Author Topic: Hakim Berkani - My hero  (Read 26743 times)

Offline The Bald Eagle

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • THE lowest common denominator
Hakim Berkani - My hero
« on: 26 January, 2012, 01:31:22 PM »
I will post the full judgment up once it becomes available. I have to say that I met this guy at his hearing and he is a genuinely nice fella. The kind of CEO that we deserve and not the type that are thrust upon us by unscrupulous parking bosses and their mentors.

A proper investigative journalist with some balls to take NSL and their like on, would have a field day with the stories Hakim can tell about NSL practices.

There's a lot more to come on this. It blows the lid off the whole parking "industry" from what I can see.

Oh, and by the way, do you notice that the quote in the ES (link below) from NSL is given by Alastair Cooper, its enforcement solutions director. Isn't it strange that they didn't wheel out their director of communications, one Mr Tim Cowen, to spout the usual denials of quota setting, as he has done so many times before? However, it isn't so strange when you realise that he resigned his post shortly before Hakim's hearing before the tribunal.

Why am I reminded of the saying about rodents leaving a vessel that is rapidly filling with liquid? Maybe he had seen the paperwork to be put before the tribunal and seen the light? ;D

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/warden-exposes-secret-parking-quotas-7312001.html

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/london/whistle-blower-warden-gets-20000-but-not-his-job-back-7497840.html
« Last Edit: 26 January, 2012, 03:01:17 PM by The Bald Eagle »
WE ARE WATCHING YOU

Offline Pat Pending

• Global Moderator
  • Follower
Re: Hakim Berkani - My hero
« Reply #1 on: 26 January, 2012, 01:40:43 PM »
Mr Berkani  :aplude: :aplude: :aplude: :aplude: :aplude: :aplude: :aplude: :aplude: :aplude: :aplude: :aplude: :aplude: :aplude: :aplude: :aplude: :aplude: :aplude: :aplude: :aplude: :aplude: :aplude: :aplude: :aplude: :aplude: :aplude: :aplude: :aplude: :aplude: :aplude: :aplude: :aplude: :aplude: :aplude: :aplude: :aplude: :aplude: :aplude: :aplude: :aplude: :aplude: :aplude: :aplude: :aplude: :aplude: :aplude: :aplude: :aplude: :aplude: :aplude: :aplude: :aplude: :aplude: :aplude: :aplude: :aplude: :aplude: :aplude: :aplude: :aplude: :aplude: :aplude: :aplude: :aplude: :aplude: :aplude: :aplude: :aplude: :aplude: :aplude: :aplude: :aplude: :aplude: :aplude: :aplude: :aplude: :aplude: :aplude: :aplude: :aplude: :aplude: :aplude: :aplude: :aplude: :aplude: :aplude:

What a Star.
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Beer in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up,  totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a  ride!!"

Nigel W

« Reply #2 on: 26 January, 2012, 01:42:02 PM »
Excellent News. This is just start of the exposure of NSL's abhorrent and illegal practices.

Offline tommy the trumpet

• Follower
« Reply #3 on: 26 January, 2012, 01:58:03 PM »
Congratulations to Mr Berkani hopefully this will start the domino effect. :party:
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.    
Ciao Marco #58

Offline Coco

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • Northampton
« Reply #4 on: 26 January, 2012, 02:01:06 PM »

Well Done Hakim  :dancing:  I hope you get awarded a punitive amount of damages on 27 February.

With any luck this judgement will encourage a few more whistleblowers to step forward.

Offline The Bald Eagle

• Administrator
  • Follower
« Reply #5 on: 26 January, 2012, 02:20:38 PM »

a few more whistleblowers

It's Brown trouser time at both NSL and their employers (which obviously includes Wastemonster). The shredders will be working overtime tonight. There's certain stuff that can't be shredded though, and that is what will eventually bring them down.

It's a little thing called the truth, and as I have always maintained, THE TRUTH WILL OUT!

PEOPLE SHOULD NOT BE AFRAID OF THEIR GOVERNMENTS.

GOVERNMENTS SHOULD BE AFRAID OF THEIR PEOPLE.
WE ARE WATCHING YOU

Offline Esinem

• Follower
« Reply #6 on: 26 January, 2012, 02:43:22 PM »
Erh, did you say something BE?  ;D

:party:
Wastemonster City Council can      NoToMob are watching you!

Nigel W

« Reply #7 on: 26 January, 2012, 02:47:46 PM »
In have just sent the following mail to media.relations@nsl.co.uk  These are the two people charged with batting off the press since Tim Cowan departed.

Nabil & Luke,

It is obvious why Tim Cowan deserted your sinking ship. I refer to the following:

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standard/article-24031298-hero-warden-exposes-secret-parking-quotas.do

This is just the start of the many many exposures of abhorrent and unlawful practices by NSL to come.

Perhaps it is also time for you to now depart as well. Please inform the press of your reasons for your departure. Please also contact all of the staff at NSL and request them to do likewise.

Do not attempt to negate any of these exposures by issuing any false press releases. A simple and truthful response along the lines of: We do break the law and have no regard to any laws and or regulations whatsoever will suffice.

Yours sincerely
Nigel Wise.

Offline The Bald Eagle

• Administrator
  • Follower
« Reply #8 on: 26 January, 2012, 04:01:29 PM »
Here is the judgment, courtesy of Nutsville. 

http://nutsville.com/download/Berkani-v-NSL-judgment.pdf

It is long, but stick with it because I can assure you a jaw dropping read. I have worked in civil law for over 20 years now, and have read my fair share of damning judgments, but I can honestly say I have never seen a judicial indictment of a party quite like this one.

Please remember to count the number of times you dance around the room shouting to no one in particular about how right we have been all along.

Please feel free to quote your favourite passages. ;D

One of many of mine comes at para. 27.

27. The Claimant's unilateral decision not to issue PCNs for the time being could
have been treated as a performance issue, but this was never done. Mr Boxall
told us that to discipline or sack a CEO for not issuing enough or any PCNs
would be "politically a hot potato". Mr Dunbar told us that he "backed off from
dealing with the Claimant's work as a performance issue".

This is significant because this was where they orchestrated their own downfall. 

After years of claiming that there were no performance related benefits and no targets, how could NSL have possibly turned it into a performance issue without proving that there was a quota!? Mr Boxall is such an idiot he pretty much goes and tells the tribunal as much, and the idiot Dunbar corroborated it!

This must surely be another candidate for the "You couldn't make it up" category?
WE ARE WATCHING YOU

Offline Piggy

• Follower
    • http://www.academy-of-rock.co.uk
« Reply #9 on: 26 January, 2012, 04:30:20 PM »
He is the exception that proves the rule! 
Piggy - The Parking Pest

Offline Boyo

• Global Moderator
  • Follower
« Reply #10 on: 26 January, 2012, 04:45:49 PM »
Congratulations to Hakim and his legal team for having the courage, commitment and conviction to go through with this. :aplude: :aplude:
If only there were more CEOs like Hakim who are actually doing their job of keeping traffic flowing as opposed to being legalised extortioners. :bashy:
Haven't read the full judgement yet but really hope that this starts the ball rolling in cleaning up this murky, money grabbing business.
"To no man will we sell, or deny, or delay right or justice" - from the Magna Carta

Nigel W

« Reply #11 on: 26 January, 2012, 06:17:17 PM »
Parking fine 'quotas' in London 'dishonest' - judge

'Trumped up' charges

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-16746575

Offline jonesy

• Global Moderator
  • Follower
« Reply #12 on: 26 January, 2012, 06:54:04 PM »
Wow what a report and the findings are astonishing some of the comments in the report and my responses in blue
As  a result,  the CEOs  in  turn  felt  under  considerable  pressure  to  find  opportunities  to  issue PCN's  and,  as  a result,  some  of them  adopted  a  predatory and  in  some  case dishonest rather than a co-operative approach to motorists. We knew it and now everyone will know the lying bastards

The  Claimant felt that this was unethical.  He preferred to  issue PCNs  as a last
resort. He also believed that applying a quota system to the issuing of PCns was
illegal  and  immoral in  that it would  tend  to  coerce  CEOs to  issue PCNs even  if
they were inappropriate, A fine example how to deal with parking issue's and one that all ceo's should adopt
However  the claimant's open reluctance to  issue PCNs  and  his talking  about this with  other 
colleagues made him even less popular with his managers .Mr Dunbar but when he did so the latter's response was to tell the Claimant that  he"had  a  fucking  big mouth  and was a  troublemaker". Bet that one sentence he regrets saying

The  claimant wrote  a  f i rm but courteous letter to Mr Dunbar about this on 4th October 2010
Mr Dunbar, who responded  by suggesting  to  the  Claimant that  "he  was  playing  games  ... that  the  cockroach
had come from  the  Claimants own home ... and that the  workplace was like a  "5
star deluxe" for  the  other employees  as  where  they  come  from  they live  with
worse conditions on a daily basis etc The racist he needs to be charged with the offence of racially aggravated abusive language

Offline Pat Pending

• Global Moderator
  • Follower
« Reply #13 on: 26 January, 2012, 07:00:47 PM »
Quote from the BBC News website......... Alastair Cooper, enforcement solutions director at NSL, said: "We are extremely disappointed with this judgement and are considering our options".
"We are an Investor in People - Gold organisation, which means our policies and procedures are recognised as being exemplary".
Gold Organisation yeah right!  I suggest you get your eyes checked for Colour Blindness, as you are obviously  confusing Gold for SH*T-BROWN mate.
« Last Edit: 30 May, 2012, 07:08:56 PM by Pat Pending »
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Beer in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up,  totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a  ride!!"

Offline Pat Pending

• Global Moderator
  • Follower
« Reply #14 on: 26 January, 2012, 08:02:51 PM »
I have read through the whole sorry tale of how these Bullies victimised Mr Berkani again and again. If some one had said this was the story line for a play, you would have thought it was too unbelievable to be produced. W:T:F:
These so called Managers must surely be sacked for gross misconduct at the very least and in a couple of cases criminal proceedings should ensue.  ABSOLUTELY  DISGRACEFUL BEHAVIOUR  :bashy: :bashy: :bashy:

« Last Edit: 30 May, 2012, 07:09:47 PM by Pat Pending »

Supporters of the NoToMob

In order to view this object you need Flash Player 9+ support!

Get Adobe Flash player