Author Topic: Can't let you buggers have all the fun....  (Read 3084 times)

Offline Sir Olly

• Civilian
Can't let you buggers have all the fun....
« on: 11 October, 2011, 08:49:34 PM »
For the last couple of months I've noticed a little CCTV car sitting outside Crayford station in the evenings when I come home from work. Every time I've seen the little so & so I've taken a picture and popped it on Twitter. Week before last I tapped on the window of the car and asked a few questions of the driver.

The first question I asked was what was it he thought he was enforcing. His reply was that he wasn't enforcing anything, he was just "observing". I then had a go at him for being parked on yellows, and for not being a visible deterrent (he was hidden behind some other cars). I also told him he needed to have sort of sign up somewhere warning motorists he was there. He wasn't too impressed.

Anyway since that day I've been carrying my camera and megaphone with me in the hope that I would catch the little ***censored*** Of course since then the car hasn't been around... Until tonight  :dancing:

I did notice that for a change there was a temporary sign stuck up, so went over to the car and asked the same questions as I did before. This time the answer was that he was enforcing the law that says you're not allowed to park on footpaths. I asked him which law this was. He couldn't tell me apart from the fact it was a law that Bexley Council wanted him to enforce.

After a cursory look I couldn't find any signs whatsoever that said people were not allowed to park up on the footpath. Bear in mind people stop here everyday to either drop people off or pick them up. If you know the approach road to Crayford station you will notice that the common sense thing to do is to park half on the pavement because the road narrows on a blind corner. It's safer to park on the pavement than it is to park in the street.

So I thought bollocks to this, I'll warn people as they park. I managed to stop 6 people from parking on the pavement before the CCTV car got bored and buggered off. This is winnage in my books and I shall continue to do so for as long as I need to.

The hope of course is to get passengers involved and have an impromptu demo and get it on film.

I didn't swear once. Which if you know me is a quite an achievement :o)

I'm sure one of you lot will venture out one day to Crayford Station to see for yourselves.

Booyaka!

Offline The Bald Eagle

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • THE lowest common denominator
Re: Can't let you buggers have all the fun....
« Reply #1 on: 11 October, 2011, 09:47:55 PM »
It's called $chunting Olly.

We've been doing it for a while now and you have obviously just popped your cherry. :dancing: :dancing: :dancing:

Good feeling knowing you are saving people from getting fines assisting the council in achieving 100% compliance without penaties innit! ;D

Bet you want to do it again. And again. And again and again and again..... :pmsl: :pmsl:
WE ARE WATCHING YOU

Offline Sir Olly

• Civilian
« Reply #2 on: 11 October, 2011, 09:51:36 PM »
LOL BE I popped my cherry a long time ago. And I've also been chasing CCTV cars for a couple of years now  :pmsl: Yes it's very addictive, in fact a lot of the stuff I do I do because it's addictive.

I don't do it as well as you lot, but the end effect is the same  :D

Offline The Bald Eagle

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • THE lowest common denominator
« Reply #3 on: 11 October, 2011, 10:36:38 PM »
LOL BE I popped my cherry a long time ago. And I've also been chasing CCTV cars for a couple of years now  :pmsl: Yes it's very addictive, in fact a lot of the stuff I do I do because it's addictive.

I don't do it as well as you lot, but the end effect is the same  :D

You need a sign mate. And I'm not talking about one from God. :rotfl:

A mask would be even better. Don't forget I've seen you (briefly :pmsl: ) at Bexley council meetings.

Believe me when I say that the mask DEFINITELY gets you noticed, particularly in conjunction with the sign. ;D
WE ARE WATCHING YOU

Offline Pat Pending

• Global Moderator
  • Follower
« Reply #4 on: 11 October, 2011, 10:45:41 PM »
Nice one Sir Olly keep up the pressure. 8) 
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Beer in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up,  totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a  ride!!"

Supporters of the NoToMob

In order to view this object you need Flash Player 9+ support!

Get Adobe Flash player