Author Topic: HH $chunt - 29/10/11  (Read 4631 times)

Offline The Bald Eagle

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • THE lowest common denominator
HH $chunt - 29/10/11
« on: 29 October, 2011, 07:43:46 PM »
iiI joined Coco and Dennis at about 11.30 this morning and it was business as usual right from the off. Loads of pissed off people complaining about not seeing the signs and loads of "thank you"s and thumbs up from the vast majority of motorists.

Still getting funny looks from some though and I can only put it down to the possibility that they think we are actually working FOR the council.

And what is it with some of the bus drivers? Why are they so aggressive? Why are they so keen for drivers to commit the offence? Surely we are helping them to run on time by stopping drivers blocking the bus lane.

And one pillock actually had the gall to tell me that what I was doing was illegal and I could be arrested for it. I told him to go fetch a policeman then. Funnily enough he didn't come back with one.

Two women said they had written to the council about the poor signage and one said she was going to complain to the local MP at his next surgery. One of them said she was not going to pay the fine and was looking forward to seeing the council in court. Watch out Herts CC.

THE LOCALS ARE REVOLTING.

Oh, and by the way the council have refused an invitation to meet us at Moor End to see it for themselves. There stance is deny, deny, deny, something that has a very familiar ring to it unfortunately.

We can't understand why they still think there is nothing wrong with the signs despite the fact we regularly turn 100s of drivers away from committing the offence every day we $chunt there.

Doesn't the fact that so many people are not seeing the signs indicate that the signs are not fit for purpose? If they really wanted to stop motorists from committing the offence for safety or traffic management reasons, why are they not addressing the problem by doing something other than relying on fines to deter motorists from doing it again?

Obviously that last question may be rhetorical, but now they have shut up shop and refused to cooperate with us, you can rest assured the gloves are off and it's not just the locals who are going to be revolting!
« Last Edit: 29 October, 2011, 07:46:51 PM by The Bald Eagle »
WE ARE WATCHING YOU

Offline BailiffHunter

• Follower
    • http://bailiffhunter.blogspot.com/
Re: HH $chunt - 29/10/11
« Reply #1 on: 29 October, 2011, 08:01:36 PM »
Well done all :aplude:

After the week I have had, just keep going!
\"When the facts change, I change my mind\"

Offline kiwi

• Follower
  • FCUKI'N AV IT
« Reply #2 on: 29 October, 2011, 08:07:59 PM »
Nice 1 ,  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Nigel W

« Reply #3 on: 29 October, 2011, 08:22:55 PM »
Why can't the Council accept the obvious. The number of people who are committing the offence proves that the signage is ineffective.

Does the Council honestly believe that thousands of people go through there every week knowing that they are breaking the law and will receive a penalty?

No. They know that the signage does not convey the restriction. They are content to fill their coffers having made no effective attempt at gaining any compliance.

Adjudicators will see through this just as they did in Sheffield.

Offline Pat Pending

• Global Moderator
  • Follower
« Reply #4 on: 29 October, 2011, 08:40:36 PM »
Good job done! well done guys. BE was the driver with the new powers of drafting his own laws driving an Orange coloured bus? Because if it was this is the driver who tried to intimidate a car driver with his bus, until we shoved a camera in his direction. I saw him glaring at me and Coco first thing this morning as he drove past.
And if this is the case I will make it my business to get him on video behaving like a twat to show to his employers and the local community.
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Beer in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up,  totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a  ride!!"

Offline The Bald Eagle

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • THE lowest common denominator
« Reply #5 on: 30 October, 2011, 01:49:22 PM »
Good job done! well done guys. BE was the driver with the new powers of drafting his own laws driving an Orange coloured bus? Because if it was this is the driver who tried to intimidate a car driver with his bus, until we shoved a camera in his direction. I saw him glaring at me and Coco first thing this morning as he drove past.
And if this is the case I will make it my business to get him on video behaving like a twat to show to his employers and the local community.

I got long hard stares from a number of them and there was one idiot with a beard who did everything but ram the car and its occupants down the bus lane after having cut across the roundabout to get as close to the car's bumper as possible.

Oh, and I have some nice pictures for your collection Pat of yet more drivers who seem to think they have an immunity from prosecution. I'll send them to you and discuss privately what we are going to do with them. :-ev-:

Like I say, the gloves are off! :bashy: :bashy: :bashy:
WE ARE WATCHING YOU

Offline Monkey Girl

• Follower
« Reply #6 on: 30 October, 2011, 07:55:02 PM »
Great work guys...well done  :aplude: :aplude: :aplude: :aplude: :aplude: :aplude: