Author Topic: A missed opportunity  (Read 1699 times)

Offline The Bald Eagle

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • THE lowest common denominator
A missed opportunity
« on: 18 December, 2011, 07:49:06 PM »
A cop car with a parking ticket slapped on the windscreen. Wouldn't you have loved to have been there with a video camera when the coppers came out and found it. :pmsl: :pmsl: :pmsl:

Case Reference:2110436582

Appellant: Metropolitan Police Station

Authority: Westminster
VRM: RF60BFO
PCN:WM67911055
Contravention Date:16 May 2011
Contravention Time:13:00
Contravention Location:Buckingham Gate
Penalty Amount:£130.00
Contravention:Parked in a restricted street
Decision Date:26 Oct 2011
Adjudicator:Michael Nathan
Appeal Decision:Allowed
Direction:cancel the Penalty Charge Notice and the Notice to Owner.

Reasons:

It is apparent from the Appellant's representations that the vehicle in this case was being used for operational police purposes at the time of the alleged contravention.  Article 13(c) of the Traffic Management Order filed by the Enforcement Authority exempts vehicles when used inter alia for police purpose. 

I am satisfied that the use of the Appellant's vehicle fell within this exemption and that the alleged contravention cannot be pursued.  The Penalty Charge Notice was not properly issued and the appeal is allowed.  Any amount paid by the Appellant must be repaid forthwith.

APPEAL ALLOWED
WE ARE WATCHING YOU

Offline Ewan Hoosami

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • Veni, Vidi, $chunti. I came, I saw, I assisted.
Re: A missed opportunity
« Reply #1 on: 18 December, 2011, 10:55:22 PM »
Seriously? Not only was a police car given a parking ticket but the case went to PATAS. This means the council rejected their representations. A woman recently had her representations rejected when she was rushed to hospital with a life threatening condition. What possible scenario would cause the parking weasels to show a little humility? I sincerely hope Rowley Rat's trousers don't catch on fire again because the fire appliances are unable to stop outside during the hours of enforcement.

Appealing to the council is like playing chess with a pigeon. You might be a chess grand master but the pigeon will always knock all the pieces over, shit on the board and then strut around triumphantly.

Nigel W

Re: A missed opportunity
« Reply #2 on: 20 December, 2011, 10:44:38 AM »
They will stop at nothing to swell their coffers.

A Westminster traffic warden gave tickets to four cars in the cortege at a funeral whilst mourners paid their respects.

A Westminster spokesperson said:
"Ticketing a funeral procession is obviously not ideal. We will look at the appeal and see what we can do if the Warden has enforced the law." (If he has we will not cancel the tickets because we need the money. If he hasn't we still will not cancel them because we do not uphold the law ourselves and still need the money).

Supporters of the NoToMob

In order to view this object you need Flash Player 9+ support!

Get Adobe Flash player