Author Topic: Fiiiiiight!  (Read 7928 times)

Offline Ewan Hoosami

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • Veni, Vidi, $chunti. I came, I saw, I assisted.
Fiiiiiight!
« on: 18 June, 2013, 08:34:49 PM »
An altercation has broken out between the rofl smilies and the bashy smilies as to who should appear in this thread.

http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/news/bexley/10485087.Bexley_councillors___slight_flexibility__would_improve_public_perception_of_traffic_wardens/

Appealing to the council is like playing chess with a pigeon. You might be a chess grand master but the pigeon will always knock all the pieces over, shit on the board and then strut around triumphantly.

Offline The Bald Eagle

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • THE lowest common denominator
Re: Fiiiiiight!
« Reply #1 on: 18 June, 2013, 11:47:07 PM »
I'm going bashy for two reasons. The first is obvious.

"A slight increase in flexibility...". :bashy: :bashy: :bashy: :bashy: :bashy: :bashy: :bashy: :bashy: :bashy: :bashy: :bashy: :bashy: :bashy: :bashy: :bashy: :bashy: :bashy: :bashy: :bashy:

A "slight" increase in flexibility on the part of Herr Hitler may have seen the invasion of Poland put off indefinitely.

Second I have to get anal about the abuse of the English language, particularly when reporting in a newspaper.

One councillor who listened to complaints about CEOs effecting trade in their ward suggested traffic wardens should give motorists the benefit of the doubt more often.

Nice sentiment but... "affecting" is the word you were looking for there pal. (only worth two bashys)  :bashy: :bashy:
WE ARE WATCHING YOU

Offline Ewan Hoosami

• Administrator
  • Follower
« Reply #2 on: 19 June, 2013, 12:32:19 AM »
I did notice that myself and I agree that they should use proper english like what we does.

Appealing to the council is like playing chess with a pigeon. You might be a chess grand master but the pigeon will always knock all the pieces over, shit on the board and then strut around triumphantly.

Offline DastardlyDick

• Follower
« Reply #3 on: 19 June, 2013, 05:41:17 PM »
Issues of grammar aside - how can they give their CEOs the power to "give motorists the benefit of the doubt" when the Statutory Guidance says the use of discretion should 'rest with backroom staff'?
This looks to me like a hand-washing excercise by the Council along the lines of 'well, we tried to do something, but that nasty Secretary of State says we can't, sorry folks' or am I being far too cynical?

Offline Ewan Hoosami

• Administrator
  • Follower
« Reply #4 on: 20 June, 2013, 09:16:39 AM »
Ordinarily, I would say you are. But this is Bexley which is presided over by fanatical dictator Kim Jong-O'Neill. There is always an ulterior motive in everything Bexley does. Sorry I meant to say ALWAYS. Another thing they can be completely relied upon for is to do whatever is in their best interests whilst completely ignoring anything from central government. Like this for example,

http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/news/bexley/10491243.Bexley_Council_filming_ban_remains_despite_government_call_for_openness/

At least they are reliable and consistent.

Offline Ewan Hoosami

• Administrator
  • Follower
« Reply #5 on: 01 August, 2013, 03:43:10 PM »
So what did Bexley Council mean by a slight increase in flexibility then?

http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/news/10565308.Danson_Festival_traffic_wardens__hunted_in_packs__to_catch_out_revellers/?ref=nt

Hunting in packs it seems. A pack of weasels or more appropriately, a sneak of weasels. The second picture shows two of the three weasels sneaking about on private property. Nice to see them being more flexible. You might also notice that the council spokesweasel (is that still Tina Brooks?) is really going for gold towards the end of the article. Perhaps the BPA are now running secret coaching sessions on bull shitting to the press. They are the recognised authority on it after all.

« Last Edit: 03 August, 2013, 11:21:37 AM by Ewan Hoosami »

Offline DastardlyDick

• Follower
« Reply #6 on: 10 August, 2013, 10:20:39 AM »
This reminds me of Eid celebrations in Hounslow - every year the mosque near Bath Road holds a prayer meeting to celebrate Eid, it's so popular that they have to hold several meetings so that everybody has a chance to pray at the mosque. Needless to say, Parking was at a premium and, to be fair, some of it left quite a lot to be desired (across people's drives, on corners etc.).
Hounslow Councils idea of celebration was to send it's CEOs down there in force to ticket the faithful while they prayed! It ends up with Police being deployed to ensure 'fair play' and prevent any breach of the peace.

Offline The Bald Eagle

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • THE lowest common denominator
« Reply #7 on: 10 August, 2013, 10:57:07 AM »
This reminds me of Eid celebrations in Hounslow - every year the mosque near Bath Road holds a prayer meeting to celebrate Eid, it's so popular that they have to hold several meetings so that everybody has a chance to pray at the mosque. Needless to say, Parking was at a premium and, to be fair, some of it left quite a lot to be desired (across people's drives, on corners etc.).
Hounslow Councils idea of celebration was to send it's CEOs down there in force to ticket the faithful while they prayed! It ends up with Police being deployed to ensure 'fair play' and prevent any breach of the peace.

Preying on the praying? <_>
WE ARE WATCHING YOU

Offline Ewan Hoosami

• Administrator
  • Follower
« Reply #8 on: 12 August, 2013, 08:01:26 PM »
While the people of Hounslow are worshipping their prophet, the weasels are busy worshipping their profit.

Offline DastardlyDick

• Follower
« Reply #9 on: 13 August, 2013, 03:50:27 PM »
While the people of Hounslow are worshipping their prophet, the weasels are busy worshipping their profit.

Can't even lay this at the door of PPCs - Hounslow's Parking Enforcement is still run in house by the Council.

Offline Belplasca

• Follower
« Reply #10 on: 15 August, 2013, 07:19:25 PM »
Well, those of you complaining about the Hounslow enforcement near the mosque clearly have no experience of the totally inconsiderate parking by the congregations of mosques.

Round here we've even had people driving right off the public road and parking on my private yards... They just don't care.

And, the real joke is that, when they applied for planning permission they swore blind that NO-ONE but the one or two disabled would come by car, because their total congregation would be locl.

Ha. ha.

Wish they would enforce properly here!

Bob
Blanka (my partner) has signed up on a challenge to help the Marie Curie Hospice in Hampstead.

Help her at http://www.justgivin...lanka-Rathauska

Supporters of the NoToMob

In order to view this object you need Flash Player 9+ support!

Get Adobe Flash player