Author Topic: Manny Rasores de Toro agrees parking charges directly affect High St footfall  (Read 1689 times)

Offline Web Admin

• Administrator
  • Follower
Twitter exchange between Manny Rasores de Toro (MRdT) and NoToMob 7th to 11th June 2020

====================================================

This tweet was sent by Colcheter Borough Council

yourcolchester
@yourcolchester

From Saturday, if you pay for #parking with MiPermit in #Colchester town centre, you'll increase the time of your stay by 50%, at no extra cost!

10:27 AM · Jun 4, 2020

===============================================================

MRdT retweeted the above with the following comment

Manny Rasores de Toro
@MrParking

Well done to Colchester BC for introducing an extra 50% free parking to help shoppers. As we get back to town centres, we will find normal shopping and browsing will take a bit longer because of social distancing and the extra time is very fair and reasonable.
#PositiveParking

6:57 AM · Jun 7, 2020

==================================================

We retweeted MRdT's comment with the following

The No To Mob
@NoToMob
·
Jun 7
A parking professional admits there IS a direct link between parking charges and high street footfall #PositiveParking

@GregKnight @racfoundation @AAPresident @MartinSLewis @LordLucasCD @CommonsTrans @MoneySavingExp @DailyMirror @MailOnline @thesun @dailyexpressuk

11:08 AM · Jun 7, 2020

========================================

MRdT replied to our tweet

Manny Rasores de Toro
@MrParking
Replying to
@NoToMob

@GregKnight
 and 10 others

Please read my tweets properly and stop misrepresenting me. It does you more harm than good. #PositiveParking

11:36 PM · Jun 7, 2020

===============================================

We replied

The tweet was our way of thanking you for agreeing there is a direct link between parking charges and High St footfall. Here are some other examples where LAs have successfully increased footfall by offering shoppers free/cheaper parking #PositiveParking

http://notomob.co.uk/discussions/index.php?topic=3548.0

9:05 AM · Jun 8, 2020

================================================================

Manny Rasores de Toro
@MrParking
Replying to
@NoToMob

@GregKnight
 and 10 others

Once again quoting me wrongly. No where in my tweet does it say that I agree with that. As I am sure you know, my tweet stated I was pleased the Council was providing extra parking time to compensate for extra queuing time that may be necessary due to observing social distancing.

3:15 PM · Jun 8, 2020

==========================================================

Replying to
@MrParking

@GregKnight
 and 10 others

Your tweet says a LA is offering the incentive of cheaper parking to encourage drivers to High St shops, thereby tacitly admitting the direct link between parking charges and High St footfall. We did not quote you wrongly. We simply interpreted what you said, based on the facts.

6:50 AM · Jun 9, 2020

=====================================

Manny Rasores de Toro
@MrParking
Replying to
@NoToMob

@GregKnight
 and 10 others

Back to school soon

"Well done to Colchester BC for introducing an extra 50% free parking to help shoppers. As we get back to town centres, we will find normal shopping and browsing will take a bit longer because of social distancing and the extra time is very fair & reasonable"

7:26 AM · Jun 9, 2020

========================================

Replying to
@MrParking

@GregKnight
 and 10 others

You do realise you have form for acknowledging the link between parking charges and High St footfall don't you? Remember this Twitter exchange? "Industry spokesman accepts that 30m free parking can do some good in High St"
http://notomob.co.uk/discussions/index.php?topic=6061.0

8:43 AM · Jun 10, 2020

===========================================

Replying to
@NoToMob

@GregKnight
 and 10 others

That was a completely different situation, about LA's providing 15 minutes free parking which I felt could do more harm than good and if any free parking had to be provided, it should be 30 minutes. My logic was that I thought more PCN's maybe issued under 15 minutes free parking

10:10 AM · Jun 10, 2020

=================================================

The No To Mob
@NoToMob
Replying to
@MrParking

@GregKnight
 and 10 others

When tweeting about things like this you want to emphasise your primary reason, without recognising there is a secondary implication, i.e. the link between the cost of parking/fines and High St footfall. It's ok though because we will continue to do that for you. You're welcome ;)

12:56 PM · Jun 11, 2020

==============================

Manny Rasores de Toro
@MrParking
Replying to
@NoToMob

@GregKnight
 and 10 others

Would ask you to please look at my comments and tweets carefully and avoid taking them out of context, specially to politisice them, as I believe it actually devalues your standing on the matter.

1:51 PM · Jun 11, 2020

=======================================

The No To Mob
@NoToMob
Replying to
@MrParking

@GregKnight
 and 10 others

You once said "All I can say is reasonable people adapt themselves to the world and unreasonable people attempt to adapt the world to themselves." If you want to deny any link between parking charges and High St footfall, perhaps you should stop tweeting about cases that prove it

3:19 PM · Jun 11, 2020

==============================

Manny Rasores de Toro
@MrParking
Replying to
@NoToMob

@GregKnight
 and 10 others

One last time. My tweet did not associate free parking with higher footfall. It clearly stated I was pleased Colchester BC was being fair to customers by providing 50% free extra parking time purchased to balance the extra queuing that maybe necessary to observe social distancing

4:03 PM · Jun 11, 2020

Offline Web Admin

• Administrator
  • Follower
Our latest twitter exchange in which Mr Parking (Manny Rasores de Toro) finally confirms what we have known all along.

====================================================

Mr P tweeted.

2:34 PM · Jul 17, 2020·Twitter for Android
Well done @boltoncouncil for reversing pre Covid-19 plans to end free weekend parking. This will help local traders and residents who will not only continue the weekend parking concession until the end of 2020, but will also benefit with 2 h free Mon - Fri
https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/news/18587970.bolton-council-reverses-plans-end-free-parking-weekends-2021/

We replied

3:56 PM · Jul 17, 2020·Twitter Web App
Parking industry spokesman correctly identifies link between free parking and High St footfall.
@GregKnight @PeteWishart @CommonsTrans @racfoundation @AAPresident @MartinSLewis @LordLucasCD @MoJGovUK @grantshapps @DailyMirror @MailOnline @thesun @dailyexpressuk @MoneySavingExp

Replying to @NoToMob @GregKnight and 13 others

Anyone reading this, please note I am not an industry spokesman. Normally I don't believe in LA's providing free parking as it makes rotation of spaces much worse. However these are extraordinary times & if LA's can help their communities by providing free parking, I welcome it.
6:04 PM · Jul 17, 2020·Twitter for Android

Parking Cowboys commented:

Replying to
@MrParking @NoToMob and 14 others

How about ‘industry apologist’?
6:21 PM · Jul 17, 2020·Twitter for iPhone

Replying to @ParkingCowboys @NoToMob and 14 others

Don't know about that as I also criticise when I believe is right. Friends of mine call me an "All encompassing parking junkie", but I prefer just Mr. Parking
6:51 PM · Jul 17, 2020·Twitter for Android

Replying to
@MrParking @ParkingCowboys and 14 others

Mr Parking (who is apparently NOT an industry spokesman, but is currently Chair of Parking Technology at the BPA Ltd and a former BPA Ltd Director), correctly identifies link between free parking and High St footfall. Thanks for the admission Mr P.

7:39 AM · Jul 18, 2020·Twitter Web App

https://twitter.com/NoToMob/status/1284139972430364672

Supporters of the NoToMob

In order to view this object you need Flash Player 9+ support!

Get Adobe Flash player