Author Topic: NSW motocyclists has 149km speeding fine squashed - officer used radar wrong  (Read 2400 times)

Offline javabike

• Follower
Where there is radar there is money!!!

A motorbike enthusiast has spent more than $60,000 to prove he was not driving at 90km/h over the speed limit in the Royal National Park.

John Busuttil, 29, was charged with riding his Suzuki 1000cc motorbike at 149km/h in a 60km/h zone on Lady Wakehurst Drive in May last year.

He faced a fine of $1744 and a six-month suspension of his driver's licence.

In the Sydney District Court today, Judge Greg Woods quashed the conviction and returned Mr Busuttil's licence, finding the highway patrol officer's use of a radar gun was "radically wrong"

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/was-it-149kmh-or-76kmh-bikers-barrister-father-wins-60000-battle-to--beat-speed-charge-20111026-1mjce.html#ixzz1bsMfjSRV

Vincit Veritas - Truth WILL Prevail
!!!!!Never Give In

Offline Kill Switch

• Administrator
  • Follower
That is brilliant, thank christ his dad is a barrister  :aplude: :aplude: :aplude:
A word to the wise ain't necessary - it's the stupid ones that need the advice

Offline seggsy

• Follower
What justice though. I don't have $60,000 to spend on barristers and the like, so justice would be denied to me.... What justice.....
Politicians doncha just 'ate em

Offline Staps

• Follower
What justice though. I don't have $60,000 to spend on barristers and the like, so justice would be denied to me.... What justice.....
My thoughts too,

Offline javabike

• Follower
My thoughts too,

Exactly, but it may open the 'road' to others under this situation. excuse the pun :)
Vincit Veritas - Truth WILL Prevail
!!!!!Never Give In

Supporters of the NoToMob

In order to view this object you need Flash Player 9+ support!

Get Adobe Flash player