Author Topic: SCAMera cars parking exemptions  (Read 3506 times)

Offline Esinem

• Follower
SCAMera cars parking exemptions
« on: 23 March, 2011, 06:07:20 PM »
After spotting a number of SCAMera cars parked on single yellows this pm outside the Pig Pen without the usual Permission to Wait board. I asked at reception who was responsible for enforcement so I could raise the subject. I called the boss. Femi Ogundele, head of CCTV enforcement at Orchardson St, claims that SCAMera cars are on a list of vehicles exempt from enforcement ("Permanent disregard") and do not need to display the Permission to Wait board. He went on to say this has always been the case. When I said the vehicles had previously always displayed Permission to Wait boards and  I asked when this had changed, he said "It's always been like that" Video to follow! Odd that he didn't explain why this requirement to display a board apparently ceased.

Southwark have Permission to Wait sheets saying where they can park. If I recall, WCC have a similar set of terms. Anyone got a copy?

I should have some video of me challenging a SCAMera car in the WE for parking in a suspended bay and a CEO failing to ticket it  ;D
« Last Edit: 23 March, 2011, 06:57:29 PM by Esinem »
Wastemonster City Council can      NoToMob are watching you!

Offline Esinem

• Follower
Re: SCAMera cars parking exemptions
« Reply #1 on: 29 March, 2011, 08:45:45 PM »
It was confirmed by Kevin Goad that CCTV cars DO NOT have 24/7 exemption and there are rules, which WCC have agreed to provide a copy, governing where and when they can park. So, it would appear that they need to display an exemption board when parked up at, for example, Orchardson St. Femi Ogundele, who controls the CCTV cars at O St, seems to think otherwise so I feel an email coming on...
« Last Edit: 01 January, 1970, 01:00:00 AM by Guest »

Offline Pat Pending

• Global Moderator
  • Follower
« Reply #2 on: 29 March, 2011, 09:07:15 PM »
Nice one Esinem what about the crew's private cars that seem to be able to park with impunity.
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Beer in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up,  totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a  ride!!"

Offline Esinem

• Follower
« Reply #3 on: 29 March, 2011, 09:12:19 PM »
Done! To Tim Cowen at NSL

Dear Tim[/font:3k58ynyx]We have observed a number of your CCTV vehicles regularly parked on yellow lines in Orchardson Street during restricted hours without displaying an exemption board. I raised the matter with Femi Ogundele at Orchardson Street who assured me that the vehicles are on ‘permanent disregard’ so are entitled to park without displaying an exemption board. However, we raised the issue at a meeting with Cllr Rowley and Kevin Goad who confirmed that they are not on ‘permanent disregard’ and are subject to specific conditions under which they may park in restricted areas. Indeed, we have seen some cars displaying such boards.  [/font:3k58ynyx]Please let us know if you require photographic/video evidence.As you are aware, restrictions are there for public safety and to enhance traffic flow. It is hugely hypocritical and creates the impression there is one law for us and another for them to flout the law in this way. I trust you will put Mr Ogundule straight and ensure that your crews comply with the law in future.[/font:3k58ynyx]

Offline Pat Pending

• Global Moderator
  • Follower
« Reply #4 on: 29 March, 2011, 09:44:54 PM »
Well done Esinem I have some photos somewhere as well if needed.
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Beer in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up,  totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a  ride!!"

Offline kiwi

• Follower
  • FCUKI'N AV IT
« Reply #5 on: 29 March, 2011, 09:53:00 PM »
Fantastic work as all ways  ;)

Offline Kill Switch

• Administrator
  • Follower
« Reply #6 on: 29 March, 2011, 10:33:08 PM »
Nice
A word to the wise ain't necessary - it's the stupid ones that need the advice

Offline BailiffHunter

• Follower
    • http://bailiffhunter.blogspot.com/
« Reply #7 on: 30 March, 2011, 06:44:48 AM »
@Esinem

Here you go. This was used for their Bailiff fleet. Note the restrictions!
\"When the facts change, I change my mind\"

Offline chalky

• Follower
« Reply #8 on: 30 March, 2011, 04:18:16 PM »
This abuse of parking in O' St led to the damage to the rear end of one of the IQ's. Not enough space for the dustmans lorry to turn, resulting in the rear end taking out the SCar! :rotfl:
Serves the sods right. :-ev-:

Offline Pat Pending

• Global Moderator
  • Follower
« Reply #9 on: 30 March, 2011, 04:30:42 PM »
Oh is that how it happened the staff wouldn't tell me when I asked.

Offline peperami gsxr

• Follower
  • bexley-notomob@live.co.uk
« Reply #10 on: 30 March, 2011, 04:36:48 PM »
Quote from: "BailiffHunter"
@Esinem

Here you go. This was used for their Bailiff fleet. Note the restrictions!

New form for schunters to use, I've amended a few words so all you need to do is fill in your reg number whilst $CHUNTING  :rotfl:
Sworn to fun, loyalty to none

Offline Slimboy

• Follower
« Reply #11 on: 30 March, 2011, 05:05:12 PM »
New form for schunters to use, I've amended a few words so all you need to do is fill in your reg number whilst $CHUNTING  :rotfl:
[/quote]

@pep

having seen and used this form myself, for the same firm as BH, send it in give it a go see what happens :pmsl: :pmsl:

Supporters of the NoToMob

In order to view this object you need Flash Player 9+ support!

Get Adobe Flash player