Author Topic: Welwyn Garden City- Council car park  (Read 1481 times)

Offline jonesy

• Global Moderator
  • Follower
Welwyn Garden City- Council car park
« on: 12 November, 2019, 07:20:42 PM »
It seems that a good few motorist’s including yours truly are getting an early Christmas present from the local council. Some time ago ( not sure when) they changed how you pay for parking. Previously you parked up having been clocked entering the car park by cctv,did your shopping and paid for parking before leaving by putting in your registration, paying the appropriate amount, and drive out.
Now you put your number in first and select the amount of time you need and pay the amount.
Only problem is people and it seems a good number are not aware of the change and although here is some temporary signage (A4 laminated ) saying you have to pay on entry, people are obviously not seeing the seeing and not aware until they go to the machine and then find out they should have paid before hand.
I have submitted an appeal, with a couple of photos attached showing how inadequate the signage is and
 so the battle commences.

Offline jonesy

• Global Moderator
  • Follower
Re: Welwyn Garden City- Council car park
« Reply #1 on: 15 November, 2019, 03:11:57 PM »
FOI sent to Welwyn Council asking for how tickets issued before they change parking rules how many issues afterwards and how many on the day I got mine.

Offline The Bald Eagle

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • THE lowest common denominator
« Reply #2 on: 16 November, 2019, 09:23:47 AM »
Did you get a windscreen ticket? If so, can you please put a redacted copy up for us to look at.

If it was sent in the post and it is a council owned and run car park, they are in deep do do.
WE ARE WATCHING YOU

Offline jonesy

• Global Moderator
  • Follower
« Reply #3 on: 16 November, 2019, 09:39:27 AM »
Windscreen ticket which has annoyingly left a sticky residue on the screen just below the sight line. I’ll post a photo of ticket later ( once I’ve worked out how )   <_>

Offline The Bald Eagle

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • THE lowest common denominator
« Reply #4 on: 16 November, 2019, 09:49:07 AM »
Cheers. I wonder if Mr Mustard might be interested in taking a look at this?  :idea:
WE ARE WATCHING YOU

Supporters of the NoToMob

In order to view this object you need Flash Player 9+ support!

Get Adobe Flash player