Author Topic: DfT rejects moving traffic offence plea [from councils outside London]  (Read 1595 times)

Offline The Bald Eagle

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • THE lowest common denominator
DfT rejects moving traffic offence plea

19 July 2019

The DfT has once again ruled out local authority requests for moving traffic offences outside London to be decriminalised. Local authorities in Greater Manchester requested the power as part of their clean air plan proposals. But environment minister Thérèse Coffey told them this week: “My officials have discussed with the Department for Transport, and there are no current plans to enable local authorities outside London to enforce moving traffic offences. These offences...

https://www.transportxtra.com/publications/local-transport-today/news/61715/dft-rejects-moving-traffic-offence-plea
WE ARE WATCHING YOU

Offline 2b1ask1

• Follower
Re: DfT rejects moving traffic offence plea [from councils outside London]
« Reply #1 on: 01 August, 2019, 03:22:16 PM »
Well that is a glimmer of light...

So how are Newcastle-upon-Tyne enforcing ridiculous bus lanes????
Willing to do my bit...

Offline The Bald Eagle

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • THE lowest common denominator
« Reply #2 on: 02 August, 2019, 08:16:05 AM »
Bus lanes are enforceable all over England because they are controlled under separate legislation (The Bus Lane Contraventions (Penalty Charges, Adjudication and Enforcement) (England) Regulations 2005).

Scotland, Ireland and Wales have their own equivalent legislation governing enforcement.
WE ARE WATCHING YOU

Offline 2b1ask1

• Follower
« Reply #3 on: 02 August, 2019, 02:09:46 PM »
Bus lanes are enforceable all over England because they are controlled under separate legislation (The Bus Lane Contraventions (Penalty Charges, Adjudication and Enforcement) (England) Regulations 2005).

Scotland, Ireland and Wales have their own equivalent legislation governing enforcement.

Thanks; there had to be a catch! I have managed to avoid copping a fine on my regular visits there but most of the guys in the factory have been clobbered by the one near the main Newcastle station, it HAS to be entrapment the layout is so appalling...

As lorrise over 3.5 tonnes are ok and will almost certainly obscure your view of the signs in a car following it is easy to get suckered in!

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@54.9691963,-1.617315,3a,53.6y,244.52h,83.91t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sTv4rCOnYGBJ2ziWprF575Q!2e0!7i13312!8i6656?hl=en&authuser=0
Willing to do my bit...

Supporters of the NoToMob

In order to view this object you need Flash Player 9+ support!

Get Adobe Flash player