Author Topic: Southwark Camera car  (Read 5344 times)

Offline Triumph900

• Civilian
Southwark Camera car
« on: 11 October, 2017, 12:08:10 PM »
Hey guys- hope you can help.

I have a problem with the very same camera car and operator that patrols Southwark Park Road and Southampton Way. I live off of Balfour Street SE17. For four years every day, 3 times a day, this car sits in Balfour Street monitoring drivers going through the one way section illegally. My neighbours and I do not have a problem with that. Our beef is that this car is sitting there with its engine running all the time. Several of us have complained directly to the Council. I have a reply from earlier this year from a Mark Palmer @southwark.gov.uk (casework Ref 774069). Its nothing short of a direct fob to me and my neighbours. It appears that there is nothing that the Council are prepared to do, and they are saying that there is nothing I can do. We are constantly being told to reduce CO2 emissions. Its obvious to me that this does not apply to the Council. The flats that are adjacent to where this camera car is parking have to keep their windows shut to stave off the fumes while it is there.

I need your help guys. Ill do whatever it takes to get this stopped. Some of you might remember me from the Parking Tax protest in 2008/9. I was Warrens' megaphone and P.A system provider.

Offline DastardlyDick

• Follower
Re: Southwark Camera car
« Reply #1 on: 11 October, 2017, 04:14:17 PM »
So, what reason(s) do Southwark give for leaving the engine running? Are they claiming an exemption, if so, under what piece of Legislation?

You and your neighbours need to decide which is the most undesirable - the fumes from this vehicle or the drivers going the wrong way down your road.

Offline Coco

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • Northampton
« Reply #2 on: 11 October, 2017, 09:35:47 PM »

. . . You and your neighbours need to decide which is the most undesirable - the fumes from this vehicle or the drivers going the wrong way down your road.

The fact remains that the camera car is not preventing drivers going the wrong way - its is simply raising revenue from people breaking their TTROs.

Offline The Bald Eagle

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • THE lowest common denominator
« Reply #3 on: 12 October, 2017, 11:12:48 AM »
This hypocrisy needs to be exposed, particularly in light of the fact we are under threat from Europe of being fined for failing to reach pollution level targets. I wonder if the press would be interested? :idea:

@Triumph500. Can you please send us copies of the correspondence you refer to. Send to
seen@notomob.co.uk. Also, can you get some video. There's nothing like a video of a car spewing pollution to convince the public that children's lives are being put at risk by an uncaring council. <Swearyangry>
WE ARE WATCHING YOU

Offline The Bald Eagle

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • THE lowest common denominator
« Reply #4 on: 12 October, 2017, 01:32:23 PM »
You and your neighbours need to decide which is the most undesirable - the fumes from this vehicle or the drivers going the wrong way down your road.

I can't believe that after all this time you still don't get it. I feel like I'm doing this - :bashy:
WE ARE WATCHING YOU

Offline Ewan Hoosami

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • Veni, Vidi, $chunti. I came, I saw, I assisted.
« Reply #5 on: 12 October, 2017, 03:56:58 PM »
Southwark have some useful information on this very subject;

"Motor vehicle idling hop-spots
Report motor vehicle idling hotspots by emailing environmental.protection@southwark.gov.uk"

http://www.southwark.gov.uk/environment/air-quality/reporting-air-quality-complaints

Presumably, a 'hop' spot is like a hot spot except it makes residents hopping mad over the two faced gittery exhibited by the Council.

<Swearyrant>
Appealing to the council is like playing chess with a pigeon. You might be a chess grand master but the pigeon will always knock all the pieces over, shit on the board and then strut around triumphantly.

Supporters of the NoToMob

In order to view this object you need Flash Player 9+ support!

Get Adobe Flash player