Author Topic: Keeping Medway occupied  (Read 4116 times)

Offline Piggy

• Follower
    • http://www.academy-of-rock.co.uk
Keeping Medway occupied
« on: 18 November, 2011, 10:07:27 PM »
I thought it was time to give Medway some more things to think about whilst they are trying to defend themselves against the tribunal, so I have just sent them an update - see below:  I plan to make a film using lego figures as Council representatives - if anyone knows any good animators ....

Dear Rubena,

It has been 12 months since Medway refused to settle the loss of a £1.00 parking fee at the Black Lion due to malfunctioning machinery.  This was despite my phoning the Council at the time and being told that (a) I would have to write in to claim and (b) I could submit a claim for the lost time and inconvenience involved in having to do this.

I write to present the up to date claim with late payment charges added as per Medway's own procedures.  I am sure you will appreciate that, if Medway choose to claim that they operate their services legally and in a decent way, Medway too will be judged by those same criteria.

If you still do not wish to pay this, I am giving you advance warning of a Tribunal hearing on this matter to be filmed and broadcast widely on youtube and social media.    This will be held on December 18th and you have the right to send two representatives, otherwise we will proceed in any case.

Please let me know if you wish to settle the debt.  I have set out the account using Medway Council's own settlement terms, which are both misleading and an appalling use of grammar.   The good news is that I have not added further charges to account for the offence caused by the inept use of the English language.

Best regards

Peter Cook

Account : Medway Council

Item                                                                                   Amount

Parking fee taken by faulty new equipment                              £1.00

Administration and inconvenience charges for 12 months            £700.00

Total                                                                                 £701.00

The fee is £701.00.  The fee must be paid not later that the last day of the period of 28 days beginning with the date on which this charge is served.  A reduced charge of £631.00 is payable in the following circumstances if the fee is paid not later than the last day of the period of 21 days beginning with the date on which this notice was served, the fee will be reduced by 50%

Payment methods:

By cash using recorded delivery to our address "residents collection services"

By cheque ? payable to Peter Cook, including a £10 service charge to cover the costs of encashment

address removed - billlie.skeggs
« Last Edit: 19 November, 2011, 04:43:06 PM by billie.skeggs »
Piggy - The Parking Pest

Offline Ewan Hoosami

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • Veni, Vidi, $chunti. I came, I saw, I assisted.
Re: Keeping Medway occupied
« Reply #1 on: 19 November, 2011, 11:15:29 AM »
I believe that's just about made my day.   :pmsl:

Appealing to the council is like playing chess with a pigeon. You might be a chess grand master but the pigeon will always knock all the pieces over, shit on the board and then strut around triumphantly.

Offline Kill Switch

• Administrator
  • Follower
« Reply #2 on: 19 November, 2011, 12:49:14 PM »
Love it
A word to the wise ain't necessary - it's the stupid ones that need the advice

Offline Staps

• Follower
« Reply #3 on: 19 November, 2011, 02:53:19 PM »
Its about time the people who have been ripped off by these LA's did get Reimbursed for the time wasted in fighting their illegally issued pcn's.  Would be good to see this take off, the LA's would soon start to think twice before issuing pcn's hoping for the victim to cave in and pay up. Good luck with this Piggy  :aplude: :aplude: 

Offline BAILIFFCHASER

• Follower
« Reply #4 on: 21 November, 2011, 10:10:06 AM »

Picture of the very lady this letter is addressed to. Fifth picture from the top.
« Last Edit: 21 November, 2011, 10:11:54 AM by BAILIFFCHASER »

Nigel W

« Reply #5 on: 21 November, 2011, 10:19:04 AM »
Or:

Offline BAILIFFCHASER

• Follower
« Reply #6 on: 21 November, 2011, 10:48:53 AM »
Or:

No its not her shes probably vinegar tits. Hafizi is the one pictured 5th down from the top.

Offline seggsy

• Follower
« Reply #7 on: 14 December, 2011, 05:30:18 PM »
it just goes to show that stitching up motorists is an industry. Now they hold seminars on how to REALLY stitch up motorists. Sharing their "expertise".  It makes me want to vomit. There is a whole group of "public servants" and CONtractors dedicated to doing a job on us..... :'(
Politicians doncha just 'ate em

Offline Piggy

• Follower
    • http://www.academy-of-rock.co.uk
« Reply #8 on: 14 December, 2011, 05:59:14 PM »
I think I will book into one of their 'best practice in ripping the public off seminars' - I can think of no better way to spend a day ! lol

Of course they have refused to pay the fine and I am now working on the "tribunal" ....
Piggy - The Parking Pest

Offline Bungle

• Follower
« Reply #9 on: 15 December, 2011, 08:47:33 AM »
Can you not issue a Money on Line Claim against them ? it would be worth the £ 80 to serve the documents on them and a quick whip round here would do that ! Oh what fun we had ! :dancing:

Supporters of the NoToMob

In order to view this object you need Flash Player 9+ support!

Get Adobe Flash player