o W:T:F: ??? ??? ??? W:T:F: ??? ??? ??? W:T:F: :o :o :o W:T:F: ??? ??? ??? W:T:F: ??? ??? ??? W:T:F: :o :o :o W:T:F: ??? ??? ??? W:T:F: ??? ??? ??? W:T:F: :o :o :o W:T:F: ??? ??? ??? W:T:F: ??? ??? ??? W:T:F: :o :o :o W:T:F: ??? ??? ??? W:T:F: ??? ??? ??? W:T:F: :o :o :o W:T:F: ??? ??? ??? W:T:F: ??? ??? ??? W:T:F: :o :o :o W:T:F: ??? ??? ??? W:T:F: ??? ??? ??? W:T:F: :o :o :o W:T:F: ??? ??? ??? W:T:F: ??? ??? ??? W:T:F: :o :o :o W:T:F: ??? ??? ??? W:T:F: ??? ??? ??? W:T:F: :o :o :o W:T:F: ??? ??? ??? W:T:F: ??? ??? ??? W:T:F: :o :o :o W:T:F: ??? ??? ??? W:T:F: ??? ??? ??? W:T:F: :o :o :o W:T:F: ??? ??? ??? W:T:F: ??? ??? ??? W:T:F: :o :o :o W:T:F: ??? ??? ??? W:T:F: ??? ??? ??? W:T:F: :o :o :o W:T:F: ??? ??? ??? W:T:F: ??? ??? ??? W:T:F: :o :o :o W:T:F: ??? ??? ??? W:T:F: ??? ??? ??? W:T:F: :o :o :o W:T:F: ??? ??? ??? W:T:F: ??? ??? ??? W:T:F: :o :o :o W:T:F: ??? ??? ??? W:T:F: ??? ??? ??? W:T:F: :o :o :o W:T:F: ??? ??? ??? W:T:F: ??? ??? ??? W:T:F: :o :o :o W:T:F: ??? ??? ??? W:T:F: ??? ??? ??? W:T:F: :o :o :o W:T:F: ??? ??? ??? W:T:F: ??? ??? ??? W:T:F: :o :o :o W:T:F: ??? ??? ??? W:T:F: ??? ??? ??? W:T:F: :o :o :o W:T:F: ??? ??? ???
WE ARE WATCHING YOU

Offline BGB

• Follower
« Reply #2 on: 08 February, 2016, 09:34:49 PM »
These are Tower Hamlets' "Muslim" * bays, to be found in the vicinity of Mosques.  The timings are to facilitate parking for the special Friday prayers. **

* These bays are available to those of any faith or none.  However those of other faiths or none generally do not attend mosque on Friday lunchtimes.

** "Christian" bays are also available.***

*** These bays are available to those of any faith or none.  However, those of other faiths or none generally do not attend church on Sunday mornings.
« Last Edit: 08 February, 2016, 09:43:58 PM by BGB »

Offline Ewan Hoosami

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • Veni, Vidi, $chunti. I came, I saw, I assisted.
« Reply #3 on: 09 February, 2016, 07:52:31 PM »
…………...those of other faiths or none generally do not attend church on Sunday mornings.

I'm pretty sure weasels don't either. There's no room in their cold black hearts for the 'do unto others' bit.

Anyway, am I reading the signs correctly? People who reasonably park outside of the times on the yellow sign will fall foul of strict time on the white sign. Still I'm sure the Council would not engineer a trap like that and then ruthlessly benefit from it.  <Whistle>
Appealing to the council is like playing chess with a pigeon. You might be a chess grand master but the pigeon will always knock all the pieces over, shit on the board and then strut around triumphantly.

Offline BGB

• Follower
« Reply #4 on: 09 February, 2016, 08:30:42 PM »
Ewan

To be fair to Tower Hamlets Council, they are trying to make the signage more helpful by pointing out that the CPZ single yellow line restrictions do not apply at the times on the white plate. However, they could of course omit the white plate and therefore follow TSRGD rather than going freestyle. 

My current favourite freestyle Tower Hamlets signage is shown in my avatar.  I don't know which way to go, and LBTH don't either.

Supporters of the NoToMob

In order to view this object you need Flash Player 9+ support!

Get Adobe Flash player