Author Topic: Bolton - NSL Ltd CEO gives lorry parking fine after driver dies at the wheel  (Read 1978 times)

Offline The Bald Eagle

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • THE lowest common denominator
Why is it always NSL Ltd wardens, or is that a rhetorical question (see ticket targets thread)?

-----------------------------------------------------------

Traffic warden gives lorry parking fine after driver dies at the wheel in Halliwell, Bolton

Scene - Brownlow Way

A TRAFFIC warden gave an illegally parked lorry a fine — not realising that the driver had died at the wheel.

Police were called to the junction of Halliwell Street and Brownlow Way on Friday at 10.45am to reports that a HGV driver had "suffered a medical episode".

The driver had parked up with his hazard lights on outside the Farm Foods store on the south side of the road.

Police discovered the body of a 52-year-old man in the cab of the lorry and the road was closed off.

It later emerged that a warden working for contractor NSL on behalf of Bolton Council issued the lorry a parking ticket.

NSL said a the enforcement officer inspected the vehicle and did not believe a driver was in the lorry at the time.

A spokesman said: "We can confirm that a HGV was issued with a Penalty Charge Notice for illegal parking in Halliwell Road on March 18.

"As a matter of routine, an enforcement officer took a photograph of the vehicle and undertook a cursory external inspection from the roadside prior to issuing the notice.

"On review there is nothing to suggest that the HGV driver was in his cab at the time the ticket was issued.

"Naturally, all of our thoughts go out to the driver and his family and friends."

The spokesman added the ticket was issued at 9.18am and the warden believed no-one was in the vehicle at the time. 

GMP said the man's death is not being treated as suspicious and the case has been passed to the Bolton coroner.

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/news/14372157.Traffic_warden_gives_lorry_parking_fine_after_driver_dies_at_the_wheel/?ref=trn
WE ARE WATCHING YOU

Offline 2b1ask1

• Follower
We can only hope that CEO has very bad dreams for a long time!

Didn't say they cancelled it either!
Willing to do my bit...

Offline BGB

• Follower
Another highly irresponsible driver who chose to not delay dieing until he found a compliant place to do so. I'm sure Ewan will be along shortly with his Patrick Trouserfire picture and quotation

Offline Ewan Hoosami

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • Veni, Vidi, $chunti. I came, I saw, I assisted.
No selfish motorist thread would be complete without the wise words of His Trouserfireness,

<Monkey>
Appealing to the council is like playing chess with a pigeon. You might be a chess grand master but the pigeon will always knock all the pieces over, shit on the board and then strut around triumphantly.

Supporters of the NoToMob

In order to view this object you need Flash Player 9+ support!

Get Adobe Flash player