Author Topic: Medway $chunt Report 06/04/2011  (Read 2792 times)

Offline Monkey Girl

• Follower
Medway $chunt Report 06/04/2011
« on: 07 April, 2011, 09:09:54 AM »
Hi guys  ;D                     Short report

Met Headlong, Tomster, and two new $chunter's today, Biker550 and K at the pen 10.30 (2 new $chunter's join us today) after a long briefing ;D, Tomstr & myself set of to assist one $car, and 5 Min's later headlong took the new $chunter's with him, I later rang to check in on Headlong, he tells me they are touring Gillingham and other areas I believe, (Headlong can tell you more). Our car spent the day in Chatham and only seem issue a few tickets today and we have a video of a member of public questioning the use of a hand held device? interesting! Why are they using hand held when they are  in a CCTV mobile car???? , is that not just a very expensive taxi roaming the streets of the Medway towns for 15 hours a day, with a CEO on board!!! >:(  W:T:F:..........  Meanwhile we have a new driver today and we haven't seen the dangerous driver for the past two weeks , wonder where he has gone?  and more importantly why?.... I will be speaking to my friend, Charlie@ MC Dock Road about all of the above  ;D and will post the result! here soon...
I will be posting a Medway video up soon today as well.
AS EXPECTED THE TWO BRAND NEW $CARS TURN UP AT THE PEN TODAY amazing how they can afford these with all the cuts in services and job losses!
All the $chunter's joined back at the pen 2.30ish with a good laugh and chat, Biker 550 and K saying they really enjoyed thereselves and will be returning very soon,  :-ev-: :aplude:. Today's shift went very smoothly, as we had the driver who is very safe, so no drama there  ;D and we did our best in assisting it,  ;D
Ended up on the night shift with Spica  ;D and we shared our bag of flying saucer's Mmmmm yum!. The $car driver had a little chat with a confused member of the public, and I have had 3 people telling me today that over the last few weeks they were given pcns on there cars and bikes but have not heard another thing about them, including my neighbour, strange? and a waste of public money, time and petrol, etc,  The evening shift went very quickly tonight  and we were back at the pen by 9.30,  almost sad it was over :pmsl:

Thanks to Tomstr, Spica, Headlong, Biker550, and K,  :aplude: :aplude: :aplude:  :aplude:

MEDWAY COUNCIL WE ARE WATCHING YOU!
« Last Edit: 07 April, 2011, 09:22:13 AM by Monkey Girl »

Offline HeadlongCabbie

• Follower
Re: Medway $chunt Report 06/04/2011
« Reply #1 on: 07 April, 2011, 09:48:54 AM »
The second $car came out within about 5 minutes of the first and away we went for a tour of all the usual Gillingham and Twydall spots.

Within about 400 yards of the pen they have their first victim. Although more than 5 minutes for the operator to get out of the $car to issue a PCN seems like an age when it's double yellows all around. (The car did deserve it though being parked all four wheels on the pavement. Anyone wanting to get past would have had to step into the road to get around it.)

Interesting riding with K550 as a virgin $chunter.  I stuck with the $car but being 2 up K550 got left behind at t a couple of junctions but managed to catch up eventually. And then after saving a van from a PCN and being told that K550 kept stalling, I kept stalling and couldn't find neutral without doing my own version of Riverdance on my gear lever.

Anyway, a grand day to $chunt, managing to save several drivers from PCNs, although the time it takes for the CEO to get out of the $car to issue the PCN seems to add to our ability to make the public aware of the $car's presence.

And after all that I managed to get home in enough time to give the bike an oil change and to check the rear brake shoes. 

I love these longer hours of daylight.
« Last Edit: 01 January, 1970, 01:00:00 AM by Guest »

Offline peperami gsxr

• Follower
  • bexley-notomob@live.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: 07 April, 2011, 04:36:42 PM »
Well done guys an gals  :aplude: Good to have summer here at last  :dancing:

So when do they plan to  have the new $cars operational  :-ev-:
Sworn to fun, loyalty to none

Offline Marmite

• Follower
« Reply #3 on: 07 April, 2011, 05:50:56 PM »
Hi, not sure how to use this site yet but if this works, it was a good day and very nice to assist and help out the public and the council for a few hours.  As for stalling the bike... errr can i deny it.....doubt it too many camera's about....lol.  We hope to come again very soon.

Offline Monkey Girl

• Follower
« Reply #4 on: 07 April, 2011, 06:46:37 PM »
hi guys,  sorry I cannot post the video online of the member of public in Chatham High St, voicing his opinion over the $cars, he was asking the driver why they are using hand held devices in one car and why this $car was giving his mate a ticket, using CCTV , yet the other car cant, he was very confused by this, as most of the public will be ....as you can hear.

But if you would like to see it (regulars $chunter's  send me a  pm)  :-ev-:,

Offline Monkey Girl

• Follower
« Reply #5 on: 08 April, 2011, 09:53:10 AM »
Hi mike see my pm  ;D

Offline KBD

• Follower
« Reply #6 on: 08 April, 2011, 09:54:02 AM »
http://www.kentonline.co.uk/medway_messenger/news/2010/april/16/cctv_smart_car_sparks_big_brot.aspx

Police and council officials have been accused of playing Big Brother after a photographer took pictures of the council’s controversial Smart car CCTV parking patrol.

The next day, police were knocking on the front door of freelance photographer Mike Gunnill to warn him about his “dangerous” driving.

Mr Gunnill was on an assignment for a Sunday newspaper, which wanted to follow up the Medway Messenger’s story last week revealing the council’s parking team had won a national award for customer service.

The council collects £1 million in parking penalties in a year, much of it from the two

CCTV Smart cars.

Mr Gunnill spent last Thursday tracking the cars from their Strood base and taking photographs until they were recalled by the council.

The following evening he was visited at his Upchurch home by two police officers.