Author Topic: Bexley VCA Type approval, seems to be wrong.  (Read 11032 times)

Offline peperami gsxr

• Follower
  • bexley-notomob@live.co.uk
Bexley VCA Type approval, seems to be wrong.
« on: 28 April, 2011, 09:56:11 AM »
A little email i sent off this morning to Bexley council.......... :-ev-:

To: Greg Tippett, Assistant Parking Manager, Bexley Council.

Cc Peter Craske, Bexley Council.

Dear Greg

We spoke over the phone on Friday 8th April 2011 at the Civic office, and I requested to see the Type Certification for your mobile cctv cars. And you asked me to make the request in writing and  I noted you forwarded my request to be treated as an FOI, (ref 11/342).

Now i have a copy of your certification.

VCA Ref: VCA EDG077151, Certificate Number: PAD 022.  Dated 30th March 2009. (see attachment).

I have contacted the VCA this morning, and they confirm that you have only ever had 1 certificate issued.

I note that this seems to be an invalid certificate as it does not have the correct details of the equipment that you are currently using.

You will note under System: Mobile Vehicle. Now this for a start is unacceptable.

There is no mention of the type of device and operating system you are using i really think you should check. I beleive your currently using the Wonwoo WCC-E261 camera on all your cars, but i'm sure you will know better than me.

Now in the spirit of David Cameron Big Society its only right that i should bring this to your attention, I would recomend you check your certification. And i would advise you of a case last week held before PATAS on 20th Arpil 2011.

WISE v RICHMOND BOROUGH COUNCIL.

This case set the precedent. Richmond found that their Certificate was incorrect to say the least. And have now withdrawn their Mobile CCTV vehicles from the road.

As you will know, without the correct certificate, any PCN you issue of parking enforcement will be invalid, and i'm sure you would not be comfortable in the knowledge that you are issuing invalid PCN's.

With this in mind, i would  recommed you stop mobile enforcement of parking contraventions and gather the full facts if you are unclear of what the law requires.

If you need further help with this matter, please contact the VCA on 0117 952 4127.

Or you can see the DfT web site regarding the VCA at:

http://www.dft.gov.uk/vca/other/civil-traffic-enforcement.asp

And for press details of the case (Wise V Richmond)  please see:

http://www.richmondandtwickenhamtimes.co.uk/news/richmondnews/8989277.Motorist_wins_parking_fine_appeal_over_unlicensed_CCTV_car/

And

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standard/article-23944667-parking-ticket-camera-cars-taken-off-road.do

If it is any help to you,  I will other my services to you and help you find every motorists that you have issued an illegal PCN to since 31st March 2009 ( the date that you needed to have Type Approval for you mobile cameras from the VCA for parking enforcement) and help you arrange paying money back to the public.

Please kindly acknowledge receipt of this email.
« Last Edit: 01 January, 1970, 01:00:00 AM by Guest »
Sworn to fun, loyalty to none

Offline Belplasca

• Follower
Re: Bexley VCA Type approval, seems to be wrong.
« Reply #1 on: 28 April, 2011, 10:02:40 AM »

Bob
Blanka (my partner) has signed up on a challenge to help the Marie Curie Hospice in Hampstead.

Help her at http://www.justgivin...lanka-Rathauska

Offline Monkey Girl

• Follower
« Reply #2 on: 28 April, 2011, 10:06:18 AM »
:pmsl: :pmsl:  :aplude: :aplude:

Offline peperami gsxr

• Follower
« Reply #3 on: 28 April, 2011, 10:21:07 AM »
Look guys, I've just finished a night shift, i had a great day yesterday, filled with loads of good news with work  :-ev-: then the VCA cert being given to me, (not by Bexley via my FOI, thanks  :aplude:) and then a call saying we was on the front page of the local paper.

I'm buzzing still but need to get to bed as i'm working tonight  :bashy:

And Bob............ me is a sniggering too  :pmsl:

Offline Martin

• Follower
« Reply #4 on: 28 April, 2011, 10:42:48 AM »
Methinks that a lot of VCA Certificate requests are going to be raised by lots of London Councils, in the very near future!
Wonder how many Councils have the correct Certificates for their current equipment??

However, the outstanding issues will no doubt be whether they keep any uncertificated vehicles / equipment on the roads, AND .. , whether they refund motorists who have been unlawfully ticketed.  Surely, without the correct Certification, they are just people going around and demanding money (with menaces?) !!

Great work, peperami !  :aplude:
« Last Edit: 28 April, 2011, 11:19:50 AM by Martin »

Offline Tom Tom Str

• Follower
« Reply #5 on: 28 April, 2011, 11:44:00 AM »
Truly Brilliant work !!  Well done mate !   :pmsl: :pmsl:

Nigel W

« Reply #6 on: 28 April, 2011, 01:04:16 PM »
Well Done Peperami GSXR.
This type of certificate that does not list the devices used (cameras and system) is NOT fit for purpose. I have a few like this issued to other LAs. by the VCA.
The problem with this is that The VCA say that there is no requirement (in the COAD Regulations) for them to actually list the devices that they certificate.
This is wrong because when an LA sends out a copy of their certificate to someone who is questioning certification of the correct devices the recipient will have no way of confirming correct certification. The fact that there is no uniform conformity to these certificates is also wrong. Some certificates go into all of the details of the equipment chapter and verse others do not give any information like Bexley's.

The problem you have with this is it is the Technical Construction File (TCF) that is submitted to the VCA that details all of the equipment. If the equipment used is listed in this then the VCA will say that it is all certificated.

Put in a FOI request for a copy of Bexley's TCF.
                                                                                                                                   Nigel Wise.

Offline Pat Pending

• Global Moderator
  • Follower
« Reply #7 on: 28 April, 2011, 08:01:03 PM »
Well done Peps, I just dribbled me tea all done my front.  :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Beer in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up,  totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a  ride!!"

Offline Kill Switch

• Administrator
  • Follower
« Reply #8 on: 28 April, 2011, 08:08:46 PM »
Love it Pep, well done  :aplude: :aplude: :aplude:
A word to the wise ain't necessary - it's the stupid ones that need the advice

Offline chalky

• Follower
« Reply #9 on: 28 April, 2011, 09:24:03 PM »
Superb work Peps, my god the VCA offices are going to be inundated with applications on Tuesday morning at this rate! :pmsl:

Offline Staps

• Follower
« Reply #10 on: 28 April, 2011, 11:37:22 PM »
I bet the people at the VCA are saying something along the lines of "What the F&^k is going on all of a sudden".
I think a new term will enter the language, first richmond were "Nigelled" and now bexley is copping it.

Who will be "Nigelled" next.

Offline billie.skeggs

• Administrator
  • Follower
« Reply #11 on: 29 April, 2011, 07:01:15 AM »
Quote from: "Staps"

im sure the add campaign not so long ago "knock off nigel" no has come to haunt the councils
 :pmsl:

Offline Staps

• Follower
« Reply #12 on: 29 April, 2011, 08:58:32 AM »
Quote from: "billie.skeggs"
Quote from: "Staps"

im sure the add campaign not so long ago "knock off nigel" no has come to haunt the councils
 :pmsl:

Good spot Billie  :rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline peperami gsxr

• Follower
« Reply #13 on: 29 April, 2011, 03:43:29 PM »
Just an up date. No reply to my email, yet  :-ev-:

I did take a trip to the pig pen, about 3.30. And all the scars are in the overnight pen, locked away.

Now they could be operating a Sunday service, in which case the just wheel out 1 scar when they fancy.

Or could they of taken them off the road  W:T:F:.

I will have confirmation tomorrow morning  :-ev-:

Offline kiwi

• Follower
  • FCUKI'N AV IT
« Reply #14 on: 29 April, 2011, 05:12:48 PM »
Oh oh oh ..........oh
My oh my .......2late  think I need tissue he he

Supporters of the NoToMob

In order to view this object you need Flash Player 9+ support!

Get Adobe Flash player