Author Topic: new road markings  (Read 12825 times)

Offline news shopper martin

• Follower
new road markings
« on: 07 March, 2012, 03:06:47 PM »
As one or 2 off ya may be aware a main road near my place has been resufaced so there for all new road markings but by god are they a mess in places any one fancy a lil sight seeing trip at bexlys handy work? 
$CAMERAS HIDE NOTOMOB SEEK what a great game we play we always win

Offline Ewan Hoosami

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • Veni, Vidi, $chunti. I came, I saw, I assisted.
Re: new road markings
« Reply #1 on: 09 April, 2012, 12:43:18 AM »
Martin sent me this picture to post up. He didn't say where it was but I'll wager he didn't have to walk too far to find Bexley incompetence. What with the bus stop and the wavy white line, I'd say it must be near a pub.

Appealing to the council is like playing chess with a pigeon. You might be a chess grand master but the pigeon will always knock all the pieces over, shit on the board and then strut around triumphantly.

• Follower
« Reply #2 on: 09 April, 2012, 12:40:30 PM »
That bus stop is on the newly resuraced sidcup hill

Offline tommy the trumpet

• Follower
« Reply #3 on: 09 April, 2012, 06:15:13 PM »
Correct me if i am wrong but is that a sign on a bus stop post beside the blue car, which would mean perhaps they should have marked it out a few meters forward of the present position.
Now comes to light why its done, so when a bus pulls out on you without indicating you can swerve to miss him and stay on the same side of the road.

« Last Edit: 09 April, 2012, 06:18:41 PM by tommy the trumpet »
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.    
Ciao Marco #58

• Follower
« Reply #4 on: 09 April, 2012, 08:58:02 PM »
Tommy the bus stop sign is fixed to a lamppost and what u can see is the bus timetable and info ect

• Follower
« Reply #5 on: 10 April, 2012, 09:44:07 AM »
Going past there today will have a look en route.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.    
Ciao Marco #58

• Follower
« Reply #6 on: 10 April, 2012, 11:58:40 AM »
It is The 3rd busstop going up the hill from the t lights at rectory lane

Nigel W

« Reply #7 on: 10 April, 2012, 01:43:27 PM »
It has not been marked correctly as a Bus Stop and therefore cannot be enforced.

It should have a longitudinal yellow line along the carriageway parallel to and close to the kerb. This line should be be 200mm wide.

The legend 'Bus Stop' ought to be in the centre of the bay and not at one end of it. 

It also requires a clearway sign plate "no stopping at anytime except buses".

It has been illegally placed on the highway. Watch out for any enforcement of it.
« Last Edit: 10 April, 2012, 01:56:51 PM by Nigel W »

• Follower
« Reply #8 on: 10 April, 2012, 05:29:23 PM »
Have been there today and the cause of the wonk is a very strange piece of pavement extentsion which I really cannot see the point of as of the three streets off of Sidcup Hill in this area only this one has it. It would actually cause a bus to swing out when pulling away,

Why?

The third picture is on the junction of Durham Road and that one really is one of Ewans suggested pub jobs, not sure if it shows so well in the picture but if your passing take a look.
Ciao Marco #58

Offline Ewan Hoosami

• Administrator
  • Follower
« Reply #9 on: 10 April, 2012, 07:13:22 PM »
There's no shortage of this type of buffoonery in Bexley. Long Lane was recently, ahem, improved.;

http://www.bexley-is-bonkers.co.uk/photos/blog/2012/03_06.shtml

The kerb extensions are to stop the Co-op delivery lorry from parking, nice job guys. The parking bays have been painted wide enough to accommodate a Honda Goldwing. If, as I suspect, the painting was done late on a friday afternoon, there's a pub nearby. I may be onto something here. My other theory is that Bexley's highways monkeys have discovered that some of the road markings inadvertently comply with the TSRGD and are working hard to rectify this. If you look at the Google street view of Sidcup Hill, you will see that the old road markings have the wide yellow line by the Kerb and the bay is where the post is. Personally I would have left things how they were, trousered the £36,000* and treated myself to a new car. There's no point in having one's snout in the trough if one is to just squander the money.

*Myth: Peter Craske claims he spends £36,000 a year on repainting lines.

Fact: Peter Craske's trousers spontaneously combust on a daily basis
Appealing to the council is like playing chess with a pigeon. You might be a chess grand master but the pigeon will always knock all the pieces over, shit on the board and then strut around triumphantly.

Offline Bonkers

• Follower
    • http://www.bexley-is-bonkers.co.uk
« Reply #10 on: 10 April, 2012, 09:12:57 PM »
May I butt in?

There are some pictures of the finished job here...

http://www.bexley-is-bonkers.co.uk/photos/blog/2012/04_02pt2.shtml

I must reshoot the bus stop, it looks particularly silly in picture 5 of that link.

And Craske's £36,000 was for repainting lines within CPZs. I don't think he has got around to inventing a figure for other areas yet.
« Last Edit: 11 April, 2012, 06:15:24 PM by Bonkers »

• Follower
« Reply #11 on: 10 April, 2012, 09:25:31 PM »
36,000 thats the least of our worries, just heard a rumour Peter craske goes commando.
« Last Edit: 10 April, 2012, 09:43:02 PM by tommy the trumpet »
Ciao Marco #58

Offline Ewan Hoosami

• Administrator
  • Follower
« Reply #12 on: 11 April, 2012, 02:17:13 PM »
36,000 thats the least of our worries, just heard a rumour Peter craske goes commando.

:o  As if there's not enough pricks in the civic offices already!

Bonkers, lucky you did butt in. That was the link I intended to post. Any more of that type of incompetence and I may get offered a well paid job locally. Ive sent you some pics of the offending bus stop.

Nigel W

« Reply #13 on: 11 April, 2012, 02:47:01 PM »
Bus Stop? It is yet another unenforceable monstrosity that has been unlawfully placed on the highway.

The longitudinal thick yellow line should extend up to within 100 mm of the box markings.

The bus stop 'lollypop' sign which I assume is only temporary does not comply with the directions either.
« Last Edit: 11 April, 2012, 04:59:24 PM by Nigel W »

Offline Pat Pending

• Global Moderator
  • Follower
« Reply #14 on: 11 April, 2012, 03:13:18 PM »

:o  As if there's not enough pricks in the civic offices already!

Bonkers, lucky you did butt in. That was the link I intended to post. Any more of that type of incompetence and I may get offered a well paid job locally. Ive sent you some pics of the offending bus stop.

This truly is a bit of inspired planning!!!
What a complete W4NKER the person is who actioned this.  :bashy: :bashy: :bashy: :bashy: :bashy: :bashy:
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Beer in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up,  totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a  ride!!"

Supporters of the NoToMob

In order to view this object you need Flash Player 9+ support!

Get Adobe Flash player