Author Topic: Come into town or we'll fine you £385  (Read 1530 times)

Offline Ewan Hoosami

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • Veni, Vidi, $chunti. I came, I saw, I assisted.
Come into town or we'll fine you £385
« on: 03 August, 2013, 07:34:10 AM »
Parking enforcement is used by the council to keep traffic moving and to make the roads safer for everyone............................except if you don't drive into town in the first place,

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-23558130

I see what they're doing. If you don't drive into town in the first place then the council can't protect the public from your parking skills. In a rare outbreak of honesty a council spokesweasel said,

"It's got f :o ck all to do with traffic management. The whole thing has always been about the money, and always will be. We're just glad that Pickles has only issued guidance rather than legislation. The council likes a bit of guidance. We can just pop it in the recycle bin along with the rest of it and then send it away to be pulped down and turned into PCNs. What the lord giveth, the council taketh away."

Appealing to the council is like playing chess with a pigeon. You might be a chess grand master but the pigeon will always knock all the pieces over, shit on the board and then strut around triumphantly.

Supporters of the NoToMob

In order to view this object you need Flash Player 9+ support!

Get Adobe Flash player