Author Topic: We won!!!  (Read 5002 times)

Offline terri44787

• Follower
We won!!!
« on: 09 August, 2013, 12:09:29 PM »
Hi,
Having no pcn issued but Bexley insisting they did along with lots of other lies (see my previous post). We went to PATAS yesterday. The adjudicator ruled in our favour after finding us to both be credible witnesses, and also having a witness statement from another independent witness helped.  Made my day I must say, now does anyone know if I can claim back travel expenses from Bexley? As travel from Sittingburne to Angel isn't cheap!

Thanks
Terri ( who is feeling very smug right now)

Offline terri44787

• Follower
Re: We won!!!
« Reply #1 on: 09 August, 2013, 12:18:06 PM »

Offline Ewan Hoosami

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • Veni, Vidi, $chunti. I came, I saw, I assisted.
« Reply #2 on: 09 August, 2013, 01:04:22 PM »
Thanks for letting us know terri. We are all chuffed to bits for you. Expenses are usually decided by the adjudicator on the day. I don't know if you can claim after the event, perhaps some other members have experience of this. A man in Scotland is going down the small claims route,

http://notomob.co.uk/discussions/index.php/topic,2923.0.html

This of course is purely experimental so far but you may want to give it a go, if only to stick it to the b :o stards. I like the way the adjudicator directly said Bexley were lying,

"I have no hesitation in accepting the account of Ms Mount and the appellant. I find as fact that the pcn was not properly issued and served. I allow the appeal."

Good show terri.

Appealing to the council is like playing chess with a pigeon. You might be a chess grand master but the pigeon will always knock all the pieces over, shit on the board and then strut around triumphantly.

Offline Ewan Hoosami

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • Veni, Vidi, $chunti. I came, I saw, I assisted.
« Reply #3 on: 10 August, 2013, 09:37:52 AM »
Another one on the same day, same circumstances, same lying weasels. PATAS direct links are troublesome so click this,

http://www.patasregistersofappeals.org.uk/statreg/default.aspx

Then go 'search' and stick in 2130290038. "I am persuaded that the Penalty Charge Notice was not handed to the Appellant as alleged by the Officer."

Appealing to the council is like playing chess with a pigeon. You might be a chess grand master but the pigeon will always knock all the pieces over, shit on the board and then strut around triumphantly.

Offline DastardlyDick

• Follower
« Reply #4 on: 10 August, 2013, 10:06:09 AM »
Thanks for letting us know terri. We are all chuffed to bits for you. Expenses are usually decided by the adjudicator on the day. I don't know if you can claim after the event, perhaps some other members have experience of this. A man in Scotland is going down the small claims route,

http://notomob.co.uk/discussions/index.php/topic,2923.0.html

This of course is purely experimental so far but you may want to give it a go, if only to stick it to the b :o stards. I like the way the adjudicator directly said Bexley were lying,

"I have no hesitation in accepting the account of Ms Mount and the appellant. I find as fact that the pcn was not properly issued and served. I allow the appeal."

Good show terri.

Even if this chap in Scotland wins (and I suspect the Council will pay him before it gets that far) I don't think it will help in the rest of the UK, as Scotland is a different jurisdiction and their cases cannot be quoted as case law before an English Court. :-(

I'd like to add a "well done" to Terri, as it must have been quite nerve racking for her.

Offline The Bald Eagle

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • THE lowest common denominator
« Reply #5 on: 10 August, 2013, 10:18:50 AM »
Whole heartedly agree Ewan. Well done Terri. :aplude: :aplude: :aplude:
WE ARE WATCHING YOU

Offline Kill Switch

• Administrator
  • Follower
« Reply #6 on: 10 August, 2013, 01:11:36 PM »
My brother lives in Bexley, and has also won an appeal there, so I love it whenever I hear that Bexley have been brought to task  :aplude: :aplude:

Very well done Terri
A word to the wise ain't necessary - it's the stupid ones that need the advice

Supporters of the NoToMob

In order to view this object you need Flash Player 9+ support!

Get Adobe Flash player