Author Topic: Westminster Parking Policy Review – Stakeholder Summit, Wednesday 1st June  (Read 3217 times)

Offline Esinem

• Follower
I trust there will be tea and chocolate Hobnobs...

Dear Stakeholder

Westminster Parking Policy Review – Stakeholder Summit, Wednesday 1st June

Westminster is the UK’s largest parking authority and we are proud of our track record in delivering innovative improvements to our service. Our parking service is important to the city’s economic and social wellbeing: facilitating deliveries and commercial operations, providing parking facilities for residents and visitors, and helping people to get around freely and easily.

As you may be aware, over the past few months Westminster has undertaken a major review of parking provision across the city – the first such review for ten years. We need to respond to a decade of economic and population growth and make sure that our parking policies are fit for the challenges of the coming years. We have gathered a wide range of evidence as part of this process and you may already have contributed to our public survey on parking priorities. In addition we have carried out traffic counts on key Westminster roads, and a study of how, when and where parking spaces across the city are used.

On 9th May, Westminster’s Cabinet will agree a series of draft policies for parking in Westminster. We will make these, and supporting information, available on www.westminster.gov.uk/parkingpolicyreview at the earliest possible opportunity after 9th May for people to review. Before any final decision is made on formal policies, we want to explain how we have arrived at these draft policies, and hear people’s views and ideas on how they should be implemented or adjusted.

I would therefore like to invite you to a Stakeholder Summit on Wednesday 1st June at 6.30pm, where you will have the opportunity to discuss these policies in greater detail with me and council officers. The summit will take place in Westminster Council House, 97-113 Marylebone Road, NW1 5PT.

I hope that you are able to attend this event. Please RSVP to parkingcomms@westminster.gov.uk to make the necessary arrangements.

Yours Sincerely

Cllr Lee Rowley, Cabinet Member for Transportation
Westminster City Council
« Last Edit: 30 May, 2011, 12:13:20 PM by Monkey Girl »
Wastemonster City Council can      NoToMob are watching you!

Offline The Bald Eagle

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • THE lowest common denominator
Is everyone invited ;D
« Last Edit: 01 January, 1970, 01:00:00 AM by Guest »
WE ARE WATCHING YOU

Offline Legolas

• Follower
Forgive my ignorance as a mere country bumpkin, but what do they mean by 'stakeholder'? Does it mean Westminster residents? And if so does that in turn mean that non-residents are not allowed to attend?

Also, is any kind of NoToMob presence planned for the meeting on the 9th May? If my work permits I plan to go along anyway, just wondered if any like-minded folk are also likely to be in attendance. (That is assuming of course that the public are allowed to attend this meeting in the public gallery).
« Last Edit: 04 May, 2011, 10:15:49 PM by Legolas »

Offline scoop10

• Follower
I got an invite and I'm down in Dartford. I think they sent invites to anyone that filled in their leading and biased questionaire.

Scoop

Offline Pat Pending

• Global Moderator
  • Follower
Dito  ;D
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Beer in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up,  totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a  ride!!"

Offline The Bald Eagle

• Administrator
  • Follower
Is it a public meeting on 9th May? dr00L dr00L
WE ARE WATCHING YOU

Offline Pat Pending

• Global Moderator
  • Follower
I don't think so BE as it asks us to RSVP if we are attending. This is as Scoop says I think, a result of the questionnaire that we filled out some time ago.
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Beer in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up,  totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a  ride!!"

Offline The Bald Eagle

• Administrator
  • Follower
WE ARE WATCHING YOU

Offline The Bald Eagle

• Administrator
  • Follower
Quote from: "Esinem"
I would therefore like to invite you to a Stakeholder Summit on Wednesday 1st June at 6.30pm, where you will have the opportunity to discuss these policies in greater detail with me and council officers. The summit will take place in Westminster Council House, 97-113 Marylebone Road, NW1 5PT.

I hope that you are able to attend this event. Please RSVP to [email:38nf6q7f]parkingcomms@westminster.gov.uk[/email:38nf6q7f] by Friday 27th May

Cllr Lee Rowley, Cabinet Member for Transportation
Westminster City Council

It's a date Mr Rowley. dr00L dr00L dr00L dr00L :rotfl:
WE ARE WATCHING YOU

Offline Legolas

• Follower
I read it as RSVP if you want to attend the Stakeholder Summit in June at which you'll be able to speak. But if the meeting on the 9th May is being publicised and its consultation document is now available for viewing, does it not follow that the public are allowed to listen in on that meeting?

Sorry, I'm a bit ignorant of the finer points of these council protocols.

The reason I'm interested is that I've got the Local Government Ombudsman on hold pending the results of this parking policy review just in case the council makes good on its long standing promise to look at alternative payment methods for motorcyclists, so I'd kind of like to be there when the council is chewing it over.

Maybe an email to Mr. Rowley (who has already hinted that this review won't address the concerns raised) to ascertain whether the great unwashed will be allowed in is in order.

Offline The Bald Eagle

• Administrator
  • Follower
Quote from: "Legolas"
I read it as RSVP if you want to attend the Stakeholder Summit in June at which you'll be able to speak. But if the meeting on the 9th May is being publicised and its consultation document is now available for viewing, does it not follow that the public are allowed to listen in on that meeting?

Sorry, I'm a bit ignorant of the finer points of these council protocols.

The reason I'm interested is that I've got the Local Government Ombudsman on hold pending the results of this parking policy review just in case the council makes good on its long standing promise to look at alternative payment methods for motorcyclists, so I'd kind of like to be there when the council is chewing it over.

Maybe an email to Mr. Rowley (who has already hinted that this review won't address the concerns raised) to ascertain whether the great unwashed will be allowed in is in order.

I'm looking into it, but don't hold out too much hope of being allowed ( as one of the great unwashed) too attend the meeting on 9th May, where decisions will be made to ratify a council policy BEFORE we are even allowed to examine any of those nasty "technicalities". :bashy: :bashy: :bashy:
WE ARE WATCHING YOU

Offline The Bald Eagle

• Administrator
  • Follower
I had forgotten about this. Is anyone going?
WE ARE WATCHING YOU

Offline javabike

• Follower
I wil go! it is Wednesday! 6.30pm park for free!!!!
Vincit Veritas - Truth WILL Prevail
!!!!!Never Give In

Supporters of the NoToMob

In order to view this object you need Flash Player 9+ support!

Get Adobe Flash player