Author Topic: Medway $chunt Report 30/03/11  (Read 3953 times)

Offline Monkey Girl

• Follower
Medway $chunt Report 30/03/11
« on: 31 March, 2011, 10:52:49 PM »
Hi guys  ;D

I was waiting for Spica to turn up at ten at my place, because he was bringing with him, some super dooper waterproof signs boards for us, !!,, Whoooo ...."BE" no more sticky tape or printing... :dancing: anyway I'm a bit sharp with my time keeping as the hands struck ten, I started my engine ;D as was of to the pen, round the first bend and met Spica, round the second and met Blinky, we now all of to the pen. I needed fuel and as I was filling a nice couple on a M/Bike stop to chat and tell me they only just heard of us "in the local post office!" I gave them my number and cards, and kindly explained we had the press to meet so had to fly, they will be joining us for a schunt soon :aplude: :dancing:.
Tomstr arrives  :dancing: :aplude:
The journo arrives and we take a few pics & explain about Wootton Bassett, they will run that next week ;D (there's a pic below) I rang Headlong, and he tweeted for us today :aplude:, so thanks HL.
Meanwhile one $car comes out and we decided to assist with 3 Bikes today, Blinky followed the other $car to Wainscott shop (HS) and then checked in with us as Blinky has a busy day ahead and peeled off shortly.
We assisted the $car until lunch @1.30, and help the public to park safely and see the $car ;D

They act and drive completely differant when were not assisting them, which is actually going to make things worse for them. :-ev-: :idea:

Lunch time we all decided tea and toast was needed, so we head off to a schunter's pad, after serving that up,  :o Tomstr starts choking on his toast and tea!!! :o W:T:F:, all of sudden Big Spica gets up and slaps Tomstr on the back so hard!, I thought Tomster was going to out/ head first through the window :pmsl: :pmsl: Anyway Tomstr survives this shock attack  :pmsl: and we all started laughing ! (of course thats after we realized Tomster could actually breath still :pmsl:)

On to the evening Shift 6.30 at the pen , We have notevenalondenrider (a very nice guy) join us for his second $chunt (i believe thats correct) after a quick briefing were off at 7.00 with the $car, only then realized I was on reserve and need to fuel up,, did that and it wasn't long before I met up with the guys, went on tour to Rainham and Twydall tonight.. eventually at a set of lights I lose Spica & NEALR, I stayed with the $car, when it stops I ring Spica who joins me ,, but wheres NEALR? :o Spica says he waved at him to go on.... oh ...so we thought  NEALR had peeled off to go home,, but he hadn't he did look for us  8) and I know his hands free was playing up Little.
A little later in the evening we ended up at Hemstead Way, I  think the car was playing games as he kept driving in to T junctions and then back out again until he found another,  no yellows and nothing to enforce ,,, then why were they there? .....Still the $car did find the steepest hill in Medway, (clever Spica stayed at the bottom) , I followed the $car, whoops!! As I put my foot down trying to turn the bike around the road disappeared from under my feet, and there was only air there :o   :pmsl: :pmsl: where did the road go?  ;D, it was so steep that when the bike hit the ground the bike was slowly sliding down the hill, with me in tow doing an action man roll :pmsl:.... Spica didn't see this and goes off with the car....Spica first words after returns to find me.. was gutted he had missed it and didn't get it on film) W:T:F: :pmsl:...
Two guys at near by house (bikers) :aplude: :aplude: helped me, and Spica returns later on again back  to that spot finds my lost head com set,,, which is now broken... also damaged my shoulder again! but it will be fine in a few weeks, put the bike in the garage this morning, all repaired for another days $chunt  ;D  :aplude: :pmsl: Whoooo :dancing:

Thank you to.... Blinky, Tomster, Notevenalondonrider & Spica  :aplude: :aplude: :dancing: :dancing:

MG ;D
« Last Edit: 31 March, 2011, 11:08:34 PM by Monkey Girl »

Offline Boyo

• Global Moderator
  • Follower
Re: Medway $chunt Report 30/03/11
« Reply #1 on: 31 March, 2011, 11:01:10 PM »
Well done all! :aplude: :aplude:
Hope your shoulder's ok MG and doesn't give you too much grief. Glad the bike wasn't damaged :o
« Last Edit: 01 January, 1970, 01:00:00 AM by Guest »
"To no man will we sell, or deny, or delay right or justice" - from the Magna Carta

Offline Monkey Girl

• Follower
« Reply #2 on: 31 March, 2011, 11:02:47 PM »
Erm yes.... it was damaged (Cough) £200 in repairs and had some bits that need doing while I was there :pmsl: Mwha nothing will stop me :-ev-: :-ev-: :dancing:

Then got told to come back soon as another £100 was needed to be spent on her..o dear  ;D
« Last Edit: 31 March, 2011, 11:06:12 PM by Monkey Girl »

Offline Pat Pending

• Global Moderator
  • Follower
« Reply #3 on: 31 March, 2011, 11:13:02 PM »
Its no good MG you are going to have to put on loads of weight to keep that bike on the ground.  As it happens  I have a lot of experience in that department just say the word and I can tell you how to do it.   :dancing:
Hope it's not too sore though shoulders are a real bugger to heal once you give them a good hard knock.
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Beer in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up,  totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a  ride!!"

Offline NotEvenALondonRider

• Follower
« Reply #4 on: 31 March, 2011, 11:28:30 PM »
Sorry I wasn't around to help on that MG - Had a bit of a slidy moment on the turn off the top road so waved Spica past and he was a bit more confident than me heading down there. Got to Livingstone Circus and no-one visible anywhere. Hazarded they might be back up Canterbury Street, but no sign, so down towards the Strand.
Couldn't get a clear call to try to catch up with you, but as it was 8.10 it was almost hometime for me anyway.

Looking into headsets to hopefully be better on comms next time, got some lurid coloured card I plan to print some camera signs, etc onto to make easily seen signs. Might try to rig holders on the screen and topbox as well as a hand held?

I've a garage full of bits, so always worth checking if I have any useful spares if any mishaps. As the bike shows I'm a good bodge engineer - it's not always pretty but it's usually solid and effective! And if any Medway area $Chunters need to do their chain at some point I have a high quality chain breaker and riveter that can be shared.

Hope the shoulder settles well - I remember how long I was off the bike with my ribs a couple of years ago, drove me crazy!
"A nation of sheep breeds only a government of wolves".

Offline Monkey Girl

• Follower
« Reply #5 on: 31 March, 2011, 11:34:29 PM »
ha shoulder will be fine its only when I laydown in bed and then try and move, it really hurts,, but im hyperactive anyway so as long as I keep $CHUNTING and riding ..it should be fine :pmsl:  :dancing:
« Last Edit: 01 April, 2011, 12:02:54 AM by Monkey Girl »

Offline Monkey Girl

• Follower
« Reply #6 on: 01 April, 2011, 12:06:46 AM »
:pmsl:
Quote from: "NotEvenALondonRider"
Sorry I wasn't around to help on that MG - Had a bit of a slidy moment on the turn off the top road so waved Spica past and he was a bit more confident than me heading down there. Got to Livingstone Circus and no-one visible anywhere. Hazarded they might be back up Canterbury Street, but no sign, so down towards the Strand.
Couldn't get a clear call to try to catch up with you, but as it was 8.10 it was almost hometime for me anyway.

Looking into headsets to hopefully be better on comms next time, got some lurid coloured card I plan to print some camera signs, etc onto to make easily seen signs. Might try to rig holders on the screen and topbox as well as a hand held?

I've a garage full of bits, so always worth checking if I have any useful spares if any mishaps. As the bike shows I'm a good bodge engineer - it's not always pretty but it's usually solid and effective! And if any Medway area $Chunters need to do their chain at some point I have a high quality chain breaker and riveter that can be shared.

Hope the shoulder settles well - I remember how long I was off the bike with my ribs a couple of years ago, drove me crazy!
Thanks, NEALR I dont supose you have a righ spare mirror that I can glue on for now?  :schucks: :rotfl:(no more nails should do it)

Offline jonesy

• Global Moderator
  • Follower
« Reply #7 on: 01 April, 2011, 12:42:18 AM »
Monkey girl you are a star * nothing seems to phase you, hope the shoulder gets better soon and for shear guts and determination i nominate you as this weeks winner of the $hunter of the week award (thats if we had such a thing) :idea:

Offline spica

• Follower
  • yeah baby yeah
« Reply #8 on: 01 April, 2011, 01:08:24 AM »
i thought tom tom was toast eating the toast W:T:F: :pmsl:  and im not that big my outfit is just a bit on the large size so i have room to move more affectively. :dancing: :-ev-:

NEALR you were right to head for Canterbury Street as thats where i was and mg and the car turned up. it was green st just off canterbury st up from bliss... its a hot spot for them.  oh and rain tyres are the pups in that weather.  :dancing:

if only mg had know about your chain breaker sooner that would have saved her a small fortune :o
i dont know why i get a little worried when the $cars start heading my way as theres nothing to enforce here but i do and this day my spidey senses were tingling overtime. so as we pull in deanwood drive im theres nothing here to look at apart from the woods or school but thats closed. hmm turn left on to lonsdale drive. whats going on, maybe they are bored and just want to go for a drive.. then its right in to der mare cl which is a dead end driver does a txt book 7 point turn.lol comes out and does it all again in the next road. now i know these roads and im thinking  W:T:F:  is going on here. he then turns in to ploughmans way. and this road has no through road signs up on all the off shoot roads of the same name. he drives up the steepest one and im saying dont go to mg but shes off like a rat up a drain pipe.lol  so im waiting at the bottom car comes down after some big manuvers gets to the bottom and indicates right but turns left, nice. no mg but she maybe turning still. so im with the car but its not feeling right so i peal off at deanwood drive and go looking for mg. all the roads are looking the same on the right so i had to try them all. :schucks:
3rd road in there she is lit up like a christmas tree in hi viz and waving a torch/phone. lol she just gone and dumped her pride n joy on the ground.. done an actionman roll and i missed it and no one filmed it gutted. ::) ))  she was shaken a bit but ok. :dancing:  she got her self together and off home. led her to hoath way so she new where she was. i was happy that she was ok and a promise of a txt to let me know she was home ok.
20 mins later i get a call............. help lost my lead........ so off i go to that nasty road ggrrrr. im in my non $chunter gear but same bike as i only have one.. park at the bottom of said hill and start to walk up with a small torch in hand and this guy comes running over and starts pointing to a big yellow road sweaper and asks if ive come about that?
me, umm no why would you think that?
him, because you was here earlier and i reconised the sound of the bike.
me, mmm im on a rescue mission that i chose to exept.
him, well is it aloud to be here?
me, cant see why not unless it comes under the same rules as an artic!! go have a looksee on the net for it.
so off he trots all happy.
at this point i found the lead right where mg had parked her bike and was talking to the bikey chaps.
but it got me thinking about why the $car had been there. maybe he was looking for the sweaper because someone had complained about it starting early in the morning (talky guy had said it started about 0500).
If you don't stand for something you will fall for anything

$chunting is like fox hunting but with a better Outcome

Offline peperami gsxr

• Follower
  • bexley-notomob@live.co.uk
« Reply #9 on: 01 April, 2011, 07:53:28 AM »
Welldone Medway schunters  :dancing:

MG, take it easy, you've got a long old ride ahead this weekend  :aplude:

Must be something about medway and feeling there is no need to use a sidestand when parking.  :rotfl:
Sworn to fun, loyalty to none

Offline NotEvenALondonRider

• Follower
« Reply #10 on: 01 April, 2011, 07:04:59 PM »
Read mirror request about 6.10, already made an ugly lashup mirror and mount for collection later.  :aplude:

Hopefully that'll see MG and co safely through their weekend riding.
"A nation of sheep breeds only a government of wolves".

Offline kiwi

• Follower
  • FCUKI'N AV IT
« Reply #11 on: 01 April, 2011, 07:22:29 PM »
What a team you guys and girls make !!       :aplude: :aplude: :aplude:

Offline Monkey Girl

• Follower
« Reply #12 on: 01 April, 2011, 07:41:06 PM »
Quote from: "NotEvenALondonRider"
Read mirror request about 6.10, already made an ugly lashup mirror and mount for collection later.  :aplude:

Hopefully that'll see MG and co safely through their weekend riding.
Thanks so much  :-*  see you at 9  ;D

Offline BAILIFFCHASER

• Follower
« Reply #13 on: 03 April, 2011, 09:50:57 PM »
Monkey girl you need to drink warm milk with a spoon of turmeric in it. Will sort any probs out soon though.