Author Topic: Disabled bay  (Read 3318 times)

Offline tommy the trumpet

• Follower
Disabled bay
« on: 13 April, 2012, 05:55:50 PM »
Have been around to see a mate this afternoon who has had a unique request of Bexley.

He has actually asked for parking enforcement from bexley and cannot get any help, probably no revenue in it for them.

The attached photo shows a disabled bay of which the covered bike behind it keeps being parked there overhanging the bay and preventing use of the bay, Bexley have been asked to visit and enforce this situaton but to date it has fallen on deaf ears.

I hasten to add my mate is registered disabled and finds this very akward at times as more often than not there is no alternative.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.    
Ciao Marco #58

Offline rs2k

• Follower
Re: Disabled bay
« Reply #1 on: 13 April, 2012, 08:42:35 PM »
Im not 100% on this, but I think white lined disabled bays are more a courtasy.... yellow lined ones are ticketable, or are at least enforced that way here.

Offline Ewan Hoosami

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • Veni, Vidi, $chunti. I came, I saw, I assisted.
« Reply #2 on: 13 April, 2012, 08:50:09 PM »
I always thought that Disabled bays are exactly that, for disabled use only, and painted white. Not that that one is correctly marked. Aren't yellow bays for Taxis?

edit: I just had a look. Yellow bays are for "TAXIS," "AMBULANCES," or "POLICE."

« Last Edit: 13 April, 2012, 08:54:16 PM by Ewan Hoosami »
Appealing to the council is like playing chess with a pigeon. You might be a chess grand master but the pigeon will always knock all the pieces over, shit on the board and then strut around triumphantly.

Offline seggsy

• Follower
« Reply #3 on: 15 April, 2012, 09:27:16 PM »
The issue here, I would have thought, is parking with wheels on the footway not the disabled bay markings. Within London it is not permitted to park with wheels on the footway. A motorcycle on a centre stand must have one wheel on the footway. That would be the contravention here.
Politicians doncha just 'ate em

Offline DastardlyDick

• Follower
« Reply #4 on: 18 April, 2012, 10:09:42 AM »

The issue here, I would have thought, is parking with wheels on the footway not the disabled bay markings. Within London it is not permitted to park with wheels on the footway. A motorcycle on a centre stand must have one wheel on the footway. That would be the contravention here.

Agreed, definitly footway parking. Shame whoever owns that bike can't be done for being a selfish twat - he/she is a disgrace to bikers.

Supporters of the NoToMob

In order to view this object you need Flash Player 9+ support!

Get Adobe Flash player