Author Topic: Possible MAG support for the NoToMob  (Read 13832 times)

Offline peperami gsxr

• Follower
  • bexley-notomob@live.co.uk
Re: Possible MAG support for the NoToMob
« Reply #30 on: 11 May, 2011, 06:00:05 PM »
I think it would be good for us to be able to spread the word. The more 2 wheeled interested party's on the streets the better.

As already said, a MAG take over is not on the cards. But a means to recruit no members cant be bad.
« Last Edit: 01 January, 1970, 01:00:00 AM by Guest »
Sworn to fun, loyalty to none

Offline Pat Pending

• Global Moderator
  • Follower
« Reply #31 on: 11 May, 2011, 08:12:32 PM »
Well it does not hurt to see what is on offer :idea:
And I must admit since my last input on this subject, I now think we need some new blood if we are to take on other boroughs and do it correctly. I would like WCC to be fully assisted all of the time as well as Scamden and Islington. To do this we need lots of $chunters not just the same ones trying to be every where at the same time. SO I am in favour of a meeting BE and I would approach it with an open mind.
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Beer in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up,  totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a  ride!!"

Offline Monkey Girl

• Follower
« Reply #32 on: 11 May, 2011, 08:50:55 PM »
Quote from: "Pat Pending"
Well it does not hurt to see what is on offer :idea:
And I must admit since my last input on this subject, I now think we need some new blood if we are to take on other boroughs and do it correctly. I would like WCC to be fully assisted all of the time as well as Scamden and Islington. To do this we need lots of $chunters not just the same ones trying to be every where at the same time. SO I am in favour of a meeting BE and I would approach it with an open mind.
I now agree with Pat ...since my last post  ;D

Offline DastardlyDick

• Follower
« Reply #33 on: 12 May, 2011, 07:50:05 AM »
To be honest, given the amount of support (or rather, lack of) MAG gave to the NTBPT campaign I wouldn't bother with them.
Dr Leon, on the other hand, seems to be prepared to actually do something, so I'd welcome any help he is willing to give.

Offline The Bald Eagle

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • THE lowest common denominator
« Reply #34 on: 12 May, 2011, 11:25:17 AM »
Quote from: "DastardlyDick"
To be honest, given the amount of support (or rather, lack of) MAG gave to the NTBPT campaign I wouldn't bother with them.

Yes, but we are not the NTBPT and as such, MAG are viewing us differently. As Pat says, there's no harm in listening and keeping an open mind. I will be phoning Leon later to invite him to come and talk to us.

In my opinion, if we get this right, and with MAG's help, we can expand NoToMob operations nationwide.
WE ARE WATCHING YOU

Offline peperami gsxr

• Follower
« Reply #35 on: 12 May, 2011, 03:35:45 PM »
This is a reply  from to Tim Cowen... And its this that makes me wonder about going nationwide.

to see what he is replying to see link...

http://notomob.co.uk/discussions/index.php/topic,847.msg7370/topicseen.html#msg7370

Dear Mr/Ms Peperami,

Thank you for your email.

I don’t propose to pass it on to our staff. It is clear that the actions of some people who claim to be supporters of your organisation do cause our staff some concern on some occasions, and there have been cases when our staff have reported that they felt harassed, alarmed or distressed by the actions of people following them.

You are of course perfectly entitled to your views, and perfectly entitled to express them, and how you do so is nothing to do with us in most situations. Equally, our staff are entitled to do their jobs without feeling alarmed, harassed or distressed.

Tim Cowen

Director of Communications

Offline The Bald Eagle

• Administrator
  • Follower
« Reply #36 on: 22 May, 2011, 10:13:59 AM »
Quote from: "peperami gsxr"
This is a reply  from to Tim Cowen... And its this that makes me wonder about going nationwide.

to see what he is replying to see link...

http://notomob.co.uk/discussions/index.php/topic,847.msg7370/topicseen.html#msg7370

Dear Mr/Ms Peperami,

Thank you for your email.

I don’t propose to pass it on to our staff. It is clear that the actions of some people who claim to be supporters of your organisation do cause our staff some concern on some occasions, and there have been cases when our staff have reported that they felt harassed, alarmed or distressed by the actions of people following them.

You are of course perfectly entitled to your views, and perfectly entitled to express them, and how you do so is nothing to do with us in most situations. Equally, our staff are entitled to do their jobs without feeling alarmed, harassed or distressed.

Tim Cowen

Director of Communications

Your concerns are noted Pep and must be raised at any meeting with MAG. On that point, I spoke to Leon Mannings yesterday (while waiting at O Street) to see what was happening with this and he told me that the suggestion of promoting the Mob to its (I believe) 40,000 members is receiving widespread support from its governing body. I will be speaking to him again early next week and will arrange for a meeting at Camley St one Saturday, so that everyone can air their views and discuss how best to take this forward, if we are satisfied it is right to do so.

I have certain concerns myself and will be writing them down in readiness for the meeting. May I respectfully suggest you do the same, particularly because it may turn out to be a Saturday when you can't attend. If you have written them down and send them to me, I will ensure they are addressed rather than there being a missed opportunity on the part of someone who can't attend.

I would stress that this is not a done deal. It is for the members to decide what to do and I will probably put a poll up once we have had the meeting and reported on it to all members. And with that in mind, I reckon we need a minutes secretary to record what is discussed and report on the important bits on the forum. Any volunteers please?
WE ARE WATCHING YOU

Offline dipstick

• Follower
« Reply #37 on: 23 May, 2011, 10:11:39 AM »
Tell them to do one.

Offline The Bald Eagle

• Administrator
  • Follower
« Reply #38 on: 23 May, 2011, 11:09:03 AM »
Quote from: "dipstick"
Tell them to do one.

Tell them? Ask them maybe. We can hardly tell MAG to do anything, particularly if we want to foster any kind of mutual respect. I don't have any demands going into this meeting, merely some concerns over how we keep an element of control over this campaign if it is rolled out nationwide.

If other members have demands then I'm sure they will be debated in a respectful manner. However, I can only speak for myself and do not expect any more than to have my own opinion considered.
WE ARE WATCHING YOU

Offline peperami gsxr

• Follower
« Reply #39 on: 23 May, 2011, 12:44:56 PM »
:idea:

What about a $CHUNTING road show, we co ordinate with local mag groups and they  gain intell, (honeypots) , then a few of us go to their area and show them the ropes. Or invite local groups to us, and it can spread slowly out from the areas that we already operate within.

Offline The Bald Eagle

• Administrator
  • Follower
« Reply #40 on: 23 May, 2011, 01:07:24 PM »
Quote from: "peperami gsxr"
:idea:

What about a $CHUNTING road show, we co ordinate with local mag groups and they  gain intell, (honeypots) , then a few of us go to their area and show them the ropes. Or invite local groups to us, and it can spread slowly out from the areas that we already operate within.

Bring it to the table mate and let's discuss it with MAG. I'm sure they have their own ideas too. Don't forget, they have been around a while and will undoubtedly bring some ideas of their own to the table.
WE ARE WATCHING YOU

Offline dipstick

• Follower
« Reply #41 on: 23 May, 2011, 02:49:10 PM »
Quote from: "The Bald Eagle"
Bring it to the table mate and let's discuss it with MAG. I'm sure they have their own ideas too. Don't forget, they have been around a while and will undoubtedly bring some ideas of their own to the table.

I bet they have their own ideas. They will annouce that it was their idea.
MAG are only interested because they want something, think of MAG as a parasite and you wont go wrong.

Offline Pat Pending

• Global Moderator
  • Follower
« Reply #42 on: 23 May, 2011, 08:55:38 PM »
We will see what they have to say I think, I personally am guarded but as I said before I will approach it with an open mind and weigh up the pros and cons.
We have no previous axe to grind with them and this has the potential to give us a much needed boost, Keep an open mind please people. :idea:
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Beer in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up,  totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a  ride!!"

Offline Pat Pending

• Global Moderator
  • Follower
« Reply #43 on: 29 August, 2011, 04:51:26 PM »
Are any of the NoToMob planning to be involved with this demo as NoToMob members with $chunters Hi-Viz .
Or are you joining in as bikers?

The reason I ask is if there are a few of us interested we could meet up and ride in together. :idea:

Offline rs2k

• Follower
« Reply #44 on: 29 August, 2011, 05:01:19 PM »
Are any of the NoToMob planning to be involved with this demo as NoToMob members with $chunters Hi-Viz .
Or are you joining in as bikers?

The reason I ask is if there are a few of us interested we could meet up and ride in together. :idea:

What demo Pat :s lol, thought this one was about mag/notomob helping each other out :p

Supporters of the NoToMob

In order to view this object you need Flash Player 9+ support!

Get Adobe Flash player