Author Topic: Waiting to go to court to prove anpr cameras don't work  (Read 2477 times)

Offline Jake

• Civilian
Waiting to go to court to prove anpr cameras don't work
« on: 05 March, 2017, 04:42:47 PM »
Attended a London Underground Stn car park last Sept. operated by NCP.  A saturday at  5pm approx. so it was just £2 all day until 0300am the following day.
Entered part of my Reg.No. as directed(4 digets) in the ANPR payment machine on site  and the ANPR machine indentified my car so I acknowledged by pushing the appropriate button  and was then asked to pay the £2. I used a debit card on the contactless system and was given a ticket/receipt..duly dated and timed with the amount paid £2. I pocket the ticket and at 11pm I returned and drove out the car park to home.  With 6 days I had a PCN with the usual pics of my reg No. which was all correct. The PCN told me I had "failed to pay "on leaving the car park" at 11pm and invited me to pay £100 for parking which had been paid for.   Believe this or not, I check the trousers I was wearing and in the back pocket found the NCP payment receipt, a little wrinkled but clearly showing date, time, location,£2. payment made and the 4 digets of my car No. and all their IT references. Knowing I was right I also went online and checked my bank statement and there it was... payment on that day and time (5pm) to NCP Parking for £2.

I called NCP the following day and spoke to a man called "Ronnie" and explained the error and the payment details that had been made. etc etc. He wouldnt accept that the cameras and the ticket machine were out of sync.?

His only help was telling me to Appeal the PCN. I said I wouldnt as that was a kind of admittance of guilt. I asked them to go back and check their I.T. side of the machine for the date and time and car reg No. etc etc ...surely not hard for a multi national company. I refused to send them the paperwork as requested  thinking in maybe "lost in the post" and dont feel I should be wasting my time corrercting their errors.

They have obviously not and several nasty letters later they have passed the matter to debt recovery and solicitors(Wright Hassel) that keep try to call me on my mobile and sending letters threatening court action..because of my "Unauthorised overstay" so the crime changes...

Im refusing to have any conversation or contact with them and anticipate going to a court hearing with my documented proof of no debt and perhaps to show NCP up for what they really are.   PARKING COWBOYS.......with ANPR toys. All their paper work is correct..they are just Lazy.

Offline The Bald Eagle

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • THE lowest common denominator
Re: Waiting to go to court to prove anpr cameras don't work
« Reply #1 on: 05 March, 2017, 04:43:32 PM »
Hello Jake

Thanks for telling us your story, one which is unfortunately extremely familiar. The Parking Prankster (a NoToMob member who can be contacted at prankster@parking-prankster.com ) would be very interested in your story if you do end up in court and he has contacts who are often willing to offer help in cases like yours.

Unfortunately you originally chose to post in a thread where we only post definitive proof that the ANPR cameras don't work, and since you have yet to prove your case I have started another thread for you and transferred it there/here.
WE ARE WATCHING YOU

Offline DastardlyDick

• Follower
« Reply #2 on: 06 March, 2017, 09:32:57 AM »
Hopefully the Prankster will be able to sort this mess out for you, but you haven't done yourself any favours by refusing to engage with them. Might I also suggest posting this up on www.pepipoo.co.uk? The boys and girls on there are very knowledgeable about this stuff.
At this stage, you don't have to worry about debt recovery - they cannot enforce a debt without a County Court Order/warrant. What you do need to watch out for is a "letter before action" or "letter before County Court claim" and actual Court Documents.

Offline Mr Mustard

• Follower
« Reply #3 on: 06 March, 2017, 07:16:58 PM »
I have the email of the boss of rail at NCP and he has cancelled the last two obvious errors I have got involved in.

Please send me copies of everything to ddishman@creditlimits.co.uk (If you have already asked the Prankster for help please tell me as I will work with him and not tread on his toes).

Supporters of the NoToMob

In order to view this object you need Flash Player 9+ support!

Get Adobe Flash player