Author Topic: Sandwell -Ex-council deputy leader 'breached' code of conduct over parking fines  (Read 2207 times)

Offline The Bald Eagle

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • THE lowest common denominator
"The council will decide what action to take against cllr Hussain in the next few weeks."

If he's not charged with misfeasance in public office, I would suggest that the guilty councillor knows too much about where some of the other bodies are buried at Sandwell council...  <Whistle>

========================================================

Ex-council deputy leader 'breached' code of conduct over parking fines

The former deputy leader of Sandwell Council has breached the code of conduct for underselling a public toilet to a friend, and attempting to quash parking tickets for his wife and children.

The council's standards sub-committee found cllr Mahboob Hussain had breached the code of conduct 12 times.

He was accused of the 'improper involvement' in the sale of three public toilets well below their market value in 2011-12.

He was also accused of instructing officers to reduce or cancel three parking tickets for his wife and sons.

Cllr Hussain told The Birmingham Mail: 'I have always strongly refuted the allegations made against me and would have liked the opportunity to defend myself fully.'

The council will decide what action to take against cllr Hussain in the next few weeks.

https://www.localgov.co.uk/Ex-council-deputy-leader-breached-code-of-conduct-over-parking-fines/44507
WE ARE WATCHING YOU

Offline DastardlyDick

• Follower
Wonder if "Kiera Fleck" will come to his rescue or will he play the 'R' Card?

Supporters of the NoToMob

In order to view this object you need Flash Player 9+ support!

Get Adobe Flash player