Author Topic: PCN, The Bailiff and what to do next?!?!  (Read 2826 times)

Offline rusey1982

• Civilian
PCN, The Bailiff and what to do next?!?!
« on: 14 March, 2016, 06:23:32 PM »
Hi all,

I am hoping someone can help me with the predicament i seem to be in.
I will try to keep this as short as possible.

Had bailiffs turn up the other week to take money owed from a PCN dating back to May 2015.
Had to pay £512 on the spot or the car was being taken away.
My wife and I had no idea we had received the PCN. Bailiffs were very helpful and gave us contact details and numbers regarding the PCN.
After we paid and the bailiffs went, we began to look into said PCN. We were able to look online at a video and photos of the offence committed.
Admittedly, albeit for 8 seconds, my wife had stopped in a yellow box junction.

Our issue is that we did not receive the PCN delivered to our address, we did not recieved any follow up letters and no letter stating that the PCN was being passed onto the Bailiff.

I have contacted the Hammersmith and Fulham Council, which is where the offence occurred, and told them that we had no contact from them, so how can we pay a charge that we know nothing about.
Their response was that they sent the letters out, which they received back, and that we have paid so as far as they are concerned, the case is closed, and that they will send us a letter in the post to confirm this, to the address that they have for us.
In the email, it had the address that they had been sending the letters and PCN to.
IT IS NOT MY ADDRESS ON THE LETTER!!   
Its the right road, but no the right number!

I went to the address that the letters had been "sent" to and spoke to the person living there. They had said that they received some post last year but returned it to sender.  They said they would keep a look out for any post that turns up.
Two days later they were in contact stating that they had a letter turn up for me.

So, I now have proof that they have been sending the post to the wrong address. Even the address the bailiff wrote on my receipt of payment is incorrect!
How could i have paid the original fine if they have been sending the post to the wrong address??
Do i have grounds to claim back the fine charges? seeing as they were sending it to the wrong address?

Where do i go from here??

Any help or advise at all would be marvellous!

Thank you in advance!

Dave

Offline Overlord

• Follower
Re: PCN, The Bailiff and what to do next?!?!
« Reply #1 on: 15 March, 2016, 12:26:16 PM »
How come the bailiffs arrived at the right address, when all the correspondence had been sent to the wrong address?? W:T:F:

Offline Mr Mustard

• Follower
« Reply #2 on: 15 March, 2016, 02:36:09 PM »
The council got the letters back but then went onto the next stage each time. That can't be legal.

Please send copies of everything you have to mrmustard@zoho.com and I will advise you (free of any charge).

Offline scalyback

• Follower
« Reply #3 on: 15 March, 2016, 04:12:33 PM »
Overlord... The guy said  "I went to the address that the letters had been "sent" to and spoke to the person living there. They had said that they received some post last year but returned it to sender.  They said they would keep a look out for any post that turns up."

So I guess the bay leaves turned up there, and the owners were pretty quick to pass on the correct address. Can't blame them!

Offline DastardlyDick

• Follower
« Reply #4 on: 15 March, 2016, 05:02:24 PM »
Is the address on your V5 Registration Document correct? I believe that the Council only have an obligation to send any correspondence to the address held on DVLA records.

Offline rusey1982

• Civilian
« Reply #5 on: 16 March, 2016, 05:36:29 AM »
Thanks for the replies guys.

The bailiffs didnt get a reply at the other address that the letters were sent to. The car was parked directly out the front of the block of flats i live in, so guess they knocked at each flat asking for the owner of that vehicle until they got the right address.

I have fully checked the V5 document, and it contains all the correct address and details of car ownership on it.

Thanks again.

Supporters of the NoToMob

In order to view this object you need Flash Player 9+ support!

Get Adobe Flash player