Author Topic: It's official. BPA Ltd announce that London Councils decide POPLA appeals.  (Read 2453 times)

Offline Web Admin

• Administrator
  • Follower
On page 8 of the August edition of Parking News (link below) (the magazine owned, run and edited by the BPA Ltd), there is an article headed "BPA SEEKS TO APPOINT INDEPENDENT APPEALS BOARD CHAIR".

The final paragraph reads:

"Popla was created in October 2012 to allow motorists in England and Wales to access a free dispute resolution service. It is operated by London Councils, an organisation that independently decides the outcome of an appeal if a driver appeals a penalty charge notice issued on private land." (emphasis added)

It is also noteworthy that the BPA Ltd seem to be under the impression that their members issue penalties to members of the public.

AND IT MUST BE TRUE, OTHERWISE THE BPA LTD WOULD NOT HAVE PRINTED IT, WOULD THEY?

http://portfolio.cpl.co.uk/Parking-News/322/8/

Offline Belplasca

• Follower
Re: It's official. BPA Ltd announce that London Councils decide POPLA appeals.
« Reply #1 on: 12 September, 2013, 05:07:24 PM »
What a wonderful bit of reporting!

Because, of course, under contract law if its members really are issuing penalty charge notices, they are illegal and unenforceable.

Perhaps now would be a good time to close down POPLA, since - clearly - any motorist challenging these "penalty charge notices MUST have them automatically cancelled...

Bob
Blanka (my partner) has signed up on a challenge to help the Marie Curie Hospice in Hampstead.

Help her at http://www.justgivin...lanka-Rathauska

Offline DastardlyDick

• Follower
« Reply #2 on: 12 September, 2013, 11:34:41 PM »
The other thing that strikes me is that if PoPLA is Independant, shouldn't it be the Operators i.e London Councils who "seek to appoint" a Chairman?

Offline The Bald Eagle

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • THE lowest common denominator
« Reply #3 on: 13 September, 2013, 01:39:09 PM »
The other thing that strikes me is that if PoPLA is Independant, shouldn't it be the Operators i.e London Councils who "seek to appoint" a Chairman?

So you want Nick Lester to be in charge of appointing the chairman then? :o ???
WE ARE WATCHING YOU

Offline Belplasca

• Follower
« Reply #4 on: 13 September, 2013, 02:41:47 PM »
Can anyone explain to me why LONDON councils should have any more involvement in the countrywide POPLA appeals system than any other public body?

Especially as the LONDON COUNCILS entity seem to be firmly in the camp of those seeking to milk as much revenue from the motoring public? I did ask my MP how this could possibly be an "INDEPENDENT" body, but he just did his usual messenger boy trick and sent my question to a Minister and then sent me their reply without any consideration of his own...

Bob
Blanka (my partner) has signed up on a challenge to help the Marie Curie Hospice in Hampstead.

Help her at http://www.justgivin...lanka-Rathauska

Offline DastardlyDick

• Follower
« Reply #5 on: 14 September, 2013, 01:03:16 AM »

So you want Nick Lester to be in charge of appointing the chairman then? :o ???

No, but on the other hand, I don't want him/her chosen by the directors of NSL, APCOA etc either!

Supporters of the NoToMob

In order to view this object you need Flash Player 9+ support!

Get Adobe Flash player