Author Topic: How To Flout ALL Parking Restions  (Read 4029 times)

Offline Bad Company

• Follower
How To Flout ALL Parking Restions
« on: 29 February, 2016, 03:37:33 PM »
Anybody fancy trying this:-

http://www.nickfreemansolicitors.co.uk/mp-car-parking-letter/

I'm looking forward to hearing when somebody tries it.

Offline DastardlyDick

• Follower
Re: How To Flout ALL Parking Restions
« Reply #1 on: 29 February, 2016, 04:50:41 PM »
Hmmm is this genuinely from the learned Mr Freeman or is it the other sort of "freeman" 'Acts and Statutes require consent' claptrap that occasionally rears it's ugly head on t'internet?

Personally, I think the latter and as such it should be avoided at all costs, otherwise it could cost you your car, or worse.
« Last Edit: 29 February, 2016, 07:15:51 PM by DastardlyDick »

Offline Bad Company

• Follower
« Reply #2 on: 29 February, 2016, 06:20:42 PM »
Hmmm is this genuinely from the learned Mr Freeman or is it the other sort of "freeman" 'Acts and Statutes require consent' claptrap that occasionally rears it's ugly head on t'internet?

Personally, I think the latter and as such it should be avoided at all costs, otherwise it void cost you your car, or worse.

Oh it seems to genuine, it's on Freeman's own web site.

Offline Ewan Hoosami

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • Veni, Vidi, $chunti. I came, I saw, I assisted.
« Reply #3 on: 29 February, 2016, 06:34:00 PM »
Sounds a bit fanciful to me and, like Dick, I see the 'freeman on the land' gang getting aroused just thinking about it. 

Now Nick Freeman is a very talented solicitor and is quite adept at getting those who suffer from the mighty few bob off of motoring related criminal charges like speeding and drink driving. Parking however is a different animal. It's a weasel to be precise and is administered by weasels.

The theory behind it certainly stands up and has a sense of legitimacy about it. We have encountered at least a couple of times on here cases where travellers have invaded a council car park and have not been ticketed. Regular users who were ticketed raised the issue with the council and the council's response was along the lines of they cannot ticket the travellers because they are there illegally. It all sounds like Mr Freeman's master plan is coming together now except that the council would not tolerate regular people doing this. I'm pretty sure (shoot me down in flames if I'm not) that Council car parks are not (or are not supposed to be) governed by contract law. They are part of TMOs and are subject to unreasonable target based enforcement (I'm not wrong about that last bit so don't even go there). My feeling is that the Council gave a stock spokesweasel reply because it sounded better than "we can't be arsed ticketing them because we've got more chance of getting a straight answer out of Patrick Trouserfire than we have of getting a traveller to pay a PCN we issued to a car that is probably not even registered to them.

So if you were to try this out, and I seriously suggest you don't, you would be following a theory devised by a very knowledgeable man but not necessarily in the area of law you are invading, based upon a letter from one single MP to his constituent. Here's what I think would happen,
1. You would be issued with a PCN
2. If your representations were based on illegal occupation, you would lose and be ordered to pay. If you didn't pay the Bailiffs would come round and remove goods to the value of 10 times the original PCN and your first born would be sold into slavery.
2a. If you refuse to engage in the appeals process you go straight to the Bailiff stage as above but you exact your bloody revenge by filming all your possessions leaving your property and uploading the footage onto YouTube so that all your freeman on the land mates can agree how unfairly you have been treated. This will have to be done on a mate's computer since yours was taken by the Bailiffs.
3. The information the MP gave to his constituent was sadly given in error and whilst the Council sympathise with your position, everyone has had a truly splendid drink at your expense.

On the other hand, I could have this completely wrong and we have found a sure fire way of avoiding paying Council parking charges, three or four quid in some cases.
Appealing to the council is like playing chess with a pigeon. You might be a chess grand master but the pigeon will always knock all the pieces over, shit on the board and then strut around triumphantly.

Offline DastardlyDick

• Follower
« Reply #4 on: 29 February, 2016, 07:20:18 PM »
There are several reasons why travellers vehicles never get PCNs, but the main ones are that:-

1. You'll get a feckin' good kicking if you try
2. UK warrants can't be served on someone who is either of no fixed abode or whose residence is somewhere near Rosskilda, Republic of Ireland.

Offline scalyback

• Follower
« Reply #5 on: 29 February, 2016, 09:06:52 PM »
I thought the council would read the notice and just tow your vehicle away?

Offline Ewan Hoosami

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • Veni, Vidi, $chunti. I came, I saw, I assisted.
« Reply #6 on: 29 February, 2016, 09:07:38 PM »
There are several reasons why travellers vehicles never get PCNs, but the main ones are that:-

1. You'll get a feckin' good kicking if you try……….

That's the main one I'm thinking which reminds me that I have to edit the Wikipedia page as it incorrectly states that weasels are fearless. On the subject of dealing with travellers I once saw a fly-on-the back seat rozzer show where a pair of Motorway rozzers were sent the tracker information for a missing Chelsea Tractor. As it turned out, the scrote who nicked it placed it on the driveway of a Romany gentleman on one of those sites with permanent buildings. The thieving scrote had clearly tried to fit the nice Romany gentleman up as he had removed the number plates and placed them on the bonnet along with a cordless screwdriver which he had probably used to remove the number plates. It all started out quite nicely with "How the feck did that fock'n get dere", but quickly turned nasty as the rozzers had decided to continue trying to fit the unfortunate gentleman up anyway rather than go away and investigate who might have taken the Chelsea Tractor and dumped it on the gentleman's driveway. Many of the gentleman's neighbours came out and questioned whether this was an appropriate use of Police resources. The word 'feck' was used quite a lot as I remember. The rozzers then buggered off, leaving the poor gentleman with the awful dilemma of how to dispose of a late model Land Cruiser that had been dumped on his land. So there you go. If the rozzers won't get stuck in you can be certain a parking weasel won't bother.

As for the original subject, I've noticed there's no could or should in Mr. Freeman's piece. I hope he knows what he's doing as he could be opening himself up to claims for damages.

<hitthefan>

Appealing to the council is like playing chess with a pigeon. You might be a chess grand master but the pigeon will always knock all the pieces over, shit on the board and then strut around triumphantly.

Offline The Bald Eagle

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • THE lowest common denominator
« Reply #7 on: 01 March, 2016, 01:45:01 AM »
Anybody fancy trying this:-

http://www.nickfreemansolicitors.co.uk/mp-car-parking-letter/

I'm looking forward to hearing when somebody tries it.

Sorry to say it has loser written all over it from my point of view. <_>
WE ARE WATCHING YOU

Supporters of the NoToMob

In order to view this object you need Flash Player 9+ support!

Get Adobe Flash player