Author Topic: British Parking Association breaches it's own Code Of Practice  (Read 2095 times)

Offline Ewan Hoosami

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • Veni, Vidi, $chunti. I came, I saw, I assisted.
British Parking Association breaches it's own Code Of Practice
« on: 18 January, 2017, 12:00:12 PM »
A recent story has highlighted a growing trend where people are parking across two bays to prevent damage to their cars by what my old mate Trouserfire would call "inconsiderate motorists".

There is a bit of debate going on with one camp siding with old Trouserfire, who is known for talking bollocks, and the other camp explaining that they only do it in largely empty car parks, on a far side, hoping to protect their pride and joy which they have saved for.

I'm sure you will have an opinion one way or the other on this phenomenon but the point of the story is what the BPA Ltd had to say about it. News agencies routinely ask the BPA Ltd for some condescending diatribe concerning parking and the buggers did not disappoint us this time around. They began by telling us how selfish we all are and how lucky we were to have feral BPA Ltd members issuing tickets like confetti even when we had done nothing wrong. Then they went on to use the word 'penalty' :o when their own Code Of practice expressly forbids it! :o Yup, you read that right, 14.2 clearly states, "You must not use terms which imply that parking is being managed, controlled and enforced under statutory authority. This includes using terms such as ‘fine’, ‘penalty’ or ‘penalty charge notice’." :o

So here's the BBC news article I found it in then,
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-south-yorkshire-38594087
Our Bullshit Purveyors' little pearl of wisdom can be found towards the end and reproduced below in BPA Ltd regulation bullshit brown,

A spokesperson (spokesweasel, says I) for the British Parking Association (Ltd), which represents parking and traffic management operators, said "inconsiderate parking" causes problems for other motorists.
It advised that failing to abide by the terms and conditions set out on parking notices could lead to a penalty notice being issued by the car park operator.

As a little footnote, the featured article could also be included in M'learned Eagle's thread on how galactically useless ANPR is,
http://notomob.co.uk/discussions/index.php?topic=5768.0

ANPR only ever measures a percentage of entrances and exits, thus leading to completely baseless sPeCulative iNvoices (PCNs). ALL OTHER PARKING RELATED MISDEEDS GO UNNOTICED!

Appealing to the council is like playing chess with a pigeon. You might be a chess grand master but the pigeon will always knock all the pieces over, shit on the board and then strut around triumphantly.

Supporters of the NoToMob

In order to view this object you need Flash Player 9+ support!

Get Adobe Flash player