Author Topic: Driver given £100 parking fine for spelling error  (Read 1534 times)

Offline Web Admin

• Administrator
  • Follower
Driver given £100 parking fine for spelling error
« on: 07 March, 2016, 12:43:25 PM »
Driver given £100 parking fine for spelling error

Laura Ingarfield. pictured with her partner Paul Hilton, says she will not pay the fine

A driver is facing a £100 fine after making a mistake when entering her registration number into a parking machine.

Laura Ingarfield tapped a letter O instead of the number zero into the machine during a visit to Port Talbot's Aberavon's Reel Cinema.

Parking firm Minster Baywatch rejected her appeal against the fine.

Ms Ingarfield, of Cwmavon, Port Talbot, said: "It's disgusting. There is no way I will pay that fine."
'Breach of rules'

"It was a simple mistake that anyone could have made, and I don't think I should have to pay a fine for this.

"If I knew I had tried to get away without paying, I would have paid the fine.

"But I didn't do that. I think what they are doing is wrong."

A spokeswoman for Minster Baywatch said: "This was a breach of the site rules which make it clear the registration inputted must be complete and correct. As a result of this, a parking charge was issued.

"Minster Baywatch are happy we have acted appropriately throughout this process and Ms Ingarfield has been supplied with all necessary information, opportunities to appeal and a significantly reduced parking charge amount."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-south-west-wales-35717602

Supporters of the NoToMob

In order to view this object you need Flash Player 9+ support!

Get Adobe Flash player