Author Topic: Bexley’s parking charges increase will hit struggling traders.  (Read 2557 times)

Offline peperami gsxr

• Follower
  • bexley-notomob@live.co.uk
Following a good news story i posted a few mins ago, and to keep a balance (ying an yang  :rotfl:)

http://www.bexleytimes.co.uk/news/bexley_s_parking_charges_increase_will_hit_struggling_traders_1_904277

A council spokesman said: “The strategy sets out a variety of charges that will be increased, all of which contribute towards protecting key services, such as adult social care, collecting rubbish and repairing roads and pavements, from the cuts in public spending. Most people who responded endorsed the overall strategy of protecting key services from the cuts.”
« Last Edit: 01 January, 1970, 01:00:00 AM by Guest »
Sworn to fun, loyalty to none

Offline news shopper martin

• Follower
Re: Bexley’s parking charges increase will hit struggling traders.
« Reply #1 on: 31 May, 2011, 05:07:33 PM »
Well erm correct me if i am wrong but ant that ileagl  :idea: i thort revenue from parking can only be sent on roads and parking? ??????
$CAMERAS HIDE NOTOMOB SEEK what a great game we play we always win

Nigel W

Re: Bexley’s parking charges increase will hit struggling traders.
« Reply #2 on: 31 May, 2011, 07:27:09 PM »
Parking Charges and Penalties are a separate entity. I think that Parking Charges can be used however they wish.

Penalties should only be used for Traffic Management purposes. This was also amended under The Traffic Management Act 2004 section 7 item 95 "(v) "in the case of such local authorities as may be prescribed, any other purposes for which the authority may lawfully incur expenditure;” What the highlighted term means is anyone's guess.

Supporters of the NoToMob

In order to view this object you need Flash Player 9+ support!

Get Adobe Flash player