Author Topic: Medway $chunt Report 21/04/11  (Read 2098 times)

Offline Monkey Girl

• Follower
Medway $chunt Report 21/04/11
« on: 21 April, 2011, 10:18:56 PM »
Hi guys,  ;D
Just to advise you, things are going to get even busier in the background, so if its OK with you all I will be posting one report for the whole weeks schunts on a Sunday evening, if anyone else wants to put one up thats cool  ;D

Tuesday $chunting,
A long wait at the pen, as there was yet another new driver showed up today (makes you wonder where the other's have all gone and why?) anyway after a long wait we go out with the new trainee driver and he gets taken to all the usual hot spots and show the ropes whilst being assisted by notomob  ;D we were only out for a couple of hours, lots children out waving at us and lots of tooting today from the public :aplude: (yes our masks were on, the kids thought they were great ;D we arrived back at the pen, and I had to dash off, much to the disappointment of Marmite & DD, Tomster also had to leave, so that was the end of the $chunt.
Thursday 10 hour $chunt
Well me an Spica decided to have an early start, 8.30 met at the garage.......all fuelled up, and off to the pen theres only 3 $cars in the pen so we went rideabout, checked all there honeypots with no luck,, Mmmm they were hiding some where!! :bashy: About 9.30 we venture back to the pen, where numerous people are now stopping to ask us to help with there PCNs, I directed them to ticket fighter for now :-ev-: .Whilst we were riding & hunting Gillingham, 3 flies lost control and try to take out my eye!!  :rotfl: ...and then it  happen to Spica too!   :rotfl:......we have waited so long for it to become warm, .....off with the jacket liners and winter gloves and boots...NA..id rather it be cold again :bashy:, It was very hot  for all of us today and so was my bike, (& summers not even here yet :o ;D)....and there isn't a lot of shade at the pen :bashy:.....still DD & Marmite turned up at 11am and so did Blinky and SKuzzballl to say a quick hello.........we had a small briefing and a laugh....jackets on ....jackets off :pmsl: W:T:F:] DD kept an eye on the pen and it wasn't long before the shout came and shes running towards the bike :rotfl: :dancing: I think there well and truly hooked now...
We assisted as best we could, unfortunately they did  catch out a number of people today, parked on double yellows, whilst being parked on them as well!!.....they are NOT checking for disabled badges...which is outrageous as it makes  unnecessary work for parking services and  more so, the publics, own time and money figthing the offence. :bashy:
We headed back to the pen for 1.30 and then dashed off to have a cuppa, and also pour a bottle cold water over my head! ;D it was very refreshing :P....I knew it would be only 20 Min's before the $cars came out again..so we gulped down our tea and dashed back to the pen, as soon as we go to the mini roundabout by the pen, there was the $car....ah perfect timing! :pmsl:
We then went to the beach  8)  ;D :pmsl: ....yes all the way out to ALLHALLOWS for 1 bus stop!!  I did think we were going to stop for fish and chips as that would have been most welcome :rotfl:
We stayed in Allhallows riding round and round for the bustop, then went went all the way to GRAIN..and then back to Allhallows....it was nice and cool and the heat was fading fast...a relief. all round I think 8) we headed back to town at 5.00 and all of us peeled off... I got home at 5.50,, just in time for NEALR who kindly turned up to help sort out my bike :aplude: ;D  ...after 3 hours, its all done and the reg rec can now go back to shop as its faulty  :aplude: thank you so much NEALR
   :aplude:
Poor DD, 6+ hours of pillion riding ...my hats to off you, I know how much that hurts  8)

Thank you to Ballif hunter, with the wonderful news,,, im dancing inside  :dancing:

Well done to Spica :aplude:, Tomster :aplude:, DD :aplude: & Marmite :aplude:
« Last Edit: 21 April, 2011, 11:31:23 PM by Monkey Girl »

Offline Monkey Girl

• Follower
Re: Medway $chunt Report 21/04/11
« Reply #1 on: 22 April, 2011, 07:44:36 AM »
More pics from today

Above pics $car in a loading bay :o  and other enforcing whilst on D yellow's
Below on a single yellow, and $car on the pavement! while enforcing
« Last Edit: 01 January, 1970, 01:00:00 AM by Guest »

Offline Marmite

• Follower
« Reply #2 on: 22 April, 2011, 09:24:35 AM »
It was a long run on a very hot day, but it was nice to almost see the sea....lol  We have to get a tank bag, as drinks are not very good under the seat.  Its good to know that Marmite and Devils Daughter will soon be up in lights.... ok high viz, its almost the same.  Our training wheels are off......lol now we can contract the $chunting virus....lol

Offline devils daughter

• Follower
« Reply #3 on: 22 April, 2011, 09:42:52 AM »
It was a fun filled day, the first schunt was on without a lot of waiting yippee. When over we had a quick cup of tea and got back to the pen just in time to turn around and go again.  The excitement of getting there at the right time is amazing, I felt like a cheshire cat with a large smile from ear to ear. The only problem I had, which is quite amazing is my bum was sooooooo painful after sitting as a pillion for 3 hours and no sign of an end.  Even with my own bodily padding it was not enough lol I never thought that I would want a bigger bum but I doooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!  So will now be thinking of was to make the back seat more comfortable for the long schunts, please feel free to make suggestions lol.  But even with a sore bum it was a good day with lovely weather and public support. :-ev-: :-ev-: :-ev-: :-ev-:

Offline Pat Pending

• Global Moderator
  • Follower
« Reply #4 on: 22 April, 2011, 04:24:51 PM »
Has that $car got a broken O/Side rear light in one of the pics?
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Beer in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up,  totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a  ride!!"

Offline spica

• Follower
  • yeah baby yeah
« Reply #5 on: 22 April, 2011, 07:22:44 PM »
Quote from: "Pat Pending"
Has that $car got a broken O/Side rear light in one of the pics?

no its just the way the sun catches it..

was a good day and enjoyed by all involved.

my dad came round today saying that he was next to us a one point in chatham tho he didnt see me!!!!! lol there was a red bike with someone wearing a mask playing with a bag up front. then there was a blue bike with 2 people without masks and a black bike with a guy with a mask. but no spica (dad doest call me that lol). he was telling me this while he was lent up on my black ktm. then said oh you have a yellow one.... :bashy:

he was there when i bought it 3 years ago  W:T:F:
maybe its time to take him off the roads  :o
oh and i ask him why didnt he toot? because he didnt want us falling off  :pmsl:
If you don't stand for something you will fall for anything

$chunting is like fox hunting but with a better Outcome

Offline Pat Pending

• Global Moderator
  • Follower
« Reply #6 on: 22 April, 2011, 07:33:14 PM »
Ahhh bless, his little Spica is all growed up.  :schucks:
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Beer in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up,  totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a  ride!!"