Author Topic: ParkingEye Ltd's latest scam revealed  (Read 1708 times)

Offline The Bald Eagle

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • THE lowest common denominator
ParkingEye Ltd's latest scam revealed
« on: 06 December, 2019, 10:12:17 AM »
Favourite comment from below article. "I think most of us are aware that parking Eye has all the integrity of a pool of vomit."  :pmsl:

================================================

People who missed four words on the bottom of 'parking tickets' at this North Wales car park hit with hefty fines

Dozens of drivers said to have been affected by the 'void receipt' mix up, but firm behind charges is refusing to budge

Dozens of motorists are alleged to have been hit with fines after putting 'void receipts' in their car windscreens thinking they were tickets they had paid for.

They are said to have tried to pay with their cards, but not realised that the payments had been declined. Instead of tickets, they were issued with receipts that look very similar to tickets.

But the receipts say 'This is not a parking ticket' on the bottom.

North Wales Lives knows of at least 14 people claiming to have been caught out at the St Marks multi storey car park in Wrexham, and there are claims there could be many others.

But company Parking Eye, which enforces the car park, near the Island Green shopping complex, said there had been no reports of any faults, and issued fines to the affected drivers.

One woman is now facing a £200 bill, having failed to appeal the penalty charges.

Her partner, David Clarke said she had parked there on October 11 and 14. He said the receipt appeared very similar to a normal ticket, and that she had not noticed the warning that it was not valid.

Mr Clarke, 28, from Chirk, said: "The machine wasn't out of order, the transaction appeared to have been approved as normal.

"My partner grabbed the ticket like usual and preoccupied with our two toddlers, stuck it in her purse and thought no more of it.

"Then a week later I received two [parking charge notices] through the post from ParkingEye.

"My parter claimed she had paid and when she went to get the tickets, she discovered they were "void transaction receipts" - appearing exactly the same as a ticket receipt but with "void transaction" and "this is not a ticket" printed on them.

He added: "I'm really angry with the whole situation. I feel as though I've been left with no other option than to pay the charges.

Brian Hardman who shared a similar story, said there was nothing on the machine suggesting that my payment hadn't gone through (Image: Brian Hardman)

"We could go to court and fight it, but I'll end up losing even more money by taking the time off work.

"It's a bitter pill to swallow and will massively affect us as a family just before Christmas. We're not high earners at all, we're not in a position to just be able to fork out £200, especially at this time of year.

St Mark's multi storey car park in Wrexham town centre. (Image: Ian Cooper/Daily Post Wales)

"I just think it's wrong. While they may argue they are legally right, they are morally wrong.

"People need to be warned about what they're doing and triple check their tickets every time."

Brian Hardman, 38, from Gresford, who has also had his appeal rejected over the same matter, said: "These companies shouldn't be making a profit from people making a genuine mistake.

"I had tried to pay - there was nothing on the machine suggesting that my payment hadn't gone through, everything was working fine as far as I was concerned."

After posting about it on Facebook, he claims at least 20 people have contacted him having experienced a similar issue.

It is alleged the 'void receipts' appeared similar to a normal ticket (Image: David Clarke)

In response to Mr Clarke's parking charge notices, a ParkingEye spokesman, said: "On both occasions, the payment kiosks were working and all other motorists visiting the car park were able to pay, via card, without any issues."

He added: "It is vitally important that all motorists understand the terms and conditions of the car park, and ensure that they pay the correct amount for their stay.

"The details of this are displayed on signage across the site.

"We urge anyone unfamiliar with the car park to read the terms and conditions."

https://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/motorists-who-miss-four-words-17356383
WE ARE WATCHING YOU

Supporters of the NoToMob

In order to view this object you need Flash Player 9+ support!

Get Adobe Flash player