Author Topic: BBC video - Newham Council refunds illegal parking fines  (Read 1508 times)

Offline Web Admin

• Administrator
  • Follower
BBC video - Newham Council refunds illegal parking fines
« on: 09 April, 2014, 07:12:41 PM »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-26942544

Newham Council refunds illegal parking fines

Hundreds of thousands of pounds is being refunded to drivers by an east London council after parking tickets were illegally issued.

Newham Council issued tickets to nearly 5,000 people since 2009 using CCTV which was not legally approved.

Campaigners believe there are a number of similar cameras used by the council which could see further refunds of up to £10m.

BBC London reporter Alex Bushill spoke to Muma Kaba from B&P Carpets and Steve Baker from No To MOB campaign.

Offline Ewan Hoosami

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • Veni, Vidi, $chunti. I came, I saw, I assisted.
Re: BBC video - Newham Council refunds illegal parking fines
« Reply #1 on: 09 April, 2014, 07:46:02 PM »
Sir Robbin' B'stard: "I'll be f :o cked if we're paying out on the other $cameras!"

The Bald Eagle: "You certainly will be. Not exactly quick learners over there, are you?"

Newham Council declined to be bum raped on national television. Love it.  :rotfl:

Appealing to the council is like playing chess with a pigeon. You might be a chess grand master but the pigeon will always knock all the pieces over, shit on the board and then strut around triumphantly.

Supporters of the NoToMob

In order to view this object you need Flash Player 9+ support!

Get Adobe Flash player