Author Topic: CCTV $cars are NOT allowed to park illegally.........FACT!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 14640 times)

Offline BailiffHunter

• Follower
    • http://bailiffhunter.blogspot.com/
http://www.manchester.gov.uk/egov_downloads/200910_Parking_Report_to_the_Joint_Committee.pdf

"One of the principle difficulties is that the driver of the CCTV vehicle parks is
for anything up to five minutes while the operator points the camera at the
offending vehicle. Appellants have questioned why the council CCTV car can
park for five minutes on a double yellow line while they are having penalties
imposed on them for the same practice. Adjudicators have noticed that in
some of the correspondence the council has claimed that the TMA provides
an exemption from parking restrictions for a CCTV vehicle. This is not the
case - there are NO provisions in the TMA or any of its regulations that create
exemptions to parking restrictions in TROs for vehicles engaged in camera
enforcement.
"

:pmsl: :pmsl: :pmsl: :pmsl: :pmsl: :pmsl: :pmsl: :pmsl: :pmsl:

So let us cast our minds back to a recent Medway statement on this matter.............

But, following heavy criticism from some residents expressed in the press, the council was anxious to remind people that its CCTV cars can park on double yellow lines while "carrying out its statutory duty if there is no other place to park when doing this".

Yourmedway ran a series of pictures last year showing the CCTV car parked on double yellow lines when there appeared to be alternative places to park.

The council spokesman Mr Staples said: "The law allows for this and the car is exempt from parking restrictions under these circumstances." Really???.....Really??? :schucks: I think Mr Staples and many other half wit Council folk may be in for a bit of a surprise some time soon!!!! :-ev-:

:-ev-: :-ev-: :-ev-: :-ev-: :-ev-: :-ev-: :-ev-: :-ev-: :-ev-: :-ev-: :-ev-: :-ev-: :-ev-: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :pmsl: :pmsl: :pmsl: :pmsl: :pmsl: :pmsl: :pmsl: :pmsl: :pmsl: :pmsl:
« Last Edit: 21 April, 2011, 06:45:23 PM by BailiffHunter »
\"When the facts change, I change my mind\"

Offline chalky

• Follower
Re: CCTV $cars are NOT allowed to park illegally.........FACT!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: 21 April, 2011, 08:14:13 PM »
I love this!!! I can see the barstewards running around the corridors of council offices up and down the country looking for their spin masters now.
 :pmsl: :pmsl: :pmsl:
« Last Edit: 01 January, 1970, 01:00:00 AM by Guest »

Offline BailiffHunter

• Follower
« Reply #2 on: 21 April, 2011, 08:17:16 PM »
:-ev-: :-ev-: :-ev-:  Remember what Islington said under FOI?????

"Please note that under the terms of the Road Traffic Act enforcement
vehicles may park in contravention in the course of performing enforcement
activities/duties regardless of the borough they are enforcing."

Oh dear oh dear...........................

Offline BailiffHunter

• Follower
« Reply #3 on: 21 April, 2011, 08:23:20 PM »
Just to help those that don`t wish to read the entire document......page 23/24 is where this comment is made. :-ev-: :-ev-:

Offline NotEvenALondonRider

• Follower
« Reply #4 on: 21 April, 2011, 09:26:17 PM »
You should have seen MG's face light up when she got that call!   Not at that point from fixed electrics, but they are now...

:dancing: :dancing: :dancing: sums it up!
"A nation of sheep breeds only a government of wolves".

Offline Monkey Girl

• Follower
« Reply #5 on: 21 April, 2011, 09:30:45 PM »
[move:2m4oce6c]Whooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo  :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P

:pmsl: :pmsl: :pmsl: :pmsl: :pmsl: :pmsl: :pmsl: :pmsl: :pmsl: :pmsl: :pmsl: :pmsl: :pmsl: :pmsl: :pmsl: :pmsl: :pmsl: :pmsl: :pmsl:
 :-ev-: :-ev-: :-ev-: :-ev-: :-ev-: :-ev-: :-ev-: :-ev-: :-ev-: :-ev-: :-ev-: :-ev-: :-ev-: :-ev-: :-ev-: :-ev-: :-ev-: :-ev-: :-ev-: :-ev-: :-ev-:
 :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing:[/move:2m4oce6c]

Well done BH   :aplude: :aplude:........ :'( :'( :'( my tears of laughter and joy!!!  ;D
« Last Edit: 21 April, 2011, 10:07:38 PM by Monkey Girl »

Offline Esinem

• Follower
« Reply #6 on: 21 April, 2011, 10:09:43 PM »
Just mailed Lee Rowley and Tim Cowen with the good news

You might want to read page 24 of the Parking Adjudicator’s Report before replying to the question regarding MEV parking dispensations. Tim Cowen at NSL seems blissfully unaware of this, so I have copied him. Specifically, it says:

“Adjudicators have noticed that in some of the correspondence the council has claimed that the TMA provides an exemption from parking restrictions for a CCTV vehicle. This is not the case - there are no provisions in the TMA or any of its regulations that create exemptions to parking restrictions in TROs for vehicles engaged in camera enforcement.

Source: http://www.manchester.gov.uk/egov_downloads/200910_Parking_Report_to_the_Joint_Committee.pdf

Please state upon what legislation WCC and NSL rely when alleging that the MEV’s benefit from “exemptions to parking restrictions”. May I assume that in the absence of such legal backing, you would ensure that they park according to the same regulations to which the public must adhere?
« Last Edit: 21 April, 2011, 10:13:34 PM by Esinem »
Wastemonster City Council can      NoToMob are watching you!

Offline Monkey Girl

• Follower
« Reply #7 on: 21 April, 2011, 10:13:54 PM »
@ Esinem,
Wouldnt you just love to be a fly on the wall in their office tomro at 9.00am when they pressed on the button to open their emails?
well a fly with a camera  :pmsl: :-ev-:

Offline Slimboy

• Follower
« Reply #8 on: 21 April, 2011, 10:15:18 PM »
Lets see the panic now!!!!!  :pmsl: :pmsl: :pmsl: :pmsl: :pmsl: :pmsl: :pmsl: :pmsl:

Good Man BH!!!!! See all that free time does pay off!!!!! :schucks: :schucks:

Offline Staps

• Follower
« Reply #9 on: 21 April, 2011, 10:23:03 PM »
[font=arial:3ay214ad]Cameras and enforcement policy[/font:3ay214ad] [align=left:3ay214ad][font=arial:3ay214ad]The Department for Transport' s Operational Guidance to Local
Authorities: Parking Policy and Enforcement
recognises that camera[/font:3ay214ad]
[/align:3ay214ad] [align=left:3ay214ad][font=arial:3ay214ad]enforcement is different from enforcement by civil enforcement officers on[/font:3ay214ad][/align:3ay214ad] [align=left:3ay214ad][font=arial:3ay214ad]foot. Paragraph 8.78 states that:[/font:3ay214ad][/align:3ay214ad] [align=left:3ay214ad][/align:3ay214ad] [align=left:3ay214ad][font=arial:3ay214ad]"Motorists may regard enforcement by cameras as over-zealous and[/font:3ay214ad][/align:3ay214ad][font=arial:3ay214ad]authorities should use them sparingly. 
Sparingly ---
what the F*^K are WCC doing with eleven of them[/font:3ay214ad]

Offline Staps

• Follower
« Reply #10 on: 21 April, 2011, 10:26:24 PM »
What is the process we need to go through to get the $camera cars Nicked,

Offline Boyo

• Global Moderator
  • Follower
« Reply #11 on: 21 April, 2011, 11:47:09 PM »
Quote from: "Staps"
[align=left:pi5frq6t][font=arial:pi5frq6t] --- what the F*^K are WCC doing with eleven of them
[/l][/l]

They may have 12 now mate - whilst at the pigpen yesterday I saw a brand new "11" plate iQ, with ANPR fitted, completely unmarked/liveried. W:T:F: :o

Sterling work BH - fantastic mate :aplude: :aplude: and well done Esinem for firing off that speedy email :aplude: . I await the response with baited breath.
Slowly, but surely, we're nailing the bastards down - it's like nailing jelly to the ceiling but with NW's patas result yesterday and BH finding this today, things must be getting more than a little bit sweaty in Parking Towers :-ev-: :rotfl:[/align:pi5frq6t]
[align=left:pi5frq6t]It couldn't happen to nicer folk :rotfl:[/align:pi5frq6t]
"To no man will we sell, or deny, or delay right or justice" - from the Magna Carta

Offline jonesy

• Global Moderator
  • Follower
« Reply #12 on: 22 April, 2011, 12:05:17 AM »
Absolutely love it, and although the weeks is not over this weeks award must go to BH well done mate  :aplude: :aplude: :aplude: :aplude:

Offline Tom Tom Str

• Follower
« Reply #13 on: 22 April, 2011, 01:22:37 AM »
    :dancing: Check Mate !!   :dancing:   Well done indeed BH !   :rotfl:

Offline BailiffHunter

• Follower
« Reply #14 on: 22 April, 2011, 10:30:21 AM »
Let`s wait and see the bull sh1t that they all try to come out with now. Remember the simple law here...... The Councils may say they grant parking dispensation (They would wouldn`t they) BUT "There are NO provisions in the TMA or any of its regulations that create exemptions to parking restrictions in TROs for vehicles engaged in camera enforcement."

So when they all squeal that "We allow the $cars to park" it`s not true as they are governed by the TMA 2004 Act, the same as we all are.....the same Act they use to prosecute under! There is only one Act....TMA and they can`t change it. :-ev-: :-ev-:

This from WCC website.....

3. Will the Smart Cars have to be parked legally?

"The vehicles have Parking Identifier Boards which exempt parking on paid for parking places, resident bays, and single and double yellow lines. They may not park anywhere else and only obtain the exemption by means of carrying out a statutory function. The drivers have been properly trained and will park with the utmost care and attention to road safety and the highway code."

Remember folks............No provision to allow this!!!!! :-ev-: :pmsl: :pmsl: :pmsl: :pmsl:
« Last Edit: 22 April, 2011, 10:43:36 AM by BailiffHunter »

Supporters of the NoToMob

In order to view this object you need Flash Player 9+ support!

Get Adobe Flash player