Author Topic: Medway $chunt 11/05/2011  (Read 3219 times)

Offline Monkey Girl

• Follower
Medway $chunt 11/05/2011
« on: 11 May, 2011, 11:02:13 PM »
Hi guys  ;D

A long ride today indeed  :o  with an excellent driver this morning,

Yet another new driver, thats 4 in 2 months! ....We met at the pen, a late start at 11.15 but had a good chat, briefing and a laugh, Blinky phones in to say she is deep in paper work, Spica's at work (all just after I tweeted out they were due to schunt today) whoops :schucks:
Tomster arrives first then DD, Marmite, DD tells me the good news
[move:1vgno3fk]DD  is getting her own bike, whoooo thats three girl $chunters in Medway[/move:1vgno3fk] :aplude: :aplude: :aplude:
A few members of the public stop to chat and take photos, I check and there 3 Scars visable, so Marmite DD & Tomster go hunting  ;) I stay at the pen and take the first $car that came out,  after we left we get to the mini roundabout and I checked my mirrors only to see I'm now sandwich between 2 CCTV $cars  8) :rotfl:, I manage to call DD, and let them know the second $car must have been well hidden in the pen and they should carry on with there hunt at the hotspots. Our first stop was Wainscott bus stop and then on to Gillingham,  a little later DD,Marmite and Tomster have found the other $car :dancing: I take pics of the $car on D/Yellows at the very few opportunities that I had, but at one point, when we did venture to Chatham I film the $car on double yellows at Block buster, NO! NOT enforcing any offence at all!, this lasted for over 8 minutes.
I think they must get on average about 8 tickets a day, this job a CEO could do easily do!!!! ...The car drives constantly for approx 15 hours day, I would like to know how they justify the costs involved and will be asking about this too!, apparently a labour councillor has asked for a full review of the use of these cars, ....I will be contacting him shortly  ;D
Right back to the shunt, I get back to the pen at Driver shift change time 1.30 with no sign of DD, I gave them a call and there are still in Chatham assisting  :D, At that point Tomster peels off home ..... so I nipped to KFC (Mmmm) and use their facilities, then get back to the pen for only for the $car to come out again, Phew my bike is already to too hot! ....5 Min's later we are going up Frinsbury Hill and I spot Headlong  :dancing: coming in my direction, he turns round and Catches me up, were rocking to my tunes... and spend the whole afternoon in Gillingham, whilst here a car pull up besides me and chats (no yellows, no parking restrictions but he gets a pcn on the post  W:T:F:!
Whilst in Gillingham we suddenly came face to face (and the $car) with a driver coming at us on a one way road :o, but it was  8) and then a little later a car pulls right out in front of the $car at a cross road, it was very close the $car had to make an emergency stop, we didn't because were experience riders  ;D (Headlong soon becoming master film maker, has all of this on film :pmsl:.
There was a guy at the bus stop laughing and pointing to his fingers "5 times now, 5 times that $cars been here" Tell me that not revenue drivin" ,I agree with him sort of and off we go, we ended up at Napier Road School, the mums were pleased and lots of thumbs up, and kids kept shouting I love your hat/helmet, infact one little girl came up and tried to pull it of my head, (i did ask nicely if she would stop as I needed to breath  :pmsl:, she agreed and wanted to touch the Mohican's ;D, The $car only stayed at the school for 20 Min's, and were off back to Chatham,
Anyway we went round and round the same old honey pots in Gillingham for 2 and half hours (so much for public safety!!!!) Its now at 4.30 or so Headlong and my self had other things to do today.

Thanks to DD,Marmite, Tomster & Headlong  :aplude: :aplude: :aplude: :aplude: :aplude:

I was gutted it was over today early  :( but I did feel like this during the $chunt  :dancing:
MG  ;D
« Last Edit: 11 May, 2011, 11:04:13 PM by Monkey Girl »

Offline BailiffHunter

• Follower
    • http://bailiffhunter.blogspot.com/
Re: Medway $chunt 11/05/2011
« Reply #1 on: 11 May, 2011, 11:15:12 PM »
Good work MG and Co. Do we know if Medway Scar`s CCTV film include a second counter on their footage??? :-ev-:
« Last Edit: 01 January, 1970, 01:00:00 AM by Guest »
\"When the facts change, I change my mind\"

Offline Monkey Girl

• Follower
« Reply #2 on: 11 May, 2011, 11:37:58 PM »
no, im not sure if they do, BH
« Last Edit: 12 May, 2011, 07:55:34 PM by Monkey Girl »

Offline HeadlongCabbie

• Follower
« Reply #3 on: 12 May, 2011, 09:03:33 PM »
Just a little footage of how well the drivers DO drive most of the time.  Well done that man, two accidents well avoided.

Medway $chunt 11 May 2011

Oh, and if you look through the other vids on that page you can see some of my holiday videos....

Offline Monkey Girl

• Follower
« Reply #4 on: 12 May, 2011, 09:08:36 PM »
That wasnt me laughing along with headlong was it?  :pmsl: didnt the Driver do well?  :aplude: :aplude:

Offline HeadlongCabbie

• Follower
« Reply #5 on: 12 May, 2011, 10:46:51 PM »
Laughing... ?

Us?

Never...!!!
 :pmsl: :pmsl: :pmsl:

Offline Piquet

• Follower
« Reply #6 on: 13 May, 2011, 12:00:10 AM »
In my opinion the $Camera Car driver was at fault in the first incident. It was clear there were vehicles waiting to pull out from both side roads.
It looks as though he stopped and signalled the Bus to pull out, as the other vehicle was clearly visible, he should have been expecting the car to pull out too.
Driving on round the Bus before it had even passed him put himself and other road user's in danger.

A few months on a bike would teach him to be more observant or end up in hospital! ;)
I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing.

Offline HeadlongCabbie

• Follower
« Reply #7 on: 13 May, 2011, 10:22:06 AM »
I know what you mean Piquet.  Since there were people on the zebra as well it would have made sense for him to hold back and let the other car out as well