Author Topic: Man given £100 parking fine in Plymouth car park despite having permit on displa  (Read 1829 times)

Offline Web Admin

• Administrator
  • Follower
Man given £100 parking fine in Plymouth car park despite having permit on display

A GOVERNMENT officer has been slammed with a £100 fine for parking in a car park, despite claiming he had a permit on display for the duration of his stay.

Andy Reeves who lives in Swindon but regularly visits Plymouth for work, was staying at the Derriford Travelodge on a business trip on the 9th of October 2015.

Guests are able to use neighbouring Jack Rabbit's car park if staying at the Travelodge-providing customers display a permit in their cars.

The local government officer who stays frequently at the hotel was surprised to find he had been sent a Contravention Notice for £100 for "not displaying a permit."

What perplexed the 36-year-old the most, is that the images taken of his Audi in the car park only show the rear and side of the car- not the front; where Andy claims his permit was displayed.

He is now preparing to take a court battle against Premier Parking Solutions, who gave him the huge £100 parking fine.

Andy said: "In addition to failing to include the photo of the front of the car, I also have written permission from the landowner to park there but they [Premier Parking Solutions] are still pursuing the claim.

"The crux of the point is why would anyone display a parking permit on their parcel shelf as opposed to their dashboard?"

The manager of the Jack Rabbit even stepped in to help Andy by writing to the Newton Abbott based parking company informing them that Andy had a permit and was using the car park as a guest of the Travelodge.

Despite this, Premier Parking are pursuing the claim.

Andy added: "I just want to make people aware that this is going on; people like my parents would buckle and pay.

"My experience has been poor and they have been very challenging."

The Herald have approached premier Parking Solutions for a statement.

http://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/Man-given-100-parking-fine-Plymouth-car-park/story-28848372-detail/story.html

Offline scalyback

• Follower
I'm waiting for... "After the Plymouth Herald asked the company for an opinion, they replied that the case had been dropped as a gesture of goodwill."
 :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Supporters of the NoToMob

In order to view this object you need Flash Player 9+ support!

Get Adobe Flash player