Author Topic: PCNs are funny old things  (Read 6273 times)

Offline seggsy

• Follower
Re: PCNs are funny old things
« Reply #15 on: 08 December, 2011, 03:47:49 PM »
I have just received a copy of the TMO in answer to a FoI relating to the loading bay where I was issued my PCN. In the interpretation it states a "goods vehicle" means a motor vehicle which is constructed or adapted for the use of the carrying of goods or burden of any description and is not drawing a trailer"

It also states that "goods" means goods of any kind whether animate or inanimate and includes postal packets of any description and "delivering" and "collecting" in relation to any goods includes checking the goods for the purpose of their delivery and collection;

Well my vehicle has a motor, it is constructed for carry goods or burden, and it was not drawing a trailer.

Amazing when you consider that the person who reviewed my informal representation stated that and I quote "a goods vehicle is used for loading/unloading bulky, heavy or hazardous materials" unquote.

So where does it say the council's own interpretation of goods and goods vehicle does it mention bulky, heavy or hazardous materials........

This pillock cannot even read the interpretation of a goods vehicle stated in their TMO for the loading bay I was in.

Words fail me, and this person, on behalf of Bexley Council, sits as judge and jury in the first instance.....

Thank god there is an appeals system cos if we relied on Bexley Council we would all be at the mercy of ignorance or misinterpretation.

Politicians doncha just 'ate em

Offline seggsy

• Follower
« Reply #16 on: 08 December, 2011, 03:48:35 PM »
Still waiting for my NtO

Offline seggsy

• Follower
« Reply #17 on: 17 December, 2011, 04:51:22 PM »
Received my NtO today. I now have 28 days to either pay up (no chance) or make my formal representations. The clock is running  :dancing: :dancing: :dancing:

Offline DastardlyDick

• Follower
« Reply #18 on: 17 December, 2011, 05:52:32 PM »
Bexley are probably different (just to be feckin' awkward) but TfL make only one distinction when it comes to vehicles parked in loading bays, and that's in the amount of time it has to be "observed with no loading or unloading seen" which is 5 minutes for cars and 10 minutes for vans or trucks. The term "loading" does not include shopping.

Supporters of the NoToMob

In order to view this object you need Flash Player 9+ support!

Get Adobe Flash player