Author Topic: Connell Crescent $chunt - Thursday 26th November 2015  (Read 2306 times)

Offline The Bald Eagle

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • THE lowest common denominator
Connell Crescent $chunt - Thursday 26th November 2015
« on: 01 December, 2015, 11:06:02 AM »
Me and Coco popped along for our $chunting fix and managed 44 definite saves (£5,720). I suspect that there were at least as many others who would have got tickets if it wasn't for our presence, and this suspicion is supported by our regular visitor I previously named "briefcase man".

This guy walks down CC every working day as he transfers lines between Park Royal and Hanger lane tube. Every time we see him he tells us that we need to have someone there every day because of the shear number of people he sees contravening the restriction when we aren't there.

Anyway, we did what we could but still about 4 cars got past us, plus there might have been a few more before we arrived about 10 minutes late. One driver zipped past us at frightening speed, but Coco managed to get him stopped with a blast on his trusty Acme Thunderer. The driver was adamant that he traveled the route every day at about the same time and that he had never got a ticket, which is obviously wrong because we had never seen him before when $chunting. Anyway, he ignored Coco's advice and went on his merry way.

This was one of those times when I personally would like to see such arrogance rewarded with a ticket, particularly because it will have a picture of the car on it with me and Coco standing by the car warning him not to proceed. An "I told you so" moment if ever there was one.

While Coco was using the facilities in Boden's, a young lady stopped and questioned me about what I was doing. After I had explained she was obviously under the impression that I was paid to do it because she asked "So you have to stand here as part of your job?". I replied "No, I don't HAVE to stand here, but I do volunteer to stand here because I don't like to see motorists getting ripped off." I went on to explain about the NoToMob, after which she described me as a "legend". That's the second time in as many weeks and makes it all worthwhile from my point of view.

Another moment of note was when a black, high powered BMW came towards us, with the driver flashing its headlights and giving us the thumbs up in appreciation. As the car got close it occurred to me that the driver was wearing some kind of stab vest/uniform, and all was revealed when he turned on the blue flashing lights on the dashboard of his unmarked cop car.  ;D

WE ARE WATCHING YOU