Council Specific & Schunt Reports > Schunt Reports

Southwark $chunt: 6/4/11

(1/3) > >>

Esinem:
FPW & I started out around 11:30. I found one quite quickly on Southampton Way doing the Tesco's bay. Saved a few drivers, only about 3, I think. Ironically, drivers could park legally on the main road as the markings haven't been painted yet ;-) After a while FPW joined me and we assisted for a while till he drove off. After a roundabout route, he ended up in the car park at Cerise Rd (day time Pig Pen), where one other was already there. About 30m later the black one showed up. We thought we had them all! But some while later an older red one showed up! They stayed till around 2:30 when the silver one came out to play. After a bit of a tour, he parked up outside Alleyn Jnr School, although it was closed and stayed for an hour or so. I got bored and decided to wait out of site as I was sure he was only waiting there till I went. Sure enough, he left soon after I went out of sight. I thought he'd have to pass me but there was another way out :-( Lost him. Toured a few of the usual suspects but NFG. FPW had one on Peckham Rye opp Kinsale Rd, hiding in a special bay IN THE PARK, last I heard but I called it a day around 4ish.

FPW had a chat with several coppers during the course of his stint. Usual result, smiles and cheery waves all round and steam coming out the $camera crews ears  :rotfl:

I believe a few $chunters, inc Bennage, came over from Westminster to join the fun. I look forward to their tales.

jonesy:
Me and benage did come over the water to pop our Southwark cherry :o and no soon as we arrived lo and behold a scar waiting at the junction :pmsl: quite bizarrely the driver wanted to have a chat, W:T:F:he was a cheery chappie and told us he was going to Crystal palace, now this is where the fun began :bashy:as he then went into lets try everything in the book to loose the following assister's as we all know $hunters have learnt all their tricks and we stuck to him like glue :aplude: although there was one close call as he did a u turn and I nearly had the front of bike bike taken off by a transit  :o:o anyway he seemed to be going all over the borough and pulling up outside schools, but as it was now around 4 oc;ock they were all closed very strange W:T:F: we then stopped on a private toll road and had a another chat he was still very friendly but as English was not his first language he was difficult to understand, but one thing is for sure he has been brain washed in believing that anyone parked illegally deserves a ticket as the signs will say so. One puzzling thing was when he said that he can only issue a ticket if the portable CCTV camera sign they carry in their scar is displayed, and if I understood him correctly they see a car commotting an offence put the sign out and then issue the ticket, if that is the case then surely thats not cricket, anyway we enjoyed our little trip to pastures new and as time was getting on for the WESC we said our good byes leaving thinking we will be back tommorrow lol  :pmsl: :pmsl:

Esinem:
They do seem to be quite good about putting out their signs and it gives you time to get back on the bike when you see them take them back down again.

Monkey Girl:
:aplude: :aplude: :aplude: :aplude: good work guys  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Esinem:

A nice day in the park for the $CAMera operator. Now don't go spoiling it  :-ev-:

PS If you can't resist it: Peckham Rye opp Kinsale Rd  :rotfl:
PPS I'm assuming that's a dropped kerb and he isn't mounting the pavement to get there? Don't suppose anyone wants to check, do they?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version