Author Topic: This is a license to print money for the LA's  (Read 1713 times)

Offline Pat Pending

• Global Moderator
  • Follower
This is a license to print money for the LA's
« on: 13 October, 2011, 09:55:43 PM »
Here we go again another area where Local Councils can abuse the motorists by putting up incorrect signs and then issuing PCN's  W:T:F:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-15299597
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Beer in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up,  totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a  ride!!"

Offline Ewan Hoosami

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • Veni, Vidi, $chunti. I came, I saw, I assisted.
Re: This is a license to print money for the LA's
« Reply #1 on: 13 October, 2011, 11:20:35 PM »
Well, doesn't that just put the icing dog shit on the cake. Councils have proven themselves to be completely irresponsible over the years bringing up the most ridiculous points of pedantry imaginable. The government's solution? Give the petty minded little Napoleons even more power to wield.   W:T:F:

Appealing to the council is like playing chess with a pigeon. You might be a chess grand master but the pigeon will always knock all the pieces over, shit on the board and then strut around triumphantly.

Offline The Bald Eagle

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • THE lowest common denominator
Re: This is a license to print money for the LA's
« Reply #2 on: 14 October, 2011, 12:42:04 AM »
"Councils will be able to use innovative measures..."

So that's a license to let them do whatever the f*ck they want then.:bashy: :bashy: :bashy: :bashy: :bashy: :bashy: :bashy:.

"We are cutting pointless bureaucracy, giving councils more freedoms, and updating our signs for the modern era."

Pointless bearocracy that sees its citizens bullied and their human rights abused for the sake of balancing the council's books!? I don't think so Mr Baker. :bashy: :bashy: :bashy: :bashy: :bashy: :bashy:

"This expensive clutter can also leave our roadsides looking unsightly and unwelcoming, so the changes I am announcing will help councils cut the number of signs they need to use."

So the fact that the ones they use aren't fit for purpose and confuse drivers means that we need LESS signs! :o :o I just want to see ones we can see and easily understand.

Has Mr Norman Baker ever read the Traffic Signs Manual? IT'S WHAT HE AND HIS ADMINISTRATION ARE SUPPOSED TO BE RELYING ON AT THE MOMENT. Is he seriously saying it's not good enough?

:bashy: :bashy: :bashy: :bashy: :bashy: :bashy: :bashy: :bashy: :bashy: :bashy: :bashy: :bashy: :bashy: :bashy: :bashy: :bashy: :bashy: :bashy: :bashy: :bashy: :bashy: :bashy: :bashy: :bashy: :bashy: :bashy: :bashy: :bashy: :bashy: :bashy: :bashy: :bashy: :bashy: :bashy: :bashy: :bashy: :bashy: :bashy: :bashy: :bashy: :bashy: :bashy: :bashy: :bashy: :bashy: :bashy: :bashy: :bashy: :bashy: :bashy: :bashy: :bashy: :bashy: :bashy: :bashy: :bashy: :bashy: :bashy: :bashy: :bashy: :bashy: :bashy:
« Last Edit: 14 October, 2011, 12:53:26 AM by The Bald Eagle »
WE ARE WATCHING YOU

Supporters of the NoToMob

In order to view this object you need Flash Player 9+ support!

Get Adobe Flash player