Author Topic: Southwark Honeypots  (Read 4251 times)

Offline The Bald Eagle

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • THE lowest common denominator
Southwark Honeypots
« on: 19 February, 2011, 10:57:37 PM »
Post any favourite haunts on this thread (Esinem says "I'll keep the list on the top here for ease of reference")

Southwark Park Road and surrounding streets

Blenheim Grove, off Rye Lane (No Waiting & single yellows)

Bermondsey St

Southampton Way between 1-3pm bay outside Tesco's (Parking Mon-Sat 30 mins, no return in 2hrs 7-10am 1-7pm.
Goods vehicles loading only Mon-Sat 10am-1pm 40 mins )

Long Lane (A2198), top end near Borough tube station (drop off and pick up enforcement?)

Alpha Rd (behind Netto off Rye La)

Peckham Rye/East Dulwich Rd (No Left/No Right Turn) He hides in the park in a special bay opp Kinsale Rd off Peckham Rye

Hillsborough Rd (zig zags outside school)*

* 6/4/11 He spent about about 1hr there today from around 2:30pm although the school was on break. Most of the time he was videoing me! Not one potential offence. Not thanks to me, just no cars. Looked like a 5th Av manoeuvre, i.e. away from public shaming. He disappeared almost as soon as I went out of sight. A couple of locals told me he usually plots up there for a kip! :-D That would make good video.
« Last Edit: 06 April, 2011, 05:27:10 PM by Esinem »
WE ARE WATCHING YOU

Offline Esinem

• Follower
Re: Honeypots
« Reply #1 on: 21 February, 2011, 12:18:50 AM »
They seem to have abandoned Valmar Rd after my skirmishes. Maybe they are still smarting from having to refund/cancel 500 £120 PCNs?  :P

I have heard talk of them being in Bermondsey Street regularly but don't know the details. Spotted the car parked up one night by Iceland on Camberwell Rd but I think they were availing themselves of one of the many takeaways.
« Last Edit: 01 January, 1970, 01:00:00 AM by Guest »
Wastemonster City Council can      NoToMob are watching you!

Offline kiwi

• Follower
  • FCUKI'N AV IT
Re: Southwark Honeypots
« Reply #2 on: 27 February, 2011, 12:34:15 PM »
Top end of Long Lane (A2198) near Borough tube station ,There is new massive new building there with a new Tesco or sainsburys & Gym, seen all times of day and evening , looks like drop off and pick up enforcement .

Offline Esinem

• Follower
« Reply #3 on: 23 March, 2011, 05:59:38 PM »
I was heading back from the West End schunt but still felt like a bit of a schunt, so I decided to check out the heads-up I had re Southwark Park Rd.
I got about halfway down and bingo, a scamera car was coming the other way. Dropped a U-turn and followed him around through the surrounding streets with frequent stops. Luckily, each afforded legal parking. Eventually, he stopped and wound down his window to speak to me. I went over and he asked why I was following. Gave usual spiel about following car, not him. He confirmed he was only enforcing parking. Followed him to Blenhiem  Grove off Rye La, where there was a second car! Apparently, they enforce the single yellow (which has no time plates) and a well-signed stretch of No Loading at Any Time double yellows. There is a very dubious No Loading further away from Rye La with no kerb blips on a single yellow.  I wonder what the TMO says?  ::)
Local traders are well pissed off as they can't unload outside their premises and customers are getting stung. I feel NoToMob would be very welcome there. Linguists welcome as English does not seem to be a first language judging by my contacts.
It appears Apcoa only enforce parking using a single operator. Odd that WCC can't enforce parking with one op and need an expensive dual crew  ::)

Offline Esinem

• Follower
« Reply #4 on: 23 March, 2011, 06:00:25 PM »
Latest list is now at top of thread

Southwark Park Road and surrounding streets

Blenheim Grove, off Rye Lane (No Waiting & single yellows)

Bermondsey St

Southampton Way between 1-3pm bay outside Tesco's (Parking Mon-Sat 30 mins, no return in 2hrs 7-10am 1-7pm.

Goods vehicles loading only Mon-Sat 10am-1pm 40 mins )

Long Lane (A2198), top end near Borough tube station (drop off and pick up enforcement?)

Alpha Rd (behind Netto off Rye La)

Peckham Rye/East Dulwich Rd (No Left/No Right Turn) He hides in the park in a special bay opp Kinsale Rd off Peckham Rye

Hillsborough Rd (zig zags outside school)*

* 6/4/11 He spent about about 1hr there today from around 2:30pm although the school was on break. Most of the time he was videoing me! Not one potential offence. Not thanks to me, just no cars. Looked like a 5th Av manoeuvre, i.e. away from public shaming. He disappeared almost as soon as I went out of sight. A couple of locals told me he usually plots up there for a kip! :-D That would make good video.
« Last Edit: 06 April, 2011, 05:28:10 PM by Esinem »

Offline billie.skeggs

• Administrator
  • Follower
« Reply #5 on: 24 March, 2011, 09:04:44 AM »
Quote from: "Esinem"
I was heading back from the West End schunt but still felt like a bit of a schunt, so I decided to check out the heads-up I had re Southwark Park Rd.
I got about halfway down and bingo, a scamera car was coming the other way. Dropped a U-turn and followed him around through the surrounding streets with frequent stops. Luckily, each afforded legal parking. Eventually, he stopped and wound down his window to speak to me. I went over and he asked why I was following. Gave usual spiel about following car, not him. He confirmed he was only enforcing parking. Followed him to Blenhiem  Grove off Rye La, where there was a second car! Apparently, they enforce the single yellow (which has no time plates) and a well-signed stretch of No Loading at Any Time double yellows. There is a very dubious No Loading further away from Rye La with no kerb blips on a single yellow.  I wonder what the TMO says?  ::)
Local traders are well pissed off as they can't unload outside their premises and customers are getting stung. I feel NoToMob would be very welcome there. Linguists welcome as English does not seem to be a first language judging by my contacts.
It appears Apcoa only enforce parking using a single operator. Odd that WCC can't enforce parking with one op and need an expensive dual crew  ::)

If its a CPZ (controlled Parking Zone) it dosent need repeating time plates..

Offline Esinem

• Follower
« Reply #6 on: 24 March, 2011, 10:42:33 AM »
True. It had crossed my mind. Off to get the TMO. I'll ask while I am at it.

Just emailed:

Dear Sirs

Re: Blenheim Grove Traffic Management Order

I would be grateful if you would provide copies of the TMO’s relating to parking/waiting/loading and directional prohibitions for the above location, in relation to the latter access to/from rye Lane. Would you also confirm whether Blenheim Grove is in a CPZ and, if so, the operating times thereof?

Many thanks.

Bruce
« Last Edit: 24 March, 2011, 10:48:47 AM by Esinem »

Offline billie.skeggs

• Administrator
  • Follower
« Reply #7 on: 24 March, 2011, 11:00:23 AM »
although.. if you can get in to the CPZ without seeing a controlled zone sign...

well renders the zone invalid..
even if just one access road has no sign :P

Offline Esinem

• Follower
« Reply #8 on: 24 March, 2011, 09:45:20 PM »
Quite correct, sir! I though I'd ask before sign hunting.

Supporters of the NoToMob

In order to view this object you need Flash Player 9+ support!

Get Adobe Flash player