Author Topic: New Council Cash Cow  (Read 2920 times)

Offline DastardlyDick

• Follower
New Council Cash Cow
« on: 01 April, 2018, 04:25:49 PM »

Offline scalyback

• Follower
Re: New Council Cash Cow
« Reply #1 on: 02 April, 2018, 12:02:17 AM »
Right.....
And what about that guy who was being taken to court for dropping some cherry pips under a tree?, or the guy on youtube who tried to pretend he was a policeman by reading a woman her rights because her dog has supposedly pooped in the park, but then refused to show her where?
Which companies are running this? Smart litter? Litter eye? UK litter? I would put money on the idea that some of the dodgy parking companies will soon be litter wardens.

Offline dangerous beanz

• Follower
« Reply #2 on: 02 April, 2018, 12:39:39 AM »
Most council seem to have "Environmental Enforcement Officers" what part of the environment they are enforcing has not been made clear.
If there is a tourist season...how come we can't shoot them?

Offline DastardlyDick

• Follower
« Reply #3 on: 02 April, 2018, 10:13:34 AM »

Which companies are running this? Smart litter? Litter eye? UK litter? I would put money on the idea that some of the dodgy parking companies will soon be litter wardens.
I don't know about anywhere else, but in Kingston on Thames it's an outfit called Kingdom Security. I believe they get a percentage of the fines, so no incentiisation there!

Offline scalyback

• Follower
« Reply #4 on: 02 April, 2018, 11:17:35 AM »
And some seem to employ a company called 'Kingdom'. You only have to search youtube for 'litter police' to see some of the nonsense that has already been happening.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/834374/Environmental-worker-FINED-for-dropping-cherry-stones-among-trees

There are dozens of cases, but imagine accidentally dropping your pack of cigarettes (if you smoke), picking them up again, and getting a ticket for littering. Think I am joking?
Check out the video linked below. there are many many more which make the parking industry's sharp methods look almost old fashioned.

« Last Edit: 02 April, 2018, 04:34:16 PM by scalyback »

Offline scalyback

• Follower
« Reply #5 on: 02 April, 2018, 04:58:18 PM »
As we have our parking forum, others have a very good litter forum If you wish to read more, then have a look here...

https://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?h=0&f=10&t=1672711

Supporters of the NoToMob

In order to view this object you need Flash Player 9+ support!

Get Adobe Flash player