Author Topic: HH $chunt. Saturday 17/9/11  (Read 4379 times)

Offline The Bald Eagle

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • THE lowest common denominator
HH $chunt. Saturday 17/9/11
« on: 17 September, 2011, 01:19:10 PM »
Spoke to Coco and Boyo who are currently $chunting in HH and they reckon that in the first hour and a half they have turned away about a hundred motorists EACH.

Can't wait for their reports. ;D
WE ARE WATCHING YOU

Offline Coco

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • Northampton
Re: HH $chunt. Saturday 17/9/11
« Reply #1 on: 17 September, 2011, 07:05:08 PM »
Yet again a brilliant day for playing in HH! (We can't really call it $chunting since it's a pair of fixed ANPR $cameras - $camassisting perhaps?)

I arrived at the Moor End Road Carpark just before 10:00, dug out my sign, stashed my helmet and got straight to "work". In fewer than five minutes I spoke to at least ten drivers who were unaware of the situation. Sadly during that time a similar number of vehicles passed in from the opposite direction  :'( .  Boyo arrived at around 10:05 and was soon busy at the mini roundabout at the other end of the road. I started to keep count of the number of drivers "saved" from penalty but lost count after about an hour or so when the count got to over 100! Boyo seemed to be "enjoying" a similar level of "business" at his end of the road too, where he was being aided by "Mobility Scooterman".

Today, as last week, we were almost overwhelmed with positive comments from passers by and there was no danger at all of becoming bored. The only negative comments were those shouted by a taxi driver and a bus driver. However, even these negative experiences were more than offset by the number of positive gestures and grins from both of these groups of road users.

What really struck me today though was the number of passers by who had either been caught by the cameras or knew someone who had - testament to the inadequacy of the signage I guess.

At 4:15 after over 6 hours of non-stop assisting Boyo and myself left to return home. My grateful thanks go to Mobility Scooterman for providing bananas (again), to Boyo for providing a much needed coffee and also  to the good folks in Hemel for their support and interesting conversations.
« Last Edit: 17 September, 2011, 07:07:43 PM by Coco »

Offline Monkey Girl

• Follower
« Reply #2 on: 18 September, 2011, 08:17:03 AM »
Great works guys  :aplude: :aplude:.....its going to be very interesting to see what happens next! ;)

Offline kiwi

• Follower
  • FCUKI'N AV IT
« Reply #3 on: 18 September, 2011, 03:04:54 PM »
Nice work  :aplude: :aplude: :aplude: :aplude: :aplude:

Nigel W

« Reply #4 on: 18 September, 2011, 07:30:44 PM »
Good Work guys.  :aplude: :aplude:

I think that the point has now been made in HH. Other councils now need Mob assistance - Southend ?.

When HH CC give their response, it will be interesting to see what they intend to do about refunds.

:idea: I have a few examples for them to follow.

Offline Boyo

• Global Moderator
  • Follower
« Reply #5 on: 24 September, 2011, 10:32:41 PM »
Sorry for such a belated $chunt report - I've been really busy recently but needless to say that I'm still keeping my eye on things and there in spirit.
Anyway, managed to join Coco last week in assisting in Hemel - and what a fantastic day it was! Tremendous support from everyone (bar a couple of grumpy bus drivers), including a policeman who took time explaining to a group a folk what we were doing, something along the lines of "they're saving the motorist a fine, helping the council out and saving us a job too") and a postman who said that he'd noticed a marked increase of identical grey envelopes with the council's crest on, going thro' the sorting office for delivery - obviously fines going out. He had nothing but support for us.
I got there about 10.10 and I don't think we stopped until we decided to call it a day about 16.30. I honestly don't know how many people we assisted but it must have been at least 600 if not a great deal more. 600's a very conservative guess -  I was hoarse by about three o'clock.
It was a fantastic day, big thanks to Coco and to the bloke on the mobility scooter - great work, apparently he'd been down there everyday during the week as well, sterling work indeed.
Unfortunately, I couldn't get there today but hopefully will be out to play again soon
"To no man will we sell, or deny, or delay right or justice" - from the Magna Carta

Offline Kill Switch

• Administrator
  • Follower
« Reply #6 on: 25 September, 2011, 02:09:29 AM »
You were horse by 3 Oclock, nice one Trigger  :rotfl:
A word to the wise ain't necessary - it's the stupid ones that need the advice