Author Topic: Connell Crescent - Cleaners taken to the cleaners  (Read 5500 times)

Offline Mr Mustard

• Follower
Connell Crescent - Cleaners taken to the cleaners
« on: 07 December, 2015, 06:34:13 PM »
You really have to make the signs in the wrong places argument to win. I have every sympathy for this company which really should have seen a PCN cancelled due to mitigation and advice not to do it again. Councils don't just want the money, no sir.........

Case 215040901A heard on 4 December 15 hearing

The allegation in this case was that this vehicle had failed to comply with a prohibition on certain types of vehicle.

The appellant, who appeared before me today and who owns the appellant dry cleaning business, did not deny that he had driven through the restriction but he explained that he did so to make au urgent delivery to a customer he providing a letter from the customer in support.

I acknowledged what was said but there is no exemption that allows a vehicle to enter this road during the hours of restriction to make a delivery.

Although the appellant contended that the council only issued tickets for this contravention to commercial vehicles such as the contravening vehicle, and not to private vehicles, I was not satisfied that that was so.

I was satisfied that the contravention had occurred in this case.

The appellant's submissions were mitigation only which I have no power to take into account.

Offline DastardlyDick

• Follower
Re: Connell Crescent - Cleaners taken to the cleaners
« Reply #1 on: 12 December, 2015, 07:17:13 AM »
It looks like Ealing may have negated the signage argument, when I went past Connell Crescent yesterday (Friday) both signs were at the beginning of the road. Unfortunately, I couldn't get a photo as I was in a bit of a hurry, but if you look on Street View it appears that they've removed the blue bicycle sign from the first lamp post on the right hand side (outside the old cinema/pub) and replaced it with the 'no motor vehicles' - aka the "flying motorcycle" - one. It may be worth checking date/time stamps on any photo's Ealing use in their evidence packs for the next few weeks - not that i'm suggesting any underhand behaviour of course!

« Last Edit: 12 December, 2015, 07:36:59 AM by DastardlyDick »

Offline Coco

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • Northampton
« Reply #2 on: 13 December, 2015, 12:12:44 PM »
It looks like Ealing may have negated the signage argument, when I went past Connell Crescent yesterday (Friday) both signs were at the beginning of the road. Unfortunately, I couldn't get a photo as I was in a bit of a hurry, but if you look on Street View it appears that they've removed the blue bicycle sign from the first lamp post on the right hand side (outside the old cinema/pub) and replaced it with the 'no motor vehicles' - aka the "flying motorcycle" - one. It may be worth checking date/time stamps on any photo's Ealing use in their evidence packs for the next few weeks - not that i'm suggesting any underhand behaviour of course!

Think you might be confusing your lefts and rights Dick.

As it was

As it is now (with the flying motorbike sign replacing the blue cycle route sign)

Offline DastardlyDick

• Follower
« Reply #3 on: 15 December, 2015, 07:27:25 AM »
Depends which side you're standing

Offline The Bald Eagle

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • THE lowest common denominator
« Reply #4 on: 15 December, 2015, 10:24:11 AM »

You have twice stated on this forum that both signs are now at the beginning of the road, but we are no wiser as to what the current situation is. Confusing the position with pedantic arguments like this is most unhelpful.

It has never been disputed that the sign on the right in Coco's picture is at the beginning of the road, as is clear from the decisions of the adjudicators should you care to read and understand them
( http://notomob.co.uk/discussions/index.php?topic=5778.msg34556#msg34556 ).

Please look at Coco's photograph and tell us whether the sign on the left has been moved or not. If not, it is not at the beginning of the road, but is in fact some 50 plus feet back from it (as previously stated by Coco), and is still a problem.
WE ARE WATCHING YOU

Offline Coco

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • Northampton
« Reply #5 on: 15 December, 2015, 12:42:27 PM »

The signs can only be read from one side - Dick, i.e. from Hanger Green.

I will also concede that left and right could be reversed if

a) you had your back to the signs and were looking over your shoulder, or
b) you were upside down

If either of these cases applies, please accept my apologies. Furthermore, if either does apply, I question the wisdom of travelling at speed (as suggested in your original post) whilst in reverse or inverted.

Supporters of the NoToMob

In order to view this object you need Flash Player 9+ support!

Get Adobe Flash player