Author Topic: Westminster Weds 20/4/11 $chunt Report  (Read 4380 times)

Offline Boyo

• Global Moderator
  • Follower
Westminster Weds 20/4/11 $chunt Report
« on: 21 April, 2011, 11:33:27 PM »
Trawled around the West End and found a $car at The Strand (haven't seen one there for ages) enforcing the old short cut thro' the church. Assisted there for a good 45 mins to much encouragement and positive reaction from passers by. Big thank you to the kind gent who appeared with a cup of coffee for me! It was much appreciated. :aplude:
I also met with a gentleman who works for the church itself and was asking the very apt question, "why don't they just put a barrier across the short cut which could be lifted by authorised vehicles?" He was being rhetorical of course - and said it's obviously about the money. :bashy:

:idea: Whilst there I also had an interesting chat with an ex-military policeman who is still in the close protection service (he showed me his SIA id card) and claimed that the cameras on the cars were illegal under European law as they weren't painted a fluorescent colour. I don't know the technicalities of this, or if indeed this is the case but it maybe worthy of further investigation.
I gave out quite a few cards too yesterday - all gratefully received, including one to the TV satellite engineer who was working on the "lives" at the RCJ. He was very interested as he said a lot of the guys at his depot were bikers. :dancing:

About 12.30, the $car left and I was mid explaining our MO to an enthusiastic, inquisitive member of the public! I thought I'd lost the $car, so followed the round the houses route towards St. Martin's Lane, and lo and behold, dropped in right behind the little fella by Covent Garden! The devil's good to his own. :-ev-: :rotfl:
He took me back to O St, where there were six cars, 4 inside on the ramp. It was here whilst chatting to one of the drivers who was on parking enforcement (or so he said :schucks:) that I noticed a new, 11 plated, unliveried iQ! I went back to my bike to get my camera and by the time I returned it had buggered off! They must have cloaking devices fitted to these new ones.
Spent about an hour and half at the pigpen, during which I had a call from Chalky and he joined me after what must have been a "spirited" ride in from his Home County hide away - about 40 mins as I recollect. ;D
Chatting to some Iraqi guys who live in the flats opposite, and bugger me in the 2mins we chatted to them, the car I'd been following in the morning has foxtrot oscared! Having chatted with the driver when he'd returned earlier, he mentioned something about Victoria to me in the afternoon - so Chalky and I decided we'd make a b-line there. Of course, when we get there, no sign whatsoever of his nibbs at any of the VIctoria honeypots! Moral of the story: take everything they tell you with a pinch of salt. You want to trust 'em but when will I ever learn - they're Westminster employees aren't they?! :bashy:
So we bimbled around via St. Martin's Lane, The Strand, Moor St all to no avail, before rocking up at Savile Row about 16.30. Bingo, there he is bold as brass - I would have thought after the Savile Row sting video appeared, this would be a no-no, but why letter the truth get in the way of scamming people? :bashy:
We assisted there to much acclaim and interest til about 17.20 when he finally left and headed back to O St.
I saved at least one car a £120 fine, altho', bless her, she didn't seem too grateful! She was a sort of female Victor Meldrew character crossed with Hyacinth Bucket in a Penelope Keith sort of way and seemed rather put out that I was advising her to turn left. I did explain, (having tapped on the window following seeing her right indicator flashing) that I was only trying to save her a large fine, but she scowled and said "well I suppose I'll just have to turn left! Hopefully she'll realise later that I wasn't trying to carjack her!
All in all, a fine days $chunting with tremendous support from everyone who passed by and another ever present reminder to Wastemonster that we're watching everything they do :-ev-: 
« Last Edit: 01 January, 1970, 01:00:00 AM by Guest »
"To no man will we sell, or deny, or delay right or justice" - from the Magna Carta

Offline Staps

• Follower
Re: Westminster Weds 20/4/11 $chunt Report
« Reply #1 on: 21 April, 2011, 11:38:24 PM »
A thoroughly enjoyable read,  :aplude: :aplude:

Offline jonesy

• Global Moderator
  • Follower
« Reply #2 on: 22 April, 2011, 12:10:07 AM »
Nice one Boyo

Offline Tom Tom Str

• Follower
« Reply #3 on: 22 April, 2011, 01:10:54 AM »
Great Stuff Boyo. !  ;D    Well done Mate !   :aplude:

Offline Monkey Girl

• Follower
« Reply #4 on: 22 April, 2011, 07:06:14 AM »
Well done Boyo  :aplude: :aplude: :aplude:  :dancing:

Offline Kill Switch

• Administrator
  • Follower
« Reply #5 on: 22 April, 2011, 12:03:01 PM »
Nice one mate, well done   :aplude: :aplude: :aplude:
A word to the wise ain't necessary - it's the stupid ones that need the advice

Offline Pat Pending

• Global Moderator
  • Follower
« Reply #6 on: 22 April, 2011, 04:09:14 PM »
Quote "They must have cloaking devices fitted to these new ones."

And that is why you must become a CLING-ON :pmsl:

Nice one Boyo well done.
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Beer in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up,  totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a  ride!!"

Offline DastardlyDick

• Follower
« Reply #7 on: 22 April, 2011, 05:52:25 PM »
Quote from: "Pat Pending"

Quote "They must have cloaking devices fitted to these new ones."

And that is why you must become a CLING-ON :pmsl:

Nice one Boyo well done.

Or get MG's Tractor Beam   :pmsl:

Offline kiwi

• Follower
  • FCUKI'N AV IT
« Reply #8 on: 22 April, 2011, 06:08:23 PM »
Fantastic , sounds like old school times are back again :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing:

Offline Pat Pending

• Global Moderator
  • Follower
« Reply #9 on: 22 April, 2011, 07:19:00 PM »
Ssssssh MG's Tractor Beam is still in the experimental stage, they are still trying to stop it burning out LBT's. :o
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Beer in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up,  totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a  ride!!"